Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul demands Dems return money raised by ‘sexual predator’ Bill Clinton

Rand Paul demands Dems return money raised by ‘sexual predator’ Bill Clinton

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ney-raised-se/

Sen. Rand Paul, who has been in a bit of a tiff recently with the Clintons, says that any Democrat who has raised campaign money with former President Clinton should return the cash to protest his sexual behavior in the White House.

Speaking on C-Span’s “Newsmakers” program, in an interview airing Sunday, Mr. Paul said Democrats are being hypocritical by criticizing Republicans as waging a war on women while at the same time embracing Mr. Clinton, who was impeached for lying about a sexual relationship with a White House intern.

“They can’t have it both ways. And so I really think that anybody who wants to take money from Bill Clinton or have a fundraiser has a lot of explaining to do. In fact, I think they should give the money back,” Mr. Paul, Kentucky Republican, said. “If they want to take position on women’s rights, by all means do. But you can’t do it and take it from a guy who was using his position of authority to take advantage of young women in the workplace.”

Mr. Paul recently called Mr. Clinton a “sexual predator” for his relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
    Last edited by CaseyJones; 02-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure I agree with his tactic here... As wrong as Bill Clinton was/is... he is still immensely popular. Pointing out the double standard is a good thing, but this could backfire
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Not sure I agree with his tactic here... As wrong as Bill Clinton was/is... he is still immensely popular. Pointing out the double standard is a good thing, but this could backfire
    I agree. Dumb to lock horns with Bill Clinton when it's Hillary running. People usually close ranks behind people when they are subject to these sorts of attacks.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I appreciate what Rand is trying to do here, but all the Clintons have to do and you know for damn sure the media will have their back is bring up the Ron's newsletters to smear Rand with by guilt by association.

Yeah, I wonder why Rand's advisors aren't telling him to drop this, or if they are and Rand just isn't listening to them.

Rand is doing the smart thing, he is too smart for a lot people to understand.

Very smart move by Rand politically.
    This might open up Clinton's hidden scandals.

Bill Clinton and the 15-year-old 'masseuse': I met him twice, claims ...
    Mar 5, 2011 - 'Heroin-dealing musician' arrested in connection with Hoffman death ... by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein reveals how she twice met Bill Clinton.

Virginia Roberts was 15 years old when she got to know Epstein in 1998.
    She alleges that her duties included being "sexually exploited by Epstein's adult male peers including royalty".

Jeffrey Epstein: How the Hedge Fund Mogul Pedophile Got Off Easy ...
    www.thedailybeast.com/.../jeffrey-epstein-how-the-bill...‎
    Mar 25, 2011 - Documents obtained by The Daily Beast reveal how pedophile hedge fund mogul Jeffrey Epstein escaped a hefty jail sentence despite ...

Jeffrey Epstein: Sex Offender, Yes. Billionaire, No. - Forbes
    www.forbes.com/.../jeffrey-epstein-sex-offender-yes-bil...‎Forbes
    Feb 28, 2011 - Palm Beach pervert Jeffrey Epstein is all over the news today, thanks to a series of stories in the UK's Daily Mail linking the convicted pedophile ...

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Very smart move by Rand.

This might open up Clinton's hidden scandals like these.
    +rep
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What it will do is make principled Democrats question why their loyalty stands where it does. It will make scumbag Democrats fear success and personal coverage. This will likely occur subconsciously, but it will be effective.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What it will do is make principled Democrats question why their loyalty stands where it does. It will make scumbag Democrats fear success and personal coverage. This will likely occur subconsciously, but it will be effective.
    It's also not just against Hillary. Whenever a Democrat that is not Hillary says some "War on Women" nonsense, Rand can just ask: if you're so concerned about women, why do you take money from a sexual predator?

Perhaps the tactic here is to show--and I mean really show--that he is willing to actually fight. And his real audience is big donors who, for once, see that Rand Paul is the real deal and perhaps the last chance for the republic?
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Looks like someone is running for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I agree. Dumb to lock horns with Bill Clinton when it's Hillary running. People usually close ranks behind people when they are subject to these sorts of attacks.
    Agree. What he said is true. Many executives have been charged for Sexual harassment just because of the position of authority they hold over a subordinate but this battle has been fought and lost. Rand will harm himself with this line.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

this isn't a fictional reality

i would still like to see ron run for president but i'm not illogical like some who seems to blame the turn of events on rand. ron's personality is one in a million in america and probably unique to older, virtuous generations, you can't ignore that rand is an important force of this movement.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I don't think many people know what Rand is pitted against. These 'people' don't fear anything but the projection of strength. It's like two alpha males that randomly run into each other in a jungle clearing. They are both going to do all in their power to visually intimidate each other before they finally battle. Rand is essentially warning the Clintons that he's not going to back down after they send their media minions after him.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-07-2014 at 01:12 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Even when it was fresh, none of this did anything to seriously damage the people Clinton supported or endorsed.

I have no idea why anyone imagines that it will be any different now that it's 15+ years stale ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-07-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    He's marking his territory. He's warned the Clinton machine if they embark on the War on Women meme, he's going to counter just as aggressively. Hillary especially is very sensitive to Bill's antics in that she is adamant that it is 'ancient history' or never happened. LOL She doesn't want more ignorant members of the younger generations to know anything about this.

Oh...my...God.

I'm just in awe right now.

Smart move, dumb move, brilliant move, dangerous move - whatever - today, Senator Rand Paul takes his scrotum, swings that massive set of cojones up over his shoulders and onto the table, and picks a fight with the patron saint of the Democrat party.

It's about time someone said it. Bill Clinton is the definition of everything that makes a Democrat a Democrat. One set of rules for you, one set for me. Hillary is no different from Bill; this is a point that time has made abundantly clear. I say, bravo, Rand. $#@!in-a.

BRAVO
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    Oh...my...God.

I'm just in awe right now.

Smart move, dumb move, brilliant move, dangerous move - whatever - today, Senator Rand Paul takes his scrotum, swings that massive set of cojones up over his shoulders and onto the table, and picks a fight with the patron saint of the Democrat party.

It's about time someone said it. Bill Clinton is the definition of everything that makes a Democrat a Democrat. One set of rules for you, one set for me. Hillary is no different from Bill; this is a point that time has made abundantly clear. I say, bravo, Rand. $#@!in-a.

BRAVO
    Not many stare into the abyss and then smile back. And that's Rand Paul in this instance. Unpredictability breeds fear in your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I don't think many people know what Rand is pitted against. These 'people' don't fear anything but the projection of strength. It's like two alpha males that randomly run into each other in a jungle clearing. They are both going to do all in their power to visually intimidate each other before they finally battle. Rand is essentially warning the Clintons that he's not going to back down after they send their media minions after him.
    ...and it is in that arena, and very soon, that we will begin to see the "repercussions" of Rand's action. Also, it will be vindication for Rand, as the Clinton political machine always makes clear who it deems to be a threat.
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Damn, I'm not sure I like this strategy. He's gonna piss off a lot of independents who have a positive opinion of Bill. Not sure what can be gained from bringing up such an old story.

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    Perhaps the tactic here is to show--and I mean really show--that he is willing to actually fight. And his real audience is big donors who, for once, see that Rand Paul is the real deal and perhaps the last chance for the republic?
    Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Even when it was fresh, none of this did anything to seriously damage the people Clinton supported or endorsed.

I have no idea why anyone imagines that it will be any different now that it's 15+ years stale ...
    You raise an interesting question, and I will propose an answer: social media, and the internet.

Back when this stuff was fresh, really the only one getting the word out was <shudder> Rush Limbaugh. Sure, there were the local drive time talkers, but was there even a FNC then? The DNC had a lock on all media in the 90s; print, tv, and radio. TIME and Newsweek were still "viable" news sources. Just because most of us here at RPF were internet-connected then, we don't represent the overwhelming majority of 'Murricans. Then, as now, most 'Murricans were more concerned with beer and NASCAR.

Now, their favorite beer and driver have a Facebook page, and a twitter.

If the political $#@! were to meet the fan, say, another Bill Clinton-esque scandal...oh, wait, I just remembered...Fast and Furious, Snowden, Solyndra, PRISM, and all the rest...

Nevermind. You're right. We're $#@!ed. Sorry. I thought I could answer your question, but I obviously cannot. One would certainly think that in this more connected world, word would spread, but as to whether or not anyone would give a $#@!, which is really the point you raise...I don't know, Occum. I sure wish they would.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RPF is pretty mixed about the whole thing, it would seem. Good move, bad move, old story, bad for hillary, yada yada yada

Well one thing is for sure.... it's a gamble. Let's see if it pays off.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Another thing is that it makes conservatives say "Yeah! Go, Rand!". See here, for example: http://hotair.com/headlines/archives...-bill-clinton/

Chinagate

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Wasn't that whole ordeal just a coverup for what was really important at the time?

As I recall, there was the Chinagate scandal that never saw the light of day. That was when China was funneling campaign contributions to the Clinton campaign in exchange for military secrets.

As you can see, they are pretty touchy about it.

The following video is long but explains a lot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    Damn, I'm not sure I like this strategy. He's gonna piss off a lot of independents who have a positive opinion of Bill. Not sure what can be gained from bringing up such an old story.
    ...denuding the truth about the Clintons? It hurts Hillary, too, as she didn't divorce the sonufabitch. One key to defeating Hillary in 2016 would be to remind the public of all that baggage that the Clintons brought to the White House, and coming up with a good counterargument against the whole, "...but the economy was sooo good in the 90s! Let's bring that back," crap. A method that doesn't require the public to learn even the slightest bit about the economy...perhaps an END THE FED plank??

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    One would certainly think that in this more connected world, word would spread, but as to whether or not anyone would give a $#@!, which is really the point you raise...I don't know, Occum. I sure wish they would.
    I wish they would, too. But I just don't see it happening. At best, it will only serve as red meat for people who already hate the Clintons. I doubt it will carry much weight with independents and others who are indifferent to Slick Willie's philandery - in fact, it may even turn them off.

So would this (dubious) "upside" be worth the "downside?" I don't think so. If Rand deploys this "guilt by association" tactic, he opens himself wide to the tables being turned - by being hammered for his association with his "quixotic racist kook" of a father. Of course, his enemies may very well resort to that tack regardless of what Rand does. But if he plays the "guilt by association" card himself, he'll lose sympathy - not to mention the moral high ground - with the aforementioned independents and fence-sitters. I just don't see the "payoff" (if there even is any) being worth it ...

This all may just be a tactic in the run-up to the 2014 elections. If so, he might be able to get away with it. But it would be wise not to push it any further than that.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-07-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Rand will be attacked mercilessly regardless of what he says or doesn't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast