Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Seriously JK, stop trolling this thread with teh ghey.
    you asked for it.

re-read your thread title.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That is the guy they frame?

From the story he was telling, this is the first real suspect in their case.

Johnny Carson: The King of Late Night.

Hmmm. 8.3 on IMDB but from less than 5k voters. It looks good. Since it has the Lucille seal of approval I'll put it on the list.

Have you seen the Swedish show, The Bridge? There's been a couple knockoffs, a British one called The Tunnel (The Chunnel) and a US one by the same name. But the Swedish one is supposedly the best. My friend absolutely loves it. I watch the first episode and was 'meh'. I probably should have given it more of a go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/
    On your friend's recommendation, I'm going to check it out! I saw a few eps of the US version, and that was it for me.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    On your friend's recommendation, I'm going to check it out! I saw a few eps of the US version, and that was it for me.
    Let me know if 'it sticks' and I'll take it up again.

I've seen the third episode of TD now. Woody really is a $#@!.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I just went through all 7 seasons of The Shield recently. Excellent show. Some incredible acting performances in that, especially towards the end.

Currently watching Archer. Waiting on House of Cards and season 4 of Game of Thrones which I know will be incredible since I listened to all the audiobooks. "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"
    Last edited by COpatriot; 02-09-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

I'm watching season 6 of Dexter right now. 2 more to go after this one.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

House of Cards, about nine episodes in.

It is ever better in the second season. What's most remarkable is that it's a big hit in DC, the sick $#@!s.

watching the Superbowl for the 7th time...

good game.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    watching the Superbowl for the 7th time...

good game.
    I re-watched the Packers last time they won because I blacked out from being too drunk. Everybody says that I was coherent and really happy when they won, but when I woke up the next day I couldn't remember anything from the second half. Thankfully I had it DVR'd. I got to truly enjoy them winning it twice! Don't tell anybody about this. It's not one of my finer moments.

The Borgias - Showtime series, currently on Netflix (29 episodes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZ9CHtImDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItLou92CsEM

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-18-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Good show! So sad that Showtime cancelled it a season early. Dicks.

I didn't know they cancelled The Borgias! Bastards.

And Showtime cancels The Borgias in 5, 4, 3...
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rgias-in-5-4-3

Still getting caught up on True Detective, but I am keeping up with what's going on. This has already aired:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/x-b...robably-wrong/
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

And Showtime cancels The Borgias in 5, 4, 3...
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rgias-in-5-4-3
    I forgot about that. Nice call!

Still getting caught up on True Detective, but I am keeping up with what's going on. This has already aired:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/x-b...robably-wrong/
    Very interesting!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I figured the series must have been very expensive to produce. That appears to be why Showtime cancelled it.

But there was just one more season of the story left to go. Damn, damn, damn! (Well. At least the Catherina Sforza plotline was more or less resolved. I wonder if they had any forewarning of the cancellation before the 3rd season ended production?)

One of the reasons I like compelling historical series like The Borgias is that they lead me to check out particular details of history with which I would not otherwise have become familiar.

Check out this list for some interesting differences between The Borgias & actual history:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bor...storical_notes

I had noticed the discrepancy with the music at Rodrigo Borgias' coronation as Pope. (I was like, "Hey! What the hell? That sounds like Handel!")
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-21-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Speaking of another historical series I really enjoyed, check out The Pillars of the Earth.
    (It even has a delightful little "free market" "easter egg" in a minor sub-plot.)

It's an 8-episode mini-series set in 12th-century England. It is based on the novel by Ken Follett.

There's an 8-episode sequel called World Without End (set 200 years after Pillars).

I haven't watched the sequel yet. I'll probably do that next, come to think of it.

Both are available via Netflix - occasionally via streaming.
    (It looks like World is currently streaming, but Pillars is not.)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-21-2014 at 02:18 PM.

I forgot about that. Nice call!

Very interesting!
    The drawing above it too. Is that the king in yellow?

That book has been selling like hotcakes on amazon. It's at number 9 today.

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-refe...ate-1523076497

Two episodes into the series, True Detective dropped a reference to one of the strangest, most compelling tales in the canon of weird fiction: Robert W. Chambers' The King in Yellow, a collection of short stories published in 1895. Knowing this book is key to understanding the dark mystery at the heart of this series.

This collection of stories has influenced writers from H.P. Lovecraft and Raymond Chandler, to Robert Heinlein, Grant Morrison, Neil Gaiman and George R. R. Martin. The King in Yellow and his legendary city of Carcosa may be the most famous character and setting you've never heard of.
    http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2014...tive-carcosa/#
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-23-2014 at 01:43 AM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Speaking of another historical series I really enjoyed, check out The Pillars of the Earth.
    (It even has a delightful little "free market" "easter egg" in a minor sub-plot.)

It's an 8-episode mini-series set in 12th-century England. It is based on the novel by Ken Follett.

There's an 8-episode sequel called World Without End (set 200 years after Pillars).

I haven't watched the sequel yet. I'll probably do that next, come to think of it.

Both are available via Netflix - occasionally via streaming.
    (It looks like World is currently streaming, but Pillars is not.)
    I really enjoyed those shows. The Tudors was pretty good (on streaming Netflix) and I liked the HBO series Rome (it's on Netflix DVD).

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I really enjoyed those shows. The Tudors was pretty good (on streaming Netflix) and I liked the HBO series Rome (it's on Netflix DVD).
    I enjoyed both those as well!

Finished House of cards, Borgias, and Game of thrones, ill slowly work my way through Board Walk Empire now.

I enjoyed both those as well!
    Have you checked out Vikings on the History Channel? It's really good, the first season isn't on Netflix but it's on Amazon Prime - the second season starts Feb 27th.

It looks like season 1's available here for free...

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings...tes-of-passage

Have you checked out Vikings on the History Channel? It's really good, the first season isn't on Netflix but it's on Amazon Prime - the second season starts Feb 27th.

It looks like season 1's available here for free...

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings...tes-of-passage
    Yes, I quite enjoyed that one too! Looking forward to the next season.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Finished House of cards, Borgias, and Game of thrones, ill slowly work my way through Board Walk Empire now.
    BE is one of my favorite shows.

Vikings season premier tonight, History Channel, 10pm ....Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    I'm watching season 6 of Dexter right now. 2 more to go after this one.
    I didn't know they made 4 additional seasons of Dexter. You know what's weird? I'm starting to imagine what those 4 seasons might be like...

Well, I recently finished watching all 214 episodes+2 movies of Stargate SG1. I am now watching Stargate Atlantis and American Horror Story.

List queue:

House of card(I need to see S2)

True detectives 7 episodes to go(first episode didn't make me want to keep watching)

Grimm season 3 last few episodes

The Walking Dead S4

And a few more, but I usually only watch one show at a time if it has a lot of episodes like SG1
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Vikings season premier tonight, History Channel, 10pm ....Yay!
    Awkward situations:

I think "princess" might be running a scam.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-01-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast