Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix movie recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    ^^ It's not available to stream on Netflix. (All is Lost)
    Sorry, that one is on google play, or you can find it in the 'usual places'.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They have it on Amazon, but it's not on Prime. They don't have it on Netflix streaming.
    Hm. I don't know then. I don't even do Netflix or any of that stuff so I don't know how they work. what is Amazon Prime? The only thing I go to Amazon for is to shop for physical things. I don't even really browse the site for any other things.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That one is good .
    Yeah, that one was really good. I don't ever buy dvd's but that one I did actually go buy.

They have it on Amazon, but it's not on Prime. They don't have it on Netflix streaming.
    The Shooter.

Watch it, when you can find it, it will be worth your time.

Too late for last night's viewing, but here's one that I watched on Netflix last night. It's got something of a surprise ending.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

SHOOTER is now back on Netflix! "Watched" it last night, and there is definitely some good/interesting material in it.
    I would say it's like a modern day Rambo (First Blood) of sorts.

Not a movie but a series. Have you seen Hell on Wheels?

Watch Soylent Green

So you can see where the world is heading.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I've seen both of those, but what does that have to do with an ending that I haven't seen before?
    Seen Shutter Island? It's got a neat twist at the end.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    One of my favorites.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Orange is the New Black
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

HOUSE OF CARDS
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Looks interesting, I will probably watch it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Orange is the New Black
    Saw it, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    HOUSE OF CARDS
    Liked this. Rare to see the democrats portrayed negatively like this.

Mad Max is new on netflix this month.

"Edge of Tomorrow" was much better than I expected. Netflix status: Unknown

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/edge-of-tomorrow/?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post

Edge of Tomorrow is simple and almost has a Video Game Plot feel, but it actually works.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post

An unexpectedly good movie. You think you know what would happen and then it hits you with a twist and all the while being very easy to follow.

Highly recommend it, but sadly its not on Netflix

I'm not sure how far Netflixs goes back in time but I just watched an old John Wayne movie that was pretty good.

It's called Blue Steel (1934 film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Steel_%281934_film%29

I liked it because the villains were low life's like the government. The difference then was they were bleeding the town dry by up front robbing them in the mountain passes. Now it's back door thievery through the counterfeiting the government does.

Anyway lots of parallels. The bad guys were also the high up in society in the town and pretended to be very concerned. The plan they had was to bleed them down to where they all had to pull up stakes and leave. Of course the good/bad guy was willing to make a pittance offering of loans on their land so they could maybe make it through the winter. If they couldn't pay it back he would own all of their land. Their land supposedly had a gold vein running under it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12