Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1904

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Yep, we like it too. Also started Aftermath the other night. It is worth a second episode here. Seems to have an end of days theme. I find that sort of refreshing for a change.
    I got that one .. haven't watched it yet. We like the NCIS shows.. even though sometimes I need to shower the propaganda off after watching.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some weird movie with Richard Gere as a homeless guy . Not very good really . Time out of mind .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    It is. But it's also a prelude to Iron Fist, and to a Defenders series that will bring Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Punisher all together as a team.
    Netflix is making a dedicated Punisher show, because Jon Bernthal played him so well in the last season of Daredevil.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Yep, we like it too. Also started Aftermath the other night. It is worth a second episode here. Seems to have an end of days theme. I find that sort of refreshing for a change.
    ok.. caught up on this one. I watched 1 and 2 tonight.. about half way through 2, I started to wonder if it was going to get me to ep 3 - the last 2 minutes BAM! I'm in!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Finally finished Preacher. Love it. So glad it was renewed.

Started The Night Of . Very stressful, but very good! Bill Camp is excellent.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Finally finished Preacher. Love it. So glad it was renewed.

Started The Night Of . Very stressful, but very good! Bill Camp is excellent.
    The Night Of ending is good, but even for those who might not have liked it, the last 30 seconds are totally worth it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ya, sorry. Black Mirror. Haven't made it to three yet but will pretty soon. This seems to be more than a couple notches above the standard mind numbingly stupid fare.
    Netflix just released a season 3 of this as a Netflix original.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/70264888

Goliath is pretty good. It is another lawyer show by David E. Kelley, released on Amazon. This is important because it allows Billy Bob Thornton and his costars the full use of the language. Fairly well written and interesting characters who work well together. It is only 8 episodes, a lot of stuff crammed into the last episode that could have been better expanded to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Netflix just released a season 3 of this as a Netflix original.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/70264888
    LOL, the first episode of the new season of black mirror does NOT disappoint.

LOL, the first episode of the new season of black mirror does NOT disappoint.
    I know it says it's an anthology, but is there any connection from one season to the next that would be missed by starting at season 3? I remember watching the first episode of season 1, it was definitely unforgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I know it says it's an anthology, but is there any connection from one season to the next that would be missed by starting at season 3? I remember watching the first episode of season 1, it was definitely unforgettable.
    Nope, every episode is unrelated. Feel free to start on season 3, episode 1 was great.

Nope, every episode is unrelated. Feel free to start on season 3, episode 1 was great.
    I like this show. For every good use of technology, it demonstrates an equally bad use. A couple of the new episodes are Americanized, and I think all of the new ones feature a known actor. I watched some more of the older ones, so far I like "Fifteen Million Merits" the best (he even uses the glass shard from the title), it's a lot like "Nosedive". "San Junipero", also very good.

Bates Motel. I'm slow.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I watched South Park tonight but dozed off about halfway through. I can't wait to find out if Gerald got exposed as Skankhunt42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Rectify is back, but I think it is only 4 final episodes. The first one is with Daniel in the halfway house. He finally breaks down, not like people thought he did in previous seasons, but for real.

Also there's this, very similar to The Borgias:

Awkward pause:

Spoiler:

Last edited by CPUd; 11-01-2016 at 06:48 PM.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Awkward pause:

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I saw Dr Strange tonight. I liked it. I thought Sherlock was a great Dr Strange. And I tried a new theater and it's almost perfect - they have recliners (!!!!), reserved seats (my son made the reservation and we were front row, center - I don't know what it is about that kid and the front row.), and a BAR!!! If they rented snuggies and pillows, it would be perfect. Why are movie theaters so frickin' cold?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Just finished the last season of The Fall. Creepy psychological thriller series.

I've been watching Black Mirror. It reminds me of The Twilight Zone. I love it because I'm not good at keeping up with shows and since it's different every week, I don't miss anything. The only show I've been able to stick with is Vikings. Probably because they're hawt but I even thought it was getting a little dumb last season.

Black Mirror is on Netflix, btw.

People of Earth

I came across it by accident and I just love it.

You can watch episodes here.

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you.

That tongue-in-cheek adage is practically the guiding principle of People of Earth, the new TBS series executive produced by Conan O’Brien and Greg Daniels of The Office, starring Wyatt Cenac as a journalist who becomes entangled with the members of a support group for alien abductees. Actually, you’re not supposed to call them abductees. You should refer to them as “experiencers.” “Calling someone an abductee is a lot like slut shaming,” one of the members of StarCrossed, that support group, tells Cenac’s character Ozzie. Duly noted.

What’s also notable about this comedy, which is more clever and thought-provoking than it is gut-busting, is its focus on the notion that there’s something not quite right about our world and it’s making some folks unstable. Although, to be fair, some of them only needed the gentlest poke of a finger to be flung off the proverbial ledge. Like certain episodes of Black Mirror and, to an even greater extent, the recently canceled Braindead, which also dabbled in the extraterrestrial, People of Earth simultaneously speaks to how mental or emotional struggles can lead to institutional mistrust, while confirming that such mistrust may be completely founded.

There are indeed aliens among us and some aliens really do kidnap humans and those weird, occasionally bulbous-headed beings may not have the truest of aims. People of Earth confirms all of this in the first episode, which debuted, along with episode two, on Halloween night and can now be streamed on the TBS website. But the pilot and subsequent installments also reveal that the individuals who regularly gather in a Beacon, New York, church to discuss their alien encounters are dealing with plenty of non-E.T.-related problems, including aborted career paths and failed marriages that may or may not have gone sour because of all that little green man talk.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/peopl...-is-funny.html

This is cute.

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dirk Gently

I have no idea what's going on but it's a fun ride.

A few movies over the past couple months:

Battle for Sevastopol
    Land of Mine
    ARQ
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople
    The Siege of Jadotville
    The Man from Nowhere

All of them were decent.

Still watching Black Mirror. I've been watching an episode or two a week but I think I'm getting hooked. I watched season 2 episode 3 - The Waldo Moment and it was very thought provoking. I'm not sure I get the ending, though. If anyone else has seen it, fill me in.

Here's a teaser. If you want to see the whole thing, it's on Netflix.

Edited to add: The main politician guy mentions the roads and it doesn't matter if you're never seen a previos episode, they're all different. It reminds me of The Twilight Zone. Also, the episode right after this one is about a PUA gone wrong - might be of interest to @dannno.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 11-15-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Still watching Black Mirror. I've been watching an episode or two a week but I think I'm getting hooked. I watched season 2 episode 3 - The Waldo Moment and it was very thought provoking. I'm not sure I get the ending, though. If anyone else has seen it, fill me in.

Here's a teaser. If you want to see the whole thing, it's on Netflix.

Edited to add: The main politician guy mentions the roads and it doesn't matter if you're never seen a previos episode, they're all different. It reminds me of The Twilight Zone. Also, the episode right after this one is about a PUA gone wrong - might be of interest to @dannno.
    Waldo is used by the CIA for controlled opposition, so they can use it for bloodless regime change.

Finished "The Crown".

Westworld. It is great.

They say S2 might not start until 2018, which is ridiculous. On the bright side, I was afraid that HBO wouldn't do the Deadwood movie because Westworld is so popular, but since it won't be back for over a year, I still have hope.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Putty...

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast