Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    My instincts about Hannibal that I alluded to in my previous post were correct... the season 2 finale might be the best episode of any TV show I've seen. Now I have to wait until 2015 to continue getting my fix... damn.
    That episode was imdb 10 for a while. The only other TV episode to have a perfect 10 is one of the last Breaking Bad episodes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    American Pickers .

Orange is the New Black

I love Crazy Eyes.

This is the one where portions of the film were shot once a year over a 12 year period- all with the same cast members. Some people aren't going to like it, there are a lot of time jumps, and sometimes you have to work out for yourself what has happened during the missing time. I think people were also looking for something extraordinary to happen, and get annoyed when it doesn't.

Most people are liking it. Will definitely get nominated for Best Director and some of the technical categories, like Production Design.

I watched World War Z last night. I don't recommended it, it was an hour and a half infomercial for the UN and WHO.

Adapted from the books:

Not bad so far, for a period series. Sometimes they speak Gaelic, or thick Scottish. Lead actress is good and they do a good job with her costumes:
    http://terrydresbach.com/2014/08/17/getting-dressed/

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I watched World War Z last night. I don't recommended it, it was an hour and a half infomercial for the UN and WHO.
    Lol, I watched like 15mins of it on netflix and knew it wasn't something I would have liked. If you want to see an even bigger UN, WHO commercial? you should watch contagion. I actually haven't seen it but I'll bet the family farm that it is 10 folds worse than World War Z in that regards just from watching previews and the stars in it.

Neflix movies have been somewhat of a disappointment, there are very few classics and almost no new blockbusters. So right now, I am watching Malcolm in the middle and when that is done, i will try to find out for myself why Orange is the New black has so much buzz behind it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Lol, I watched like 15mins of it on netflix and knew it wasn't something I would have liked. If you want to see an even bigger UN, WHO commercial? you should watch contagion. I actually haven't seen it but I'll bet the family farm that it is 10 folds worse than World War Z in that regards just from watching previews and the stars in it.

Neflix movies have been somewhat of a disappointment, there are very few classics and almost no new blockbusters. So right now, I am watching Malcolm in the middle and when that is done, i will try to find out for myself why Orange is the New black has so much buzz behind it.
    I'll make sure I avoid that one.

I avoided watching Orange is the New Black for a long time because my husband was pressuring me to watch it - he thinks I act like Piper Chapman. (I admit, in some of the scene's we do sound alike.) I'm glad I finally caved and gave the show a shot, it's pretty good.

Oh, and I watched Ender's Game last night and it was pretty good.

I'm probably going to watch some of these tonight. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAn...CfJA4-bYjX7YHA

That said, please do not...not...report that channel. The last time I shared a link like this some asshat ( I think from here...because it existed for a long time until I shared it here) reported it and it went away. Probably one of those ip dweebs, I'd imagine.

Series finale of True Blood was lame as hell. Who did Sookie end up with?

No real surprise at the Emmys. Breaking Bad won most of the high-profile categories. The episode (#4) of True Detective that had the 6-minute shot won a director category for Cary Fukunaga.

True Detective season 2 will not air until summer 2015, here are some casting rumors for the 4 main characters:

Ray Velcro (Colin Farrell) is a grizzled detective who’s long had a rough time in “both his personal and professional lives.”
    Paul Woodrugh (Taylor Kitsch) is a 28-year old detective and veteran “who has seen his share of violence and destruction.”
    Ani Bezzerides (Elisabeth Moss) is a no-nonsense sheriff from Monterey, who has gambling and drinking problems as a result of her “troubled upbringing.”
    Frank Semyon (Vince Vaughn), a “former thug” who’s now a respectable businessman, pushing for the construction of a high-speed railway system that links Southern and Northern California.

Plot rumors are here:
    http://screenrant.com/true-detective...-premiere-date

Series finale of True Blood was lame as hell. Who did Sookie end up with?
    Who knows. They should have let Alcide live. I think that alleged extra was right about how Bill was supposed to turn human at the end, but once that person spoiled it, they used one of their other endings. There was too much about Bill showing human qualities (being warm, Suckie reading his mind, etc.) which made no sense with the ending they ultimately went with. Not that continuity was ever this show's strong point. That said, Bill died as selfishly as he lived.

Funny how it ended with such a strong family values message, and Pam and Eric essentially turning into big pharma "Republicunts!"

The highlight of the episode:

So glad it's over.
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-26-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Just finished Jericho, I really liked it and if you haven't seen it, put it on your list.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Just finished Jericho, I really liked it and if you haven't seen it, put it on your list.
    I loved Jericho, too bad it only lasted a couple of seasons.

I'm watching Punk Attitude, I love music documentaries.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I loved Jericho, too bad it only lasted a couple of seasons.

I'm watching Punk Attitude, I love music documentaries.

Jericho! I loved that series. It is hard to believe that it ended like....SIX years ago! WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Jericho! I loved that series. It is hard to believe that it ended like....SIX years ago! WTH?
    There are still people trying to bring the show back, but most likely will have an all new cast.

If you're looking for a comedy that takes the piss out of politics then look no further than HBO's 'Veep'. Thanks to Bob Wenzel for referring me to this one; I would have never bothered checking it out otherwise. A 7.9 on on IMDB, I'd have to believe its score has been kept lower than it deserves by our most fervent state idolaters in the rating business.

This is what I appreciate most about this show. The staffers, that enduring apparatus of DC gov't that supersedes the transitory pols, how they are cutthroat, disloyal, and void of principles.

This is like the antithesis of most political shows feed to us. Kudos, HBO.
    Last edited by green73; 08-29-2014 at 07:51 PM.

I watched Movie 43 (Netflix) last night, it was one of the most $#@!ed up things I have ever witnessed and that's sayin' something.
    I was laughing so hard I was cryin' during Hugh Jackmans scene, it's the first 20 minutes - I don't want to give anything away. If you like South Park style humor, then you'll probably enjoy this movie.

I watched Movie 43 (Netflix) last night, it was one of the most $#@!ed up things I have ever witnessed and that's sayin' something.
    I was laughing so hard I was cryin' during Hugh Jackmans scene, it's the first 20 minutes - I don't want to give anything away. If you like South Park style humor, then you'll probably enjoy this movie.

Um...

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Um...

Pfft, some people have no sense of humor.

It won some awards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1333125/awards?ref_=tt_awd

Anybody watching Ray Donovan? I like.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the killing... really good

How did they manage to get so many stars in that movie?
    Last edited by Barrex; 09-03-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jusjeff View Post
    the killing... really good
    I binge watched all the episodes...sucks it was cancelled

Finally watched Vikings.....caught up with all episodes.

If you want a wholesome, family type show Heartland is good. Sometimes I have to get away from the gore and violence.

just finished watching the Seahawks win the Superbowl on DVR......for the 8th time.

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast