Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "What person in their right mind would ask a...law enforcement officer why?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"What person in their right mind would ask a...law enforcement officer why?"

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/jerry-waller/

FORT WORTH, TX — An elderly man was slain in his own garage because police “inadvertently began searching” the wrong address while investigating a burglary call. Spotting a man who appeared “standoffish” in his own garage, police opened fire, killing a 72-year-old grandfather. After months of investigation, the officer has been cleared and is back on the streets.
    Hoeppner gave the following statements:

“…the whole entire time I’m giving commands, “Drop the gun, drop the gun, drop the gun.” “And he’s not dropping it and he had this attitude towards us that…it was almost an attitude of, you can’t tell me to drop my gun.” “You know what I mean?” “Like who are you to telling me to, you know what I mean.” “He kind of had an attitude kind of very hostile towards us…”

“I’m pretty sure I told you this; but I wanna reiterate that he…umm, his…his attitude towards us was very malicious.” “It…it was not, pro-police at all.” “ He did not seem happy that, that we were there.”

…if someone who…who…who…is….you get someone out there who would follow the gun laws; and…and that understands that a police officer is telling you this, that you’re not gonna sit there and hold the gun still; cause….I mean like…it’s almost as if he was challenging me.” “And the fact…the reason I say that is I mean, his….the way he stood; I mean…I mean his comments as in, ‘why’…” “ You know like, what…what person in their right man…mind would ask a peace officer…a, a law enforcement officer…’why’ …when he tells you and give you verbal commands that we’re being serious…, drop the gun, you know. Your law abiding citizen is not going to tell… going to ask you, why.”

The way he talks to me is a very stand-off attitude.” “ You know…you know when he say, get…get the light outta my eyes, it wasn’t please sir; get the light outta my eyes.” “Hey, can you please get the light outta my eyes.” “It was, get the light outta my eyes!” “You know, it was real standoff, like…you know…”

Now that I think back on it and you know, had all this time to think on it. I think his intentions as soon as he walked out that door and saw me and he didn’t want to put the gun down, I firmly believe that he was trying to find a point and time where…when…when he could shoot me at when…when…when it was the most beneficial time for him to shoot me.”
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-04-2014 at 12:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. So it was contempt of cop that got him killed.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Wow. So it was contempt of cop that got him killed.
    If that testimony doesn't convince then I don't even know what possibly would.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Your law abiding citizen is not going to tell… going to ask you, why.
    Reminds me of, "Good citizens don't argue."
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Unreal. Seems we've heard this story before.

1. Cop shows up at wrong house.
    2. Kills innocent citizen
    3. Cleared of all charges and back on the street
    4. Because $#@! You, that's why.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

After hearing Officer Hoeppner’s partner swear under oath that Mr. Waller pointed his gun, a Tarrant County grand jury declined to indict the rookie cop. Both officers had been with the department for under one year.
    5% bad... Riiiiiiiiiight.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

And these idiots are who government arms!

Lord help us...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After hearing Officer Hoeppner’s partner swear under oath that Mr. Waller pointed his gun, a Tarrant County grand jury declined to indict the rookie cop. Both officers had been with the department for under one year.
    And this same "partner" was fired for giving false statements in another case.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    And this same "partner" was fired for giving false statements in another case.
    Oh, my!

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A Fort Worth police officer involved in the fatal shooting of an armed homeowner has been fired in an unrelated case.

In a statement, Police Chief Jeffrey Halstead says Officer Benjamin B. Hanlon was fired for falsifying an arrest affidavit in an Aug. 9 traffic stop. Halstead says drugs were found on the suspect during jail booking, but Hanlon's affidavit stated that they were found on the suspect at the scene of the traffic stop.

Hanlon was still on probation, so his firing can't be appealed.

Hanlon was one of two officers who went to an east Fort Worth home on a burglary call before dawn May 28. But they went to the wrong house, encountered 72-year-old Jerry Waller and shot him dead when he refused to drop his handgun.
    http://pro.wbap-af.tritonflex.com/co...1083&is_corp=0

Sadly, he brought this on himself. It's a tragedy, but the officer is innocent. Looks like another case of suicide by cop.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Sadly, he brought this on himself. It's a tragedy, but the officer is innocent. Looks like another case of suicide by cop.
    Can I assume sarcasm?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Can I assume sarcasm?
    Yes.

[It's from another thread]
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Who employs the county Grand Jury?

There's your answer... and I'm sure you'll find they are somehow related to employees within the .gov system. The $#@!s all rigged today.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post

There's your answer... and I'm sure you'll find they are somehow related to employees within the .gov system. The $#@!s all rigged today.
    Asking the police to police the police......

"Just-Us"

1 out of 9 people work for the government.

ETA: That is of what I would call an "official capacity." The number is surely higher.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

ETA: That is of what I would call an "official capacity." The number is surely higher.
    How many of those are soldiers, cops, or tax collectors? I think that number may be the more important number, beause I'd be hard pressed to believe that the public librarian is more "pro-government" than anyone else when it comes to this sort of thing.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

How many of those are soldiers, cops, or tax collectors? I think that number may be the more important number, beause I'd be hard pressed to believe that the public librarian is more "pro-government" than anyone else when it comes to this sort of thing.
    You have to figure in cop family members too -- I figure they'd be most desired as jurors when the actions of an LEO are being considered.

If I recall correctly (maybe I'm wrong, it's been a couple of years) on the jury selection form here in TX there's a box you are supposed to check if you've ever had a relative who served as a "peace officer." Seems like a great way to pick jurors who are likely to be sympathetic to law enforcement officers.

Though I'd rather see it be an automatic disqualification, since a lot of family members of cops see themselves as part of the "brotherhood" also.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 02-04-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Of course.

I haven't looked into it too deeply. The number would disturb me. The number already disturbs me.

How many people work, versus how many collect? We are speaking absurdly one sided numbers. Much more than the 1 in 9 I've been conservatively using. This is an entire society based upon what one can get from another. 25,000,000 people work for the government at an "official capacity." That doesn't include the builders of death, or those collecting. How many do benefit by this propped up legal plundering?

We are speaking of greater than 50/50 who have an incentive to keep things the way they are. Greater than 75/25. It is no wonder the police cannot be made to face trial, and if do are acquitted, and that not a thing can be cut.

I think Lysander Spooner summed it up best in No Treason, Section I:

Sixth. It is not improbable that many or most of the worst of governments --- although established by force, and by a few, in the first place --- come, in time, to be supported by a majority. But if they do, this majority is composed, in large part, of the most ignorant, superstitious, timid, dependent, servile, and corrupt portions of the people; of those who have been over-awed by the power, intelligence, wealth, and arrogance; of those who have been deceived by the frauds; and of those who have been corrupted by the inducements, of the few who really constitute the government. Such majorities, very likely, could be found in half, perhaps nine-tenths, of all the countries on the globe. What do they prove? Nothing but the tyranny and corruption of the very governments that have reduced so large portions of [*9] the people to their present ignorance, servility, degradation, and corruption; an ignorance, servility, degradation, and corruption that are best illustrated in the simple fact that they do sustain governments that have so oppressed, degraded, and corrupted them. They do nothing towards proving that the governments themselves are legitimate; or that they ought to be sustained, or even endured, by those who understand their true character. The mere fact, therefore, that a government chances to be sustained by a majority, of itself proves nothing that is necessary to be proved, in order to know whether such government should be sustained, or not.
    If I could scream said point loud enough at someone for them to simply understand it.... I probably would.

If I could scream said point loud enough at someone for them to simply understand it.... I probably would.
    If I speak,
    At one constant volume,
    At one constant pitch,
    At one constant rhythm,
    Right into your ear,
    You still won't hear,
    You still won't hear
    You still won't hear, you still won't hear
    You still won't hear...

That's just the beginning.

Now let's add on the number of people related to that 1 in 9. Spouses and kids are likely going to hear a very pro-statist view from the family member who is putting food on the table by working for the government.

How many times have you heard a cop's wife/kid/sibling launch the old "you just don't understand!" defense?

Now let's take a look at the remaining population. Among those who don't have a close relative employed by the state, how many are *receiving* goodies from the state? How many are getting housing subsidies, welfare, food stamps, fuel and heating assistance, free medical and other forms of government largesse? How many of those are going to view "Uncle Sugar" as a bad guy as long as they're "gettin stuff!" from the state?

And among the paltry numbers of the proud, hard working souls who are left, how many of those come from households where it is viewed as patriotic to blindly support the police because they're "protecting" us?

Anyone think we're probably approaching about seven or eight out of ten?

THIS is why we're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    That's just the beginning.

Now let's add on the number of people related to that 1 in 9. Spouses and kids are likely going to hear a very pro-statist view from the family member who is putting food on the table by working for the government.

How many times have you heard a cop's wife/kid/sibling launch the old "you just don't understand!" defense?

Now let's take a look at the remaining population. Among those who don't have a close relative employed by the state, how many are *receiving* goodies from the state? How many are getting housing subsidies, welfare, food stamps, fuel and heating assistance, free medical and other forms of government largesse? How many of those are going to view "Uncle Sugar" as a bad guy as long as they're "gettin stuff!" from the state?

And among the paltry numbers of the proud, hard working souls who are left, how many of those come from households where it is viewed as patriotic to blindly support the police because they're "protecting" us?

Anyone think we're probably approaching about seven or eight out of ten?

THIS is why we're screwed.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    I see a severe imbalance in the way this forum tends to treat cops vs. the way military people are respected:
    Our military is just as brutal and murderous in several USA occupied countries, so why is this forum generally pro-military pro baby killers?

Note: I'm not saying we should all be anti-military, just more consistent and fair. Either be easier on the average cop, or much tougher on our men overseas.
    That's almost certainly not going to happen - at least, not just on general or abstract principle.

The reason for this is that the cops are employed in the War on Us - while the military is employed in the War on Them.

It's the same reason that people around here are going to bitch more about the US government than about the North Korean government - or more about Abraham Lincoln than about Jefferson Davis. It's not that ALL of those things don't deserve to be bitched about - they all do. But people are quite naturally & understandably going bitch with more frequency & intensity about the boots that are proximate to their necks than the ones that are not. (If the US Army ever starts bashing down doors & killing people here in America, for example, then you can bet your ass that RPFs will get one hell of a lot more "anti-military" ... but until then, cops are going to continue to get the lion's share of the "hate" ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-05-2014 at 08:02 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Beat me to it.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I’m pretty sure I told you this; but I wanna reiterate that he…umm, his…his attitude towards us was very malicious.” “It…it was not, pro-police at all.” “ He did not seem happy that, that we were there.”
    Now why oh why would the dead man who was murdered by your team take that attitude Mr. police guy?

That is Cane Mutiny delusional right there.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

“It…it was not, pro-police at all.” “ He did not seem happy that, that we were there.”

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Some well thought out and strongly worded, but polite, letters of disapproval will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Some well thought out and strongly worded, but polite, letters of disapproval will fix this.
    Those letters only provide a means to Legitamize the existence of an already corrupt system. "Dear Sir or Ma'am, we surrender. Now this is what we want. Beat us less severely. -Signed The Mundanes".
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Correct on one count: Polite. Make sure to use "Please" and "Please, sir." Do not use strong words or voice disapproval lest you be considered as one who is not "pro-police." Remember these are peace offic...errrr..law enforcement officers. We cannot know the stress they are under.

i'm on it.

who's with me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast