Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Primaries: Who Do We Support?

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I don't know anything more* about Rita Ashley than what's posted on her website. But what I know of David Bradley is enough to know that Rita has got to be a monumental improvement. *Rita primaried Bradley last election cycle and lost.
    OK, thanks. I looked at both of their sites. Bradly is endorsed by the Texas Home School Coalition and Gun Owners of America. Sounds like my kind of guy. Ashley says nothing on her site that would make me think that she is more pro liberty than Bradley.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuschler View Post
    Texas-36: Does anyone have a sense for which of the two liberty candidates - Norman or Meyer - has the best chance of making the run-off?
    Reasons to vote for Norman:
    *Norman raised over $1 Million in his State Senate campaign
    *Norman received six times as many votes in his State Senate campaign than Meyer's congressional campaign
    *Norman has the support of Stockman
    *Norman is an army veteran

Reasons to vote against Meyer:
    *Meyer ran an atrocious write-in campaign in 2010, receiving only 28 votes
    *Meyer raised only $100 in 2012.
    *Meyer received less than 4% of the vote in 2012
    *Meyer endorsed Stockman's establishment opponent, Stephen Takach, in the 2012 runoff

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Elaine Hays put out a new ad:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Elaine Hays put out a new ad:

She said absolutely nothing there. Every time I ask about her positions on Foreign Policy and Civil Liberties no one has an answer. I honestly can't distinguish her from any one of the RINOs currently serving until she stands up and takes some liberty positions.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Her position on the debt ceiling and the Amash Amendment not enough? Honestly, folks, not everyone is going to be a fire breathing 'End the fed,' spout liberty 24/7 type of politician, not even Rand is like that. Anymore, anyway. You're looking for perfection in politicians. Plus, pray tell how keeping Mac Thornberry in office is any better? It's an ad, not a positions ad. If you can't distinguish between her and Thornberry who gets special interest funding given his stance on national defense, seems you haven't paid attention. Then again, can't focus on every candidate. They can't all be gems.

I posted this over in her Ron Paul endorsement thread, but I should here to so people can see it
    Debra Medina interview:

Her position on the debt ceiling and the Amash Amendment not enough? Honestly, folks, not everyone is going to be a fire breathing 'End the fed,' spout liberty 24/7 type of politician, not even Rand is like that. Anymore, anyway. You're looking for perfection in politicians. Plus, pray tell how keeping Mac Thornberry in office is any better? It's an ad, not a positions ad. If you can't distinguish between her and Thornberry who gets special interest funding given his stance on national defense, seems you haven't paid attention. Then again, can't focus on every candidate. They can't all be gems.
    I have a whole website full of people that I have been able to find public and/or website statements to justify these positions. A portion of them are legitimate contenders.

I don't buy that we should have to guess their positions and hope for the best. I'm also mostly optimistic with people (i.e. I don't assume everyone is lying), so I'm not the hardest person to convince in the room.
    Last edited by jurgs01; 02-11-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    I have a whole website full of people that I have been able to find public and/or website statements to justify these positions. A portion of them are legitimate contenders.

I don't buy that we should have to guess their positions and hope for the best. I'm also mostly optimistic with people (i.e. I don't assume everyone is lying), so I'm not the hardest person to convince in the room.
    Though no one said anything about guessing positions and hoping for the best. That could go universal for...any aspiring politician ever where they say one thing, get into office and do something completely contrary. Everyone's reasons for whomever they support are their own. And if you care to explain how keeping Thornberry in his current seat is the better alternative, we're all ears.

And if you care to explain how keeping Thornberry in his current seat is the better alternative, we're all ears.
    I will not defend Thornberry. The guy is terrible. Not my point. I would just like a reason to believe that Elaine Hays would be any different.

Edit: If that reason exists, I would be happy to cheer her on.
    Last edited by jurgs01; 02-11-2014 at 11:29 PM.

I will not defend Thornberry. The guy is terrible. Not my point. I would just like a reason to believe that Elaine Hays would be any different.

Edit: If that reason exists, I would be happy to cheer her on.
    I'll ask again: her positions on the debt ceiling fiasco and government surveillance versus Thornberry's not convincing enough for you? If not, then oh well.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-20-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Thornberry is a horrible promoter of the state of endless war and the police state. The prospect of him losing is enough for me to support Hays. But she hasn't defined her positions well enough to get any money from me.

Didn't know this already aired, but apparently there was a debate forum:

http://video.kacvtv.org/video/2365178859/

Texas Early Voting starts tomorrow

This is targeted towards the people of Texas. Make this list viral so we can get the word about liberty candidates out there before early voting!

https://www.facebook.com/candidates4...23337931185050

https://twitter.com/Candidate4Liber/...96331553939456

Liberty Candidates:
    US Congress:
    4th: Tony Arterburn for Congress & Brent Lawson for Congress
    6th: Frank Kuchar
    8th: Craig McMichaelforcongress
    23rd: Dr. Robert Lowry
    26th: Divenchy Watrous
    32nd: Katrina Pierson for Congress

US Senate: Dwayne Texans For Stovall & Congressman Steve Stockman

Texas Land Commissioner: David Watts for Texas
    Texas Comptroller: Debra Medina

Texas State House:
    7th: David Simpson for Texas State Representative District 7
    10th: T.J. Fabby for Texas State Representative
    18th: Terry Holcomb for Texas State Representative District 18
    55th: Molly White
    58th: Philip Eby
    59th: Texans For Howard Ray
    64th: Read King
    66th: Stacy Chen for Texas House of Representatives - District 66
    72nd: T for Texas - Shannon Thomason for HD72
    92nd: Jonathan Stickland
    98th: Giovanni Capriglione
    129th: Jeff Larson for State Representative
    132nd: Michael Franks for Texas

Texas State Senate:
    3rd: Tammy Blair For Texas
    16th: Don Huffines

US House Fellow Travelers:
    4th: Gigliotti For Congress
    13th: Elaine Hays for Congress
    15th: Eddie Zamora for Congress
    19th: Donald May
    21st: Matt Mccall

State House Fellow Travelers:
    12th: Timothy Delasandro
    15th: Steve Toth for Texas
    27th: David Hamilton for State Representative
    93rd: Matt Krause
    115th: Matt Rinaldi

State Senate Fellow Travelers:
    10th: Konni Burton

Texas Lieutenant Governor Fellow Traveler: Jerry Patterson
    Last edited by jurgs01; 02-17-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Cool! Early voting is tomorrow. By the way, if T.J Fabby is not a full liberty candidate, no body is! just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Cool! Early voting is tomorrow. By the way, if T.J Fabby is not a full liberty candidate, no body is! just sayin'
    I was unable to find anything 4th Amendment related about him. I skip foreign policy for State candidates while vetting them, but I search for concrete positions on privacy and the like. If you know something I missed, I would be glad to make the switch

I was unable to find anything 4th Amendment related about him. I skip foreign policy for State candidates while vetting them, but I search for concrete positions on privacy and the like. If you know something I missed, I would be glad to make the switch
    Dadgum Jurgs!

I could have sworn I had given you this link at least twice! here is an excerpt:
    http://libertycandidates.com/2012/05...tate-house-tx/

Libertycandidatest.com: 2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?

T.J Fabby: "Ever heard of the 4th Amendment? They don’t have the authority to search citizens without a warrant."

There ya' go Jurgs, for the record, T.J's campaign has helped all the north/central Texas liberty campaigns. He was a delegate (hint' hint, nudge nudge) He is friends with Eby, King, and yes, your girl Chen. As a matter of fact, I think they all look up to him, he is the only one of them that ran in 2010.

The dude is 110% one of us. There ya' go
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-17-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Dadgum Jurgs!

I could have sworn I had given you this link at least twice! here is an excerpt:
    http://libertycandidates.com/2012/05...tate-house-tx/

Libertycandidatest.com: 2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?

T.J Fabby: "Ever heard of the 4th Amendment? They don’t have the authority to search citizens without a warrant."

There ya' go Jurgs, for the record, T.J's campaign has helped all the north/central Texas liberty campaigns. He was a delegate (hint' hint, nudge nudge) He is friends with Eby, King, and yes, your girl Chen. As a matter of fact, I think they all look up to him, he is the only one of them that ran in 2010.

The dude is 110% one of us. There ya' go
    Alright, sold, TJ is a liberty candidate.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Voting begins one week from tomorrow (Tuesday, March 4th). Are there any last minute changes or additions to the list?

I'm actually just about to go vote today (early voting). I'm just researching some of my local (county) races.

She said absolutely nothing there. Every time I ask about her positions on Foreign Policy and Civil Liberties no one has an answer. I honestly can't distinguish her from any one of the RINOs currently serving until she stands up and takes some liberty positions.
    From her CFL survey:

13. Will you support legislation that would prevent the indefinite detention of American citizens and would ensure full Fifth Amendment rights to due process? YES

15. Will you oppose federal power grabs like roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items? YES

16. Will you support efforts to end the NSA’s unconstitutional domestic spying program? YES

17. Will you oppose any legislation that requires states and citizens to participate in a National Identification program, including mandatory E-Verify? YES

18. Will you support keeping our Internet free from government control and intrusion, including opposing power grabs such as SOPA, CISPA, or any other bill that mandates more government intervention in the Internet? YES

She seems to be more of a fellow traveller than a proper liberty candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Voting begins one week from tomorrow (Tuesday, March 4th). Are there any last minute changes or additions to the list?
    If I lived in Senate District 2, I would support Bob Hall.

Matt Schaefer incumbent HD 6 is pretty good.

U.S. Senate

Cornyn 62%
    Stockman 16%
    Stovall 4%
    Others 18%

Governor

Abbott 90%
    Other 10%

Lieutenant Governor

Dewhurst 37%
    Patrick 31%
    Staples 17%
    Patterson 15%

Attorney General

Branch 42%
    Paxton 38%
    Smitherman 20%

Comptroller

Medina 39%
    Hilderbran 26%
    Hegar 24%
    Torres 11%

President (2016)

Ted Cruz 28%
    Rick Perry 10%
    Rand Paul 10%
    Paul Ryan 8%
    Jeb Bush 8%
    Bobby Jindal 6%
    Scott Walker 6%
    Marco Rubio 6%
    Chris Christie 4%
    Rick Santorum 4%
    No Opinion 12%

http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.texas...2-1summary.pdf

Folks have been stealing Debra Medina signs in Houston. Her camp knows. Hope she wins Comptroller.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
    Folks have been stealing Debra Medina signs in Houston. Her camp knows. Hope she wins Comptroller.
    They knocked down signs all around Texas The establishment is scared.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
    They knocked down a Medina sign in Gatesville, and all around Central, and North Central Texas they have been stealing signs and vandalizing signs that belong to Philip Eby, T.J Fabby, Stacy Chen and others. The establishment is scared.
    Y'all need to set up some cameras and see if you can catch someone.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast