Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

thanks Suzanimal I will do that...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did any of you watch "the lottery"?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lottery_(TV_series)

It is the year 2025, and no children have been born on Earth since 2019 due to an infertility pandemic that first became noticeable in 2016. Dr. Alison Lennon and her assistant, Dr. James Lynch, make a breakthrough in their lab work for the Department of Humanity (DOH), and are able to successfully fertilize eggs to create 100 viable human embryos. Darius Hayes, Director of the DOH, strongly believes that the embryos should immediately become property of the U.S. government. But the President of the United States, Thomas Westwood, is fighting sagging poll numbers and sides with his Chief of Staff, Vanessa Keller, who suggests they hold a public lottery to select 100 women who will carry the embryos to term. The DOH is also looking to control all young children in the country, which includes Elvis Walker, the six-year old son of Kyle Walker. Meanwhile, an anti-government group called the Second of May Resistance, or "MayTwos", is also trying to seize control of the embryos for its own purposes. In researching the egg and sperm donors that produced the embryos, Alison and James discover a common bond that leads them to uncover the cause of the global infertility crisis. The battle to affect the future of the human race, along with the need to keep secrets buried, becomes a life-and-death struggle, with many paying the ultimate price.
    I can't believe I actually liked a show that was on the Lifetime channel. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

No, but it sounds like something I would like.

The Wife Beater Channel

I see it was cancelled, did they wrap it up nicely or did they leave a big cliffhanger? I hate it when they cancel a show and leave a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I see it was cancelled, did they wrap it up nicely or did they leave a big cliffhanger? I hate it when they cancel a show and leave a cliffhanger.
    Yeah, I hate it when that happens. It doesn't all get wrapped up, but they did enough to make the series worth watching. I'm not surprised they cancelled it: full on govt conspiracy as the main plot, the government was the bad guy, they had a creepy "department of humanity" and it had a definite anti-state message to much of it. I was shocked to find it was on lifetime.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just heard that they cancelled that Honey Boo Boo show...lol
    The mother is hanging with a family member who recently got out of prison for molesting one of their 8 year olds, ten years earlier. Go figure...

This video (and the music) maybe disturbing for some. There is no nudity or gore or anything but it is extremely dark.

Even though the song apparently is about an aneurism- it is the perfect metaphor for a panic attack and those who suffer with anxiety. From my perspective, the creepy androgynous creature in the lotus position represents the mind in a state of meditation during a panic attack- the ghoulish slave figures illustrates previous panic stricken states which were 'conquered' by the mind.

Finally, the mind endured and subdued the current attack, thereby turning it into a slave, where it will witness the following one.

The anxious mind is dark and ugly and can never fully reach a state of contentment or Nirvana. It can only observe and endure the panic stricken episodes that wreck its central nervous system. Or something.

I just got caught up with Boardwalk Empire (S5E7) - and damn ... they're killin' off everybody!

I know Luciano and Meyer Lansky are going to survive (at least, they did in the real world), but still ... c'mon, Nucky! Don't lay down for those $#@!s.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

I watched it. By the same writer who wrote Children of Men. But I like dystopian themes. Too bad it was cancelled. I'm still unhappy they cancelled Revolution.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-25-2014 at 09:02 AM.

I was watching Homeland the other day and one of the characters who is supposed to be a Pakistani intelligence officer told one of the CIA characters..."Everyone knows 9/11 was a hoax".

I just can't with Homeland. I feel like I'm watching CIA propaganda, and I have zero sympathy for any of the characters. I did watch the first ep. The drone queen obviously has postpartum psychosis.

The Bridge was cancelled, so I won't be watching that any more. Great show (though they took liberties with the subtitles).

I can't wait for The Comeback to come back! I was so bummed when it was cancelled. (Kudrow's show Web Therapy is also great.)

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I just can't with Homeland. I feel like I'm watching CIA propaganda, and I have zero sympathy for any of the characters. I did watch the first ep. The drone queen obviously has postpartum psychosis.

The Bridge was cancelled, so I won't be watching that any more. Great show (though they took liberties with the subtitles).

I can't wait for The Comeback to come back! I was so bummed when it was cancelled. (Kudrow's show Web Therapy is also great.)

There is propaganda on Homeland but they also do a good job making them look like sh!t stirrers. The recent story arc about the character of Quinn and his PTSD has been really good.

I just put on S02Episode1 of Alpha house on amazon, and 10 minutes into it and there is a negative story on politico about the Rubio clone character and they start going on blaming Rand Paul making up the story.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Oh no, they cancelled the Bridge? That sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Oh no, they cancelled the Bridge? That sucks....
    Right in the middle too.....
    they were just getting the characters up and running...WTH?

Right in the middle too.....
    they were just getting the characters up and running...WTH?
    I know. I actually just got into it this season. The ratings were horrible.

“Ultimately, this decision was based on the ratings,” Mr. Solberg told tvDownload over the phone. “If you look at the numbers between season one and season two, (it) dropped 42 percent.” (This was actually the drop from the season two premiere and its second episode.) “From a qualitative standpoint, we couldn’t be any prouder, but the numbers just didn’t reflect,” said Mr. Solberg, pointing to Terriers, another FX show, for another example of a critically acclaimed drama that didn’t catch on in the ratings.

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/10/exclusiv...#ixzz3HGsDzn1L
    I heard Terriers was really great too.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I heard Terriers was really great too.
    It was. We finally had a really well-done "private detective" show - one that managed to be both funny and dramatic with appealing main characters and some good old-fashioned "detection" and "investigation" for a change - instead of (yet another) copsucking "police procedural" with gee-whiz techno-gadgetry substituting for investigatory foot-(and-brain)-work (blechhh!).

And the fact that Hank (an ex-cop) and Britt (an ex-con) operated as unlicensed private detectives was balm for this libertarian's soul ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkb8h5P3-zw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8yqEODhAY

The show made me a Donal Logue fan. He also played King Horik in "Vikings" and Lee Toric - the U.S. Marshal - in "Sons of Anarchy." (He's currently playing Jim Gordon's partner in "Gotham.") Michael Raymond-James kicks ass, too ...

Terriers also had one of my all-time favorite TV theme songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD8Kh7Pmzho

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-26-2014 at 11:04 PM.

that looks like the cop on Gotham....Gordons partner I think

that looks like the cop on Gotham....Gordons partner I think
    That's 'coz it is (as I noted when I said, "He's currently playing Jim Gordon's partner in 'Gotham.'") ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That's 'coz it is (as I noted when I said, "He's currently playing Jim Gordon's partner in 'Gotham.'") ...
    lol somehow I missed that.... Thanks for the clip I was wondering about that show. later

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sheesh, people! You are disappoint. Books>TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sheesh, people! You are disappoint. Books>TV.
    Books? No thanks. I tried watching a book once. It was just too damn boring ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It was. We finally had a really well-done "private detective" show - one that managed to be both funny and dramatic with appealing main characters and some good old-fashioned "detection" and "investigation" for a change - instead of (yet another) copsucking "police procedural" with gee-whiz techno-gadgetry substituting for investigatory foot-(and-brain)-work (blechhh!).

And the fact that Hank (an ex-cop) and Britt (an ex-con) operated as unlicensed private detectives was balm for this libertarian's soul ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkb8h5P3-zw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8yqEODhAY

The show made me a Donal Logue fan. He also played King Horik in "Vikings" and Lee Toric - the U.S. Marshal - in "Sons of Anarchy." (He's currently playing Jim Gordon's partner in "Gotham.") Michael Raymond-James kicks ass, too ...

Terriers also had one of my all-time favorite TV theme songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD8Kh7Pmzho

I am going to check it out! A recommendation from you carries a lot of weight with me.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70177059?trkid=439131

Did you know there was talk of a movie? http://screenrant.com/terriers-tv-movie-fx/

Recent Logue interview in which the first question was about a movie: http://collider.com/donal-logue-goth...vie-interview/
    --Albert J. Nock

I am going to check it out! A recommendation from you carries a lot of weight with me.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70177059?trkid=439131
    Thanks! I never would have known about Terriers if I hadn't seen it available on Netflix and wondered, "What the hell is that? Ima check it out ..."

Did you know there was talk of a movie? http://screenrant.com/terriers-tv-movie-fx/

Recent Logue interview in which the first question was about a movie: http://collider.com/donal-logue-goth...vie-interview/
    Excellent. I am curious as to which way Britt decided to go at the end of the series ...

I just put on S02Episode1 of Alpha house on amazon, and 10 minutes into it and there is a negative story on politico about the Rubio clone character and they start going on blaming Rand Paul making up the story.
    Ok, I think Rand Paul was mentioned in near every episode of season 2 of alpha house.

This looks interesting.

Naked martial arts around the 44 sec mark.

Netflix takes on 'Game of Thrones' with 'Marco Polo'

With several months between now and when the fifth season of HBO's stellar "Game of Thrones" series returns, you may find yourself itching for something, anything involving swords, intrigue, martial arts, horseback, and armies. Netflix is hoping to fill that void and capitalize on "Thrones" absence with "Marco Polo," its first foray into historical fiction programming.

The 10-episode series is loosely based on the Italian merchant's early adventures in the court of Kublai Khan. Creator John Fusco, who previous was nominated for an Academy Award for his film "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron," says the idea for the series came to him while he was horseback riding with his son through Mongolia. Their guide, a historian, kept telling stories about Marco Polo - sparking interest in Fusco to learn more about the explorer. What he discovered was a man largely unknown (beyond your average history class and/or childhood pool games) and incredibly fascinating.

"They have no idea that Marco Polo was basically adopted as a son by Kublai Khan, the most powerful ruler on Earth, the grandson of Genghis Khan," Fusco told the LA Times. "And that he was trained in the scholar-warrior tradition — in archery, Mongol warfare, Chinese martial arts, languages, letters. He went through this incredible education that was really this cultural awakening."

Despite some dramatic liberties with the story, Fusco says he was determined to keep the history intact.

"It's historical fiction, but the historical signposts along the way keep it rooted in history," he said.

Look for the full season of "Marco Polo" to stream online December 12th.

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cu...#ixzz3Hcf5Mgyw

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    This looks interesting.

Naked martial arts around the 44 sec mark.
    Thanks for the heads up, got that on my list

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good news, ladies: AMC Nabs Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston Miniseries ‘The Night Manager’

AMC is closing in on a deal for the U.S. rights to the BBC’s Hugh Laurie-Tom Hiddleston miniseries “The Night Manager,” based on the 1993 John le Carre novel.

AMC would join the Beeb as a co-producer along with the Ink Factory. The project is eyed as a six-episode mini although AMC’s run could expand to eight episodes with commercial time included.

The novel revolves around a former British soldier who is drawn into a sting operation involving black market weapons after he goes to work for a luxury hotel. Writer David Farr is adapting the novel for TV.

Word of AMC nabbing “Night Manager” comes on the heels of the AMC Networks parent company closing a deal to buy half of the BBC America channel. One of the drivers of that deal was the desire for both sides to partner on high-end scripted productions such as “Night Manager.”

The project also marks Laurie’s return to the small screen since ending his eight-season run on the Fox drama “House” in 2012.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

I don't think I'm gonna watch this but in case someone's interested...

Man Says He'll Be Eaten Alive by Anaconda

(NEWSER) – Naturalist Paul Rosolie believes "you have to go head first." What he's referring to is shoving his head into the mouth of an anaconda, letting it swallow him, and filming the experience for a Discovery Channel special called Eaten Alive, News.com.au reports. According to the Discovery Channel's blurb on the show, which premieres Dec. 7, the 26-year-old will enter "the belly of an anaconda in a custom-built snake-proof suit"; he's shown in a preview video wearing it with an emergency line attached to his ankle, the Independent reports. Wildlife advocates are calling Rosolie's TV experiment cruel. "#EatenAlive is disgusting. Why put an animal under so much trauma? All for the wonder of live tv," says one miffed tweeter.

But Rosolie, a wildlife filmmaker who works with anacondas in the Amazon, says his mission is to protect the creatures. "If u know me—I would never hurt a living thing. But you'll have to watch # EatenAlive to find out how it goes down," he tweeted. Business Insider sees that comment as an indication that maybe this is just a stunt, noting that in order to not bring harm to the snake, Rosolie would have to get out of it without cutting it open, an "improbable" feat. Further, the site talks to a herpetologist who notes it would be tough to create a suit that could withstand the pressure of being inside the snake and facilitate breathing. It's more "nonsense" from the channel, concludes BI. (In other snake news, this python recently had a virgin birth.)

http://www.newser.com/story/198259/m...-anaconda.html

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/eaten-alive

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast