Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was watching this just because I was cleaning out my bookmarks...

The Great Barrier Reef , Animal planet.... with the sound turned down.

Great show! My brother thinks MM is chewing the scenery, but I think he's good. Rust is sure as hell more sympathetic than Martin. And Martin's girlfriend? The perfect 10? LOL What does she see in him? She is way too good for him, so I have really to suspend my disbelief. I did notice is the present day, he's not wearing his wedding ring, so it looks like his wife got fed up with his bull$#@!. He obviously brings his work home, since his daughters set up quite the gizzly scene with the naked Barbie doll splayed out on the foor, and the Kens and GI Joes surrounding her. I do love how he reacts to some of Rust's musings. "...faded memory of a town..." LOL

The underage hooker at the hillbilly bunny ranch is also too pretty to be a whore, but I think she might not be a whore, and is being protected from or saved for the yellow king.

For awhile I thought Martin might be the killer, but he's just not that deep. He's one POS cop. No need to suspend disbelief there!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Who's watching The Returned (Les Revenants)? I love it.

I saw the previews for the US version, which looks totally lame:

We took The Walking Dead off the schedule and deleted every ep. we had. We are so over Rick's fickle ways, and all the gore. The zombies in The Returned are much more interesting.
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-05-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Great show! My brother thinks MM is chewing the scenery, but I think he's good. Rust is sure as hell more sympathetic than Martin. And Martin's girlfriend? The perfect 10? LOL What does she see in him? She is way too good for him, so I have really to suspend my disbelief. I did notice is the present day, he's not wearing his wedding ring, so it looks like his wife got fed up with his bull$#@!. He obviously brings his work home, since his daughters set up quite the gizzly scene with the naked Barbie doll splayed out on the foor, and the Kens and GI Joes surrounding her. I do love how he reacts to some of Rust's musings. "...faded memory of a town..." LOL

The underage hooker at the hillbilly bunny ranch is also too pretty to be a whore, but I think she might not be a whore, and is being protected from or saved for the yellow king.

For awhile I thought Martin might be the killer, but he's just not that deep. He's one POS cop. No need to suspend disbelief there!
    I've only watched the first episode so am limited as to what I can say, but I think MM and his character are brilliant.He makes the show. Woody's character has me laughing as well! I think it's believable that he has that wife because he played college football. Good catch on the ring. I missed that.

There I go again! I hope I didn't spoil too much for you.

The reactions on TWoP to Alexandra Daddario naked had me LOLing. The chicks were so threatened. The guys are all, "YOWSA," and the chicks are all, "Gratuitous, and fake boobs!" They look real to me! Bags of silicon don't bounce like that.

I like that the series is an anthology. I'll miss both actors next season, but the way the ADD suits cancel shows, short stories are best! At least we can count on a conclusion rather than stories being cut off at knees as they so often are.
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-05-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

The reactions on TWoP to Alexandra Daddario naked had me LOLing. The chicks were so threatened. The guys are all, "YOWSA," and the chicks are all, "Gratuitous, and fake boobs!" They look real to me! Bags of silicon don't bounce like that.

I like that the series is an anthology. I'll miss both actors next season, but the way the ADD suits cancel shows, short stories are best! At least we can count on a conclusion rather than stories being cut off at knees as they so often are.
    Oh, that's a bummer, the anthology business, only in so much as those two won't be back. I didn't know that but I suppose it makes sense. You can't have a multi seasonal show about one case! I wonder who they'll have next year.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No word yet! It's been renewed already though, and the story's being written.

This season is only 8 episodes! I wonder if it will always only be 8 eps.
    --Albert J. Nock

Who's watching The Returned (Les Revenants)? I love it.
    Hmmm. 8.3 on IMDB but from less than 5k voters. It looks good. Since it has the Lucille seal of approval I'll put it on the list.

Have you seen the Swedish show, The Bridge? There's been a couple knockoffs, a British one called The Tunnel (The Chunnel) and a US one by the same name. But the Swedish one is supposedly the best. My friend absolutely loves it. I watch the first episode and was 'meh'. I probably should have given it more of a go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/

Dexter on Netflix Streaming.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Dexter on Netflix Streaming.
    Good show!

Just started game of thrones waiting for the walking dead to return.

Some lady on the 9th floor.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Archer and Wilfred - on Netflix

waiting for The Walking Dead

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The small rises and falls of BTC on BitcoinWisdom
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Nothing says Freedom like outlawing everything
    I make videos at my YouTube channel. Home of my aquaponics diary. Feel free to subscribe, thumbs up, comment or leave nasty messages, I love them all.

Yeah, I bitcoin! And I love donations!! 1Fs2JaaWVhp69yvUxuTnofomowejZLuMru

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Just started game of thrones waiting for the walking dead to return.
    You're in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Some lady on the 9th floor.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Great Barrier Reef , Animal planet.... with the sound turned down.
    You're on a yacht with a satellite dish?

DVR'd the SEAHAWK PARADE. Watching it again...

That was episode two! which I just watched. I see now what you meant about 'his girlfriend'. I can see why some would say that scene was gratuitous. But, hey, the more realism the better, I say, even if it doesn't necessarily further the story. Oh, and they are absolutely real.

I didn't at all like when Rust beat one of those mechanics to get information. The writer, producer, or whoever came up with that really did a disservice to the character. That was gratuitous.

I like Martin's wife. I like even more how that dynamic plays out. Good writing and really well executed, especially by Woody. His acting is top notch in this.

Back to Rust. I think it's pretty obvious that they suspect him of of doing it. I suspect he knows it too.

"Mainlining the secret truth to the universe." Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    DVR'd the SEAHAWK PARADE. Watching it again...
    You definitely got teh ghey.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    You definitely got teh ghey.
    explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    explain please.

Seriously JK, stop trolling this thread with teh ghey.

I'm waiting for The Walking Dead and House of Cards to return.

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast