Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
I never gave my child refined sugar of any kind and never had to "trick" him to eat vegetables. I think parents make children not like vegetables. If my son started throwing food on the floor I took him away from the table. If he did not want to eat I did not feed him. I never forced foods on him he ate what was there and liked everything.

Onetime when in a kindergarten class a teacher gave him a piece of candy and he spit it out. The teacher called to ask what was wrong with him. I said he had never been given candy and likely all he could taste were the chemicals used to process the sugar. If people would go without refined sugar of any kind for a month they could tast how nasty it is. Giving your children sugar makes them unable to taste the sweetness of vegetables.
I couldn't agree more. Years ago, I went on a survival class when they really detoxed out bodies via natural food and exercise. At the end, they gave us each a banana. The natural fructose in it made it taste like the sweetest pastry you'd ever eaten. Before they tasted bland. One participant had been craving a candy bar. He got one took a couple of bites and we had to stop 3 times on the way back to civilization for him to puke.

When we got back, I got myself a cup of coffee. I was shaking so hard from the caffeine that most of it landed in my lap. Going into the course I was used to drinking multiple pots a day...

More recently, I've found my body not liking fried and refined foods.

-t