Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1904

Thread: What are you watching?

Watching Ray Donovan.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ERREMENTARI: THE BLACKSMITH AND THE DEVIL

I loved it. Watch on Netflix. Even though it's dubbed, read the translation at the very end. It's completely wrong. Something about a pumpkin, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watching Adam Ruins Everything on Netflix.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    ERREMENTARI: THE BLACKSMITH AND THE DEVIL

I loved it. Watch on Netflix. Even though it's dubbed, read the translation at the very end. It's completely wrong. Something about a pumpkin, lol.

That was pretty good.

OCD demon sez: "No! No! Not the chickpeas!" ... LOL

Apparently, the pumpkin thing - "get out of the pumpkin and into the square" - is a literal translation of an idiom that traditionally ends Basque folktales (sort of like "and they all lived happily ever after ..."). The sense of it is supposed to be something like "that's the story, so let it be told". In English, an old joke or riddle is sometimes called a "chestnut" - so maybe in Basque an old story is called a "pumpkin". Imagine what a non-English speaker might think about a literal translation of "he choked on a hot dog and kicked the bucket" ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-06-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Watching the Chargers-Ravens playoff game.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That was pretty good.

OCD demon sez: "No! No! Not the chickpeas!" ... LOL

Apparently, the pumpkin thing - "get out of the pumpkin and into the square" - is a literal translation of an idiom that traditionally ends Basque folktales (sort of like "and they all lived happily ever after ..."). The sense of it is supposed to be something like "that's the story, so let it be told". In English, an old joke or riddle is sometimes called a "chestnut" - so maybe in Basque an old story is called a "pumpkin". Imagine what a non-English speaker might think about a literal translation of "he choked on a hot dog and kicked the bucket" ...
    The demon was my favorite character. And the wife of the hotel/pub owner cracked me up, too. Did you notice she hit him every time she said something to him? lol

Ah, good to know. Now, instead of "happily ever after", I can say "get out of the pumpkin and into the square" and sound cosmopolitan.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

San Francisco 2.0 • HBO

I was watching Midsomer Murders with Mr A last night. He hates watching them with me because I just can't help but comment on all the murders in these sleepy little English towns. I noticed most of the town is dead before DCI Barnaby apprehends the killer. He's a sucky DCI. Anyway, in last night's episode, a man in red 'trainers' broke into the dead guy's house and stole his laptop and I wondered out loud why he would bother stealing a old crappy laptop. (the show originally aired in 2005 or 06) Poor Mr A, he thought I was retarded for a minute.

I googled Midsomer to find out if it was a real place because I was worried about accidentally visiting and getting murdered. It isn't, btw.

Calvin Coolidge

I fell asleep watching a boring Netflix movie called IO. I thought it was 10 at first but they were just being artsy with the I. It was a dumb global warming climate change ammonia air movie. According to the narrator, we were warned the earth was dying by a few smart people but we didn't listen and the earth is dying.

There was one odd thing I noticed. Okay, so in the movie we have the technology to go to Jupiter's moons and harvest energy but in the scene where the super hawt environmental scientist 17 year old heroine goes into the city wearing an oxygen mask, I noticed a pay phone booth in the city ruins, lol. WTF? We have the tech to harvest energy from Jupiter's moons and we've gone back to using pay phones? BTW, she also has the tech to skype her super hawt genius 17 year old boyfriend who lives on Jupiter's moon, IO but the city people who all died from ammonia air, used pay phones.

That's the first 30 minutes.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Watching the Saints-Rams game.

Calvin Coolidge

@ChristianAnarchist

Skin Wars is on Netflix. I couldn't help but think of you.

Watching Seinfeld.

Calvin Coolidge

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I've been watching Slobby's World on Netflix. He's a reseller (like me) who owns a store in Tucson, I think. I'm not crazy about his style. He's into 80's and 90's stuff and "sneaker culture", lol. Mr A tried to humor me and watch it but when Slobby brought up "sneaker culture", Mr A mumbled something about the stupidest $#@! he's ever heard and left. Mr A isn't into sneaker culture. As a matter of fact, he doesn't even pick out his own sneakers. I buy him a few pairs in different sizes and he tries them on and picks the ones he likes best and I return the rest. That's as much sneaker culture as he can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    @ChristianAnarchist

Skin Wars is on Netflix. I couldn't help but think of you.
    damn! How come I didn't know about this??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Calvin Coolidge

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Living Life as an Exaggerated Figment of People’s Imaginations | Erika Jayne Girardi | TEDxPas

Last edited by timosman; 02-09-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Calvin Coolidge

The Wire (again)

"Omar comin', yo!"
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I watched another Midsomer Murder (there are like 19 seasons). Anyway, I've been telling Mr A how, next time we go to the UK, we should steer clear of festivals because someone is always murdered at one in Midsomer. In last night's episode, there was a haunted house and this weird couple who had written a book about Midsomer hauntings were suspects. When DCI Barnaby showed up to interrogate them they told him they were writing a book about Midsomer Festivals. I thought they should be writing it about Midsomer Festival Murders. Like a sequel to their haunted house book.

My favorite place in Midsomer is Badgers Drift. I learned there's an abandoned WW II bomb shelter there in last night's episode.

spoiler alert

The weirdos didn't do it and the house wasn't haunted.

Calvin Coolidge

Enter the Dragon

Last edited by Anti Globalist; 02-19-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Calvin Coolidge

The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.

I never read the comics. My kids have read them and thought they were good, though. They aren't watching the show with me but keep promising they will. They're too busy to hang out and watch tv with mom.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Calvin Coolidge

The Commuter
    No not the computer
    The Commuter, with Iam Leasom (sp)

Anyone watching the new Star Trek Discovery? What do you make of it?

House of Lies

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast