Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 1,891 to 1,904 of 1904

Thread: What are you watching?

The Expanse is the most compulsively watchable series I've ever seen - even more so than Game of Thrones. Almost every episode of The Expanse left me wanting to watch the next one right away - and unlike GoT, there is almost no "fat" or "filler" in any of the episodes. Even the (relatively) "slower" episodes build the characters and plot in ways that pay off really well. Some people say it didn't really "click" with them until around the fourth episode of the first season, but it grabbed me pretty much right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I thought it was canceled. I love The Expanse.

I’m gonna have to put off watching Sherlock Holmes for the 100th time and rewatch last season. I vaguely remember what happened in the rings and I want it fresh.
    Have you seen season 4 yet? It was released in December 2019. That was the first season Amazon released after the Syfy channel cancelled it. (It only took Amazon 15 days to pick it up after its cancellation at Syfy was announced.)

And for those that might be wondering why Syfy cancelled the show if it's so good, it's because Syfy didn't actually produce the show. A production company called Alcon actually owns the show, and Syfy only had the "first run" rights to it. It performed decently enough in the ratings compared to other Syfy shows, though it needed better promotion (hardly anyone knew it existed and its audience was built mostly by "word of mouth"). But it was quite expensive due to its high production values, and Syfy could only recoup its investment from the first airings of each episode. So Syfy decided that it would be more cost-effective to go with cheaper programs (like "reality TV" type fare). With Amazon, the show now has more money and even higher production quality (which was already remarkably good).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-16-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: it --> its

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Expanse is the most compulsively watchable series I've ever seen - even more so than Game of Thrones. Almost every episode of The Expanse left me wanting to watch the next one right away - and unlike GoT, there is almost no "fat" or "filler" in any of the episodes. Even the (relatively) "slower" episodes build the characters and plot in ways that pay off really well. Some people say it didn't really "click" with them until around the fourth episode of the first season, but it grabbed me pretty much right from the start.

Have you seen season 4 yet? It was released in December 2019. That was the first season Amazon released after the Syfy channel cancelled it. (It only took Amazon 15 days to pick it up after its cancellation at Syfy was announced.)

And for those that might be wondering why Syfy cancelled the show if it's so good, it's because Syfy didn't actually produce the show. A production company called Alcon actually owns the show, and Syfy only had the "first run" rights to it. It performed decently enough in the ratings compared to other Syfy shows, though it needed better promotion (hardly anyone knew it existed and its audience was built mostly by "word of mouth"). But it was quite expensive due to its high production valuend Syfy could only recoup it investment from the first airings of each episode. So Syfy decided that it would be more cost-effective to go with cheaper programs (like "reality TV" type fare). With Amazon, the show now has more money and even higher production quality (which was already remarkably good).

I agree. All the episodes are exciting.

I did but it’s been awhile and only vaguely remember where it left off. I thought Amazon canceled it, too but maybe I clicked on an old article when I was trying to find out about season 5.

Like OB said, it is a very well done show and I haven’t come across anything I found sci-fi cheesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A perfect example of predictive programming. The plot twist of this movie will probably be that all the deaths were inflated and faked by the government.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Prison Break 3rd Season.
    One of the best TV Series ever.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Ozarks

I hated the ending. I wanted Wendy (that bitch) to die and Ruth to live. I actually wanted Ruth to be the only one left standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Calvin Coolidge

I just ran into "The Anarchists" on HBO/Max. Shows Ron Paul several times. Anyone else seen it?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364