Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Texas Primaries: Who Do We Support?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    I'd say it's more indicative of the folks in Texas really rejecting the 'Tea Party' 'extremist' 'fringe' labels in favor of candidates they see as the keywords: 'sensible' and 'moderate.' It's all about the keywords and rhetoric. I mean, look at Cuccinelli- though I feel he was just not a good candidate based on some of his rhetoric, not to mention his ticket- and look at Texas. And people talk of a GOP civil war within itself. Here's just a blip of what could happen come midterm time.

And, you know, there's the matter of liberty candidates not exactly having deep pockets and big wallets.
    It may be better to just campaign on smaller government and less taxes. Keep it simple.

Of course there is nothing you can do about the establishment media smearing every Tea Party candidate. And then there's the low information voters. I have relatives in Texas that said "hell yeah, we vote Republican!". Asked them who they voted for in the Primary, they didn't even know. Probably the incumbents. The false left/right, Democrat/Republican thing has bamboozled the majority of voters. They don't even care about Primaries.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It may be better to just campaign on smaller government and less taxes. Keep it simple.

Of course there is nothing you can do about the establishment media smearing every Tea Party candidate. And then there's the low information voters. I have relatives in Texas that said "hell yeah, we vote Republican!". Asked them who they voted for in the Primary, they didn't even know. Probably the incumbents. The false left/right, Democrat/Republican thing has bamboozled the majority of voters. They don't even care about Primaries.
    I have relatives that do exactly that. They vote republican but also vote for who they think will win.

Looking good in some regions certain places.

Molly White shockingly wins HD 55 with 53.72% of the vote, and The WONDERFUL Philip Eby makes enters a runoff race in HD 58, receiving 40.11% in the primary. Almost 10% ahead of opponent Dwayne Burns.
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-20-2018 at 05:26 PM.

U. S. Representative District 13
    Pam Barlow REP 3,492 11.47% 8,757 13.32%
    Elaine Hays REP 5,190 17.05% 12,347 18.79%
    Mac Thornberry - Incumbent REP 21,743 71.46% 44,603 67.88%
    ----------- -----------
    Race Total 30,425 65,707
    Precincts Reported 379 of 386 Precincts 98.19%

Not surprising. Thornberry is a neocon through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    What a horrible day. I hope at least Don Huffines wins.
    "With 169 of 270 precincts reporting, Don Huffines maintains a narrow, but growing, lead in the District 16 State Senate race. He now has 616 more votes than State Sen. John Carona, the incumbent. Huffines has 51 percent of the vote, while Carona has 49 percent."

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...nclick_check=1

If Huffines and Rinaldi pull out their races, I would say today was very positive for Texas' state government towards liberty.

On the Federal level, it is looking to be a negative with the loss of Stockman, but I would say if Zamora pulls an upset in the general it is a wash.

We are doing pretty well for being excessively out funded, demonized by the establishment and the media, and coming from basically nowhere six years ago.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody make it to the primary conventions? Let's try at least to keep the liberty platforms alive.

Bummed out about Medina.

Quote Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
    Bummed out about Medina.
    I think Don Huffines' win is more than just another liberty vote in the Senate ... he could do what Rand is doing in the U.S. Senate, pulling traditional conservatives towards the liberty platform. In my view, he shows up on day one with a lot more credibility than most freshmen.

With folks like Don Huffines in the Senate, and TJ Fabby and Philip Eby (potentially) joining David Simpson and Jonathan Stickland in the House, the liberty movement in Texas has found some sorely needed leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuschler View Post
    I think Don Huffines' win is more than just another liberty vote in the Senate ... he could do what Rand is doing in the U.S. Senate, pulling traditional conservatives towards the liberty platform. In my view, he shows up on day one with a lot more credibility than most freshmen.

With folks like Don Huffines in the Senate, and TJ Fabby and Philip Eby (potentially) joining David Simpson and Jonathan Stickland in the House, the liberty movement in Texas has found some sorely needed leadership.
    Don should win.
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-20-2018 at 05:27 PM.

State House - District 66 - GOP Primary
    41 of 41 Precincts Reporting - 100%
    Max Runoff Cands=2
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    Shaheen, Matt GOP 4,880 49%
    Callison, Glenn GOP 4,001 40%
    Chen, Stacy GOP 1,116 11%
    Wow, she didn't even stand a chance. At least she tried and hopefully she energized a new band of supporters in her area.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Wow, she didn't even stand a chance. At least she tried and hopefully she energized a new band of supporters in her area.
    She is certainly a nice enough person, and her heart is in the right place ... however, she's a graduate student with no "real world" experience. As the North Texas Tea Party put it, "we felt Stacey Chen is very dedicated to liberty issues, but felt she needs some more experience before she would be ready for the rough-and-tumble world of Austin." Besides, Matt Shaheen is a reliable conservative with five years experience as a County Commissioner ... he's already committed to oppose Joe Straus as Speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

The rest of the story is look at the web site of every candidate running for office in the R party. They at least feel it necessary to state some kind of "screw you feds" as part of their messaging. The challenge is to sort out the doers from the talkers.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

So wait a second, Zamora's opponent, incumbent Ruben Hinojosa, not only faced Zamora before, but won with 61 percent of the vote back in 2006? I mean, does Zamora even stand a ghost of a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    So wait a second, Zamora's opponent, incumbent Ruben Hinojosa, not only faced Zamora before, but won with 61 percent of the vote back in 2006? I mean, does Zamora even stand a ghost of a chance?
    No. TX-15 is considered a safe Democratic District with a Cook PVI of D+5. Eddie Zamora is a perennial candidate who has lost to Hinojosa in 2006, 2008, and 2010.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Updated for runoffs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234