Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Awkward situations:

I think "princess" might be running a scam.
    Oh I totally do, I told my husband that last season when she told him she was pregnant right away. I think she's a set up by Jarl Borg. Lageartha & Siggy eluded to that(her being a scam) when she showed up, full term no less...Ragnar's reaction to the Princess showing up was priceless, lol. Rollo was a frickin' monster during that battle scene - I'm glad Floki survived, I was pretty bummed - thought he was dead for a minute there.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm glad Floki survived, I was pretty bummed - thought he was dead for a minute there.
    Same here. Floki is my favorite character.

I was like, "Oh, no, No, NO! Those bastard script-writers did NOT just kill off Floki, did they?" ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Oh I totally do, I told my husband that last season when she told him she was pregnant right away. I think she's a set up by Jarl Borg. Lageartha & Siggy eluded to that(her being a scam) when she showed up, full term no less...Ragnar's reaction to the Princess showing up was priceless, lol. Rollo was a frickin' monster during that battle scene - I'm glad Floki survived, I was pretty bummed - thought he was dead for a minute there.
    If Floki dies they would be screwed, because he knows how to build the ships that can make it to Northumbria. There are still only a couple people who know how Ragnar is able to navigate them. In this show, knowledge literally is power.

I think Ragnar has been questioning his faith since he discovered there are people of other faiths. He leveraged it to keep Rollo from getting lynched.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-01-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I was like, "Oh, no, No, NO! Those bastard script-writers did NOT just kill off Floki, did they?" ...
    Floki is the best.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Floki is one of my favorites too...last season when they needed a sacrifice he started to get up and I was like Noooooooooooooo, luckily his wife stopped him. I also like the Priest...I don't think I noticed him in this episode...hmmm, maybe I'll have to re-watch it.
    I hope Rollo can make amends with everyone and grow up, his brother complex is getting tiresome.

Floki is one of my favorites too...last season when they needed a sacrifice he started to get up and I was like Noooooooooooooo, luckily his wife stopped him. I also like the Priest...I don't think I noticed him in this episode...hmmm, maybe I'll have to re-watch it.
    I hope Rollo can make amends with everyone and grow up, his brother complex is getting tiresome.

He is in the first scene for a few seconds after they come back from the battle:

If Floki dies they would be screwed, because he knows how to build the ships that can make it to Northumbria. There are still only a couple people who know how Ragnar is able to navigate them. In this show, knowledge literally is power.

I think Ragnar has been questioning his faith since he discovered there are people of other faiths. He leveraged it to keep Rollo from getting lynched.
    I forgot about Floki being the shipbuilder. I think you're right about Ragnar questioning his faith...I didn't even notice the Priest, I like the way he's (kind of) become part of the family. I wonder if he'll stay with Ragnar and the Princess or end up with Lageartha and the boy. Netflix has me so spoiled, I hate waiting a week between episodes.

Wading in......I quit watching Showtime about the 4th time they cancelled a show mid-run. I can't think of the name of the one that pissed me off the most - it was a Sci-Fi show, and ended in a ciffhanger ending.

Hearing that they just decided to clip a show that was already only scheduled for one more season makes me mad all over again.

I just discovered True Detective and spent the weekend immersing myself in all of it, and haven't even bothered to head out to the internet to see what everybody thinks yet. I don't think Rust is the killer. I don't think Walt is the killer either. He's just a jerk.

I think it's interesting how the two guys are kind of exact opposites of each other. Walt is a family guy who wants the freedom of a single guy (to phrase it delicately), while Rust is single and seems to crave the family life, although he doesn't seem willing to let himself take that risk again. But he was terrified by the thought of walking into Walt's house, and grudgingly admitted that he kind of liked it...to the point where Walk had to take him to take a big step back when he found out Rust mowed the lawn.

Do we know for sure that Cohle didn't accidentally kill his own child? I need to find that scene and watch it again. I seem to recall he kind of tapered off at the end of that conversation.

I have no Earthly idea who the killer is. It's pretty obvious that it's tied to the religious school stuff, but who is even left? The preacher is too obvious, and neither him nor Tuttle was a giant man with facial scars.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    I didn't know they made 4 additional seasons of Dexter. You know what's weird? I'm starting to imagine what those 4 seasons might be like...

I held off watching that show for the longest time, thinking it must be a pile of poop. Finally I relented and gave it a chance and devoured it in short order with no regrets. The only possible pile of poop was its ending.

Oscars tonight, Oscar Pistorius tomorrow.

Vikings season premier tonight, History Channel, 10pm ....Yay!
    Excellent! I got it queued up.

edit, but first I need to watch a season 1 recap.

Last edited by green73; 03-02-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I held off watching that show for the longest time, thinking it must be a pile of poop. Finally I relented and gave it a chance and devoured it in short order with no regrets. The only possible pile of poop was its ending.
    These are my ratings for each season (1 to 5):

S1=5
    S2=4 1/2
    S3=3 1/2
    S4=10
    S5=3
    S6=3
    S7=3 1/2
    S8=$#@! you
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent! I got it queued up.

edit, but first I need to watch a season 1 recap.
    They usually show last weeks episode a couple of times during the week, if you poke around you'll probably find it.

They usually show last weeks episode a couple of times during the week, if you poke around you'll probably find it.
    I do almost all my TV watching on the net, cept for having the 'news' on.

Anybody got a good feed for the Oscars?

I do almost all my TV watching on the net, cept for having the 'news' on.
    Don't watch a recap, it's a great episode...you can watch it here

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings...1-brothers-war

Don't watch a recap, it's a great episode...you can watch it here

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings...1-brothers-war
    Excellent! Thanks for that. That's probably better quality than the one I was going to watch.

The recap I was talking about was of the entire first season

Excellent! Thanks for that. That's probably better quality than the one I was going to watch.

The recap I was talking about was of the entire first season
    Oh...Well it's all on history.com too

These are my ratings for each season (1 to 5):

S1=5
    S2=4 1/2
    S3=3 1/2
    S4=10
    S5=3
    S6=3
    S7=3 1/2
    S8=$#@! you
    By #6 they were ready to be done with it. #7 and #8 you can tell they made those shows because they had to. After I read some interviews with the producers about what they were trying to do with it, I wasn't as pissed about the ending. It still sucked, but maybe with 2 hours they could have pulled it off.

By #6 they were ready to be done with it. #7 and #8 you can tell they made those shows because they had to. After I read some interviews with the producers about what they were trying to do with it, I wasn't as pissed about the ending. It still sucked, but maybe with 2 hours they could have pulled it off.
    Why in the hell did they start 6 months after LaGuerta's death? The season should have started max a week from that. The whole Vogel crap was just crap. Joey and sister Batista was unnecessary. New black lady cop was unnecessary, she didn't even really matter. Debra had so much potential and they $#@!ed it up. All of Dexter's "victims" were awful, I felt like Dexter was doing them a favor by killing them over how bad they were used. OMG, the kid was just annoying, and he was equally annoying in Homeland. Where was an "Arthur Mitchell" for the last season? And of all the ways they could have killed Debra they picked the most $#@!ty one. What did they give us? Lumberjack Dexter.

"let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why in the hell did they start 6 months after LaGuerta's death? The season should have started max a week from that. The whole Vogel crap was just crap. Joey and sister Batista was unnecessary. New black lady cop was unnecessary, she didn't even really matter. Debra had so much potential and they $#@!ed it up. All of Dexter's "victims" were awful, I felt like Dexter was doing them a favor by killing them over how bad they were used. OMG, the kid was just annoying, and he was equally annoying in Homeland. Where was an "Arthur Mitchell" for the last season? And of all the ways they could have killed Debra they picked the most $#@!ty one. What did they give us? Lumberjack Dexter.

The kid reminded me of Eduardo for some reason...

The kid reminded me of Eduardo for some reason...
    I just remembered that the only redeeming quality for the entire season was that Masuka made a hot daughter. Oh yeah, and the whole Hannah McKay thing had no real usefulness. A $#@!ing baby sitter? Really?

I was so mad about paying Showtime instead of streaming it that I was going to leave a bad review on Amazon. I'm done with my rant.

I just finished Season 1 of Game of Thrones. Great show.

Wanted : Dead Or Alive and The Rebel.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Not to mention he left Harrison with that sociopath Hannah instead of his grandparents and siblings. That kid would be dead by the age of 14.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Not to mention he left Harrison with that sociopath Hannah instead of his grandparents and siblings. That kid would be dead by the age of 14.
    You know what? Dexter did more good for society than any of those corrupt cops and politicians on the show. BTW, I still want to punch season 8 in the face.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Glad he lived too. My speed reading/missing-spoilers eyes had me thinking he was done for. Phew.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I personally find Ragnar's wife much more a woman, but you can't ever turn down a princess can you? These silly monogamous notions...

I'm enjoying Black Sails so far ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1X-1OY4yqw

It's a semi-historical "prequel" to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6meBOwG_YI

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast