Thread: Ron Paul needs to create a salad dressing or something

Ron Paul needs to create a salad dressing or something

I'm serious.

You've probably heard of Newman's Own, a salad dressing company created by actor Paul Newman.

All after tax profits go to charity. Since 1982, over $370 million has gone to charity. That's an average of $11 million a year.

Now imagine if there was a company which did the same thing, except all profits would go towards a PAC supporting liberty candidates. Or perhaps better called Constitutional Conservatives. That would appeal to a lot more people. I'm not suggesting it would yield $11 million a year, but there is no reason (right now) that it couldn't generate a ton of revenue.

It would have to be a product targeted for conservatives. Guns, wood stoves, camping gear, etc. come to mind. Perhaps it would be better to start with outdoor and/or political clothing. How about CC Clothing as a name? Ron Paul couldn't be in the name, as many conservatives don't like him.

When people donate, they usually don't receive anything physical in return, so most politically minded people don't even donate. But if someone is shopping, being able to help out their cause might be a bonus which puts that product over the top.

I remember when Doug Wead, Israel Anderson, and some others were promoting a multilevel marketing scheme in which Paul supporters would supposedly get rich first and then donate to liberty candidates. Yeah, I don't think that got off the ground for a number of reasons, not the least being it resembled a pyramid scheme and depended on people to make their own donations.

I think this idea could get off the ground, but the products would also have to be sell themselves too.

There would need to be a board of directors with Constitutional Conservatives from many different groups who all share common viewpoints and goals. Celebrities would need to get involved as well to market the brand.

Feel free to brainstorm. This idea would only happen if one of the multiple people on the forum with connections to Ron shared it to him, and then Ron would have to be fully committed to it. I think it would be worth it, as it would theoretically be a long-term fund generator. Just think of all Liberty Fund has done for libertarian academia.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think Ron would have to be on board with idea in order for it to take off - but perhaps I'm not understanding your vision for it.

But, truthfully speaking, libertarian types (unless already wealthy ... but even then ...) love a profit. I don't mean that as a diss. So a project like this - donating 100% of after tax profits, would probably have to have comfortable salaries built into it.

The product?
    I'm thinking guns are the way to go. But thats what I have the most experience in making money in (not as my professional living, but I'm apparently gifted at trading and selling firearms ...)

truthfully I think firearms are probably not a great thing to focus on. Something media related perhaps (tv/movie shows, radio shows (adventure/story radio) etc.) might be a good continuing and educational source of revenue.

My $.02 isn't worth much on this topic sadly.

He should create a chocolate bar with nuts attached to it. Kind of like the liberty movement and the conspiracy nuts that get attached to it.

I know exactly what Ron Paul should do !!!!!!! And this will not avoid attention.

Being a physician, Ron Paul should sponsor a website and phone in program for questions about food that is safe ..... NON GMO FOOD !!!!

I myself, found out yesterday that the bread used by Subway (endorsed by Michelle Obama as kid safe), is constructed using a form of plastic so it doesn't get soggy and holds up better long term. This product has been outlawed in every country throughout the world.... except for the USA ... the USA reaps all the garbage Monsanto can throw at us, and the U.S. gets all the rejects no other country (even communist red china), won't allow their people to eat.

Ron Paul's "Say No To GMO" hotline !!!!! I rarely buy processed foods, but sometimes if I have a coupon for a box of Cheerios and the box will end up free; I am tempted to buy it but not sure if GMO poison or not. How great would it be if I could log on to Dr. Paul's site and look up the product to see GMO yes, or no .... Obviously "Yes", I'm passing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I know exactly what Ron Paul should do !!!!!!! And this will not avoid attention.

Being a physician, Ron Paul should sponsor a website and phone in program for questions about food that is safe ..... NON GMO FOOD !!!!

I myself, found out yesterday that the bread used by Subway (endorsed by Michelle Obama as kid safe), is constructed using a form of plastic so it doesn't get soggy and holds up better long term. This product has been outlawed in every country throughout the world.... except for the USA ... the USA reaps all the garbage Monsanto can throw at us, and the U.S. gets all the rejects no other country (even communist red china), won't allow their people to eat.

Ron Paul's "Say No To GMO" hotline !!!!! I rarely buy processed foods, but sometimes if I have a coupon for a box of Cheerios and the box will end up free; I am tempted to buy it but not sure if GMO poison or not. How great would it be if I could log on to Dr. Paul's site and look up the product to see GMO yes, or no .... Obviously "Yes", I'm passing on it.
    Is Ron Paul against GMOs? And not sure he is qualified in that area.

as many conservatives don't like him.
    Some "conservatives" they are
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Is Ron Paul against GMOs? And not sure he is qualified in that area.
    I feel sure he is ... I can't imagine any physician approving of plastic being passed off as food. Seriously, if the Feds refuse to label food as GMO's; they know how bad it is ... Certainly if the Feds know it, a physician knows it. Many food manufacturers want to mark their product as "NON GMO" , and the Feds won't allow it. Right now, it's a "bet your life" game, whether you are eating gmo's or not.

I think this is a fabulous issue, that will strike at the hearts of anyone with 1/4th of a brain; that wants their family to eat food; and not plastic or make believe food. I know it's a major concern in my household, and I need a Doctor lolol ..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    they say they are taking it out

Subway, one of the world's biggest bread bakers, is about to remove a chemical from its breads that raised the ire of an influential health activist and food blogger.

The world's biggest sandwich chain says it's in the process of removing the chemical known as Azodiacarbonamide from its sandwich breads -- a chemical that Vani Hari, who runs the site FoodBabe.com, says is commonly used to increase elasticity in everything from yoga mats to shoe rubber to synthetic leather. It's used for the same reason in bread, she says, as a dough conditioner.

"We are already in the process of removing Azodiacarbonamide as part of our bread improvement efforts despite the fact that it is USDA and FDA approved ingredient," the company says in a statement. "The complete conversion to have this product out of the bread will be done soon."

Fresh baked bread -- and the perception of better-for you offerings --is a major deal to Subway. It's one of the chain's central selling points. Just last week, Michelle Obama sat and ate lunch before hosting a press conference at a Subway in Washington D.C. to commend the chain for joining her healthy eating initiative -- pledging nutritious foods on its kids menu.

Food safety and health concerns have become a priority with American consumers who are pressuring the nation's biggest brands to respond. Early last month, General Mills bent to consumer pressure and received positive press after it announced that was removing GMOs from regular Cheerios.

Subway's announcement follows a petition that Hari, the activist, recently launched that asked Subway to stop using Azodiacarbonamide in its bread. The ingredient is banned in the UK, Europe and Australia, notes Hari, who says that she is thrilled with Subway's actions.

"I commend Subway for finally responding to me and now over 58,000 concerned citizens. Their swift action is a testament to what power petitions and individuals can have," says Hari, in an email. " I'd like to note that current Subway sandwiches still have this ingredient, and I urge everyone not to eat their sandwich bread until they have finally removed the chemical."

Politics ≠ charity. How $#@!ed up is it that Newman had to pay a cut to federales?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/01/he...d%253Dall&_r=0

Not that I'm hyping the New York Times, but there must be an explanation as to why our kids lead the world in Attention Deficit Disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    they say they are taking it out
    You don't get it !!! Why does public demand have to make them take it out? And who else has the chit, that are not taking it out? And what exactly are we eating? What does the government, NOT want you to know about your food; in order to vote against GMO labeling?

Freedom earplugs. Because the everyday drone of it is just too much to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    He should create a chocolate bar with nuts attached to it. Kind of like the liberty movement and the conspiracy nuts that get attached to it.
    That was already done. No nuts though.
    http://www.ronpaulbar.com

If such a candy bar -- with nuts -- was added, I would suggest that the nuts represent the people in the liberty movement who trust the government's version of events. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    That was already done. No nuts though.
    http://www.ronpaulbar.com

If such a candy bar -- with nuts -- was added, I would suggest that the nuts represent the people in the liberty movement who trust the government's version of events. But that's just me.

I thought his comment was funny, but maybe there's truth to both sides. The people that think the terrorists attacked us for our freedom are just gullible. But there are some conspiracies that are ludicrous as well.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I thought his comment was funny, but maybe there's truth to both sides. The people that think the terrorists attacked us for our freedom are just gullible. But there are some conspiracies that are ludicrous as well.
    I will take people who are absolutely cynical about every big news story to those who believe every god damn thing the media portrays.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I will take people who are absolutely cynical about every big news story to those who believe every god damn thing the media portrays.
    I agree.

Well Subway is in the news today, because the bread they have been serving you is made from the same chemical compound that yoga mats are made out of.. It makes the bread hit up faster ... Now, that chit was outlawed in every country except the United States. The U.S. is the cesspool of the world, and only the United States Food and Drug Admin. thinks it's ok for your children to eat yoga mats for lunch.
    Last edited by Dianne; 02-06-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Is there no middle ground? Sure, question things, but when it snows do you really have to question whether it really is snow?