Thread: Mark Dice - Repeal the 2nd Amendment and Execute Registered Gun Owners!

Mark Dice - Repeal the 2nd Amendment and Execute Registered Gun Owners!

Dice isnt the problem, the problem are the stupid people that thoughtlessly sign everyones Rights away.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stare into the abyss.

Stygian darkness stares back.

God help us.

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Dear Mark,

Get people to sign up for their own execution.

H_O_L_Y S_H_I_T
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Now a days the future freedoms of ones posterity is less important than the freedom today to insert what one wants into ones posterior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

You should remember that.

I wonder how many of those interviewed are Americans. Yes, I know, I'm grasping.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I thought Dice tried too hard on the last one. When you get someone "on the fence" like that, you take the opportunity to actually educate them. Its one thing to make fun of the terminally stupid (Which I am fine with), its another thing entirely to try to turn someone on the fence away from liberty just to make a point.

On the other hand, most of those people were just dumb and immediately signed
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

He's done this so many times it's lost it's shock value

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mark commented under the vid:

In this petition serious (see the playlist on my YouTube home page for the others) I fill a petition with over a dozen signatures in about 15 minutes. I only show about half of the people so the video isn't too long and redundant, cuz you get the point after a few minutes. In many cases 80% of the people who I ask, will sign. 
    I wondered about that, and now I know.

I need a drink.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I think there may be a flaw in his methodology.

Its not a scientific study, but not all the variables are being considered. When behavioral tests are run on mice, observers put a mouse into a cage and introduce some change that is the subject of the study. What isnt considered to be tested is the Cage itself. By changing the cage, making it either smaller and uncomfortable, or larger and more befitting of a natural enviornment, the conclusion drawn by the the study often yeilds entirely different results.

The part of Mark's study that is flawed is not so much the responses of the people, but the inclusion of the Camera as part of the test.

"We're watching YOU, mundane. Now do you support Obama?" People wont just reply "Yes", they are going to reply "Yes, Sir" and bow their heads in submission. The subjects of the test KNOW they are being watched. They do not know to what degree. If Fifty Battle Ready Cops turned their focus entirely to you, you are unarmed and alone, are you going to show defiance if ANY order is given? Some will but most will not.

Really, thats the only thing wrong with Mark's video series. Just do a better job of hiding the Camera.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I disagree that these people are dumb. There is some psychology behind getting the power of suggestion by putting people on the spot that aren't accustomed to dealing with it. Mark Dice understands this, which is how he can make these videos. He also knows people like to pass these videos around so they can make fun of the people in them. Same reason people like to watch reality TV and celebrity trainwrecks. Somehow makes them feel better about their own lives.

Very sad the Zombies that walk amongst us.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Sorry Mark, petitions don't change the CONstitution.

DUH!

Any other "brilliant" ideas?

This doesn't mean people actually believe it, when a very big/aggressive person approaches you asking to do something, a lot of times people will just do it to not have to deal with this person or temporarily appease them. Like at grocery store exits this happens a lot, people bugging you to sign things just so I can get on my way.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I disagree that these people are dumb. There is some psychology behind getting the power of suggestion by putting people on the spot that aren't accustomed to dealing with it. Mark Dice understands this, which is how he can make these videos. He also knows people like to pass these videos around so they can make fun of the people in them. Same reason people like to watch reality TV and celebrity trainwrecks. Somehow makes them feel better about their own lives.
    I think most of these people deserve to be made fun of, TBH. Its kind of mean, but if you aren't willing to stand up for your freedom when it is challenged in such a blatantly obvious way, you deserve ridicule.

The only thing I wish Dice hadn't done is continued to pester the last guy. He should have taken the time to try to get him to see a liberty minded viewpoint.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Related:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...t-rise-sheeple

Currently, a clever young man, Mark Dice is producing a series of videos in which he approaches strangers in public places in the US and asks them to sign a prepared petition that he is holding. Invariably, Mark behaves in a polite, congenial manner and makes a clear effort to appear as harmless as possible. However, the subjects of his petitions are the antithesis of his demeanour. The subject of a Dice petition may be the repeal of the Second Amendment to the Constitution, a move to assure that old people are exterminated under Obamacare, or, as in the attached video, to ask potential petition signers to support Karl Marx as the next president of the US.

In each video, Mark's approach is the same. He chooses a large, open public space, dresses casually and hands his clipboard to someone who is passing and politely asks for his signature in support of a concept that is ludicrous. He does this with a straight face and always behaves pleasantly. Once the passer-by has taken the clipboard and is looking for the place to sign, Mark describes details (again, in a pleasant manner) of what is being proposed [...]

Invariably, the prospective signers seem not to take in the significance of what Mark is saying. They seem to be focused more on where they are supposed to sign. No matter how many horrific details Mark offers the signers to provoke them to think about what they are signing, nothing seems to sink in. Of course, we recognise that the video may contain only those people who were actually empty-headed enough to sign, and, surely, there were others who refused. However, this does not alter the fact that so many people simply "go along," seemingly oblivious to what they are signing. Surely, for any reader of this publication, these videos will be both entertaining and exasperating, as they demonstrate the stupidity and complacency of so many people.

However, if we look a little deeper, what we see in the videos is even more revealing—to the point that we might consider that the "sheeple" we are observing are not simply buffoons; they pose a threat to our personal future. [...]

If we were to imagine a Mark Dice in Germany in late 1930s Berlin, stopping people in a friendly way to ask for their signatures on a petition that, say, called for the extermination of Jews, they might well have signed, finding it easier to "go along" than to question the validity of the idea being proposed. The reason? Well, at some point in the destruction of a democracy, a mild fear sets in the minds of a people that all will not turn out well. At that point, many begin to shut down. Their ability to react to outrageous developments fades into a state of numbness. It no longer matters how irrational the proposal may be, it is simply accepted on the face of it, as it is easier to "go along" than to question. It is also less distressing. If we watch the video that is attached, we may shake our heads that the petition signers do not react to the idea that a dead man (Karl Marx) is running for president. Neither do they react to the suggestion that they show support for Obama's "communist agenda." Neither do they react to the suggestion of a full communist takeover. This does not necessarily mean that the petition signers are incredibly stupid. What it means is that they have chosen to tune out. It is best not to think. The petitioner is pleasant, and it does not pay to contest the issues in question. It is easier to simply sign. At some point in the future, interviewers may ask Americans, "How could you just sit by whilst the atrocities occurred?" Americans may shrug their shoulders and say that they were not really aware of what was happening. If and when this comes to pass, will they be lying? Possibly not. It may be that those who had simply "tuned out" were no longer cognizant of the meaning of events around them and were functioning as automatons—servants of the American Reich.

It is sadly true that the signing of a Mark Dice petition is a mere symptom of a greater concern—the conversion of the American people from a once-proud culture of self-determination, to a lesser species of cooperative sheeple....
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    This doesn't mean people actually believe it, when a very big/aggressive person approaches you asking to do something, a lot of times people will just do it to not have to deal with this person or temporarily appease them. Like at grocery store exits this happens a lot, people bugging you to sign things just so I can get on my way.
    Do you sign things just so you can get on your way?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Now a days the future freedoms of ones posterity is less important than the freedom today to insert what one wants into ones posterior.
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

You should remember that.

Wow that is pretty lame--so you would sign anything just so you can be on your way? When I have run across people like that I say very sternly-- "no thank you I am not interested" and get on my way.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    ^^ that's what I was talking about. It's a technique that has other applications, like direct marketing. When they teach it, they will literally tell you to look at people like they are sheep and cows.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yeah, this is not really scientific. First of all, we only see the people who actually stop, for whatever reason. That is a huge filter right there. Are these people who are looking to please? Are they extra agreeable? Are they extra obedient? After that, you have the whole syndrome of people being on the spot, and not really thinking. Once they stop, have they already made a decision? Did you say something that triggered them to agree, and they will happily ignore everything after that decision has been made? ("This is to support Obama...") After that, are they going to sign as fast as they can just to get away? There may be a certain lack of street smarts in the people that stop.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Dice isnt the problem, the problem are the stupid people that thoughtlessly sign everyones Rights away.
    If he tried that here in WV, he might get beaten with an iron bar.

I thought the video was droll... mildly funny in a pathetic way.

And now I sign off because my cat is drinking my tea.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

"It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We

Pray for reset.

This doesn't mean people actually believe it, when a very big/aggressive person approaches you asking to do something, a lot of times people will just do it to not have to deal with this person or temporarily appease them.
    That just makes it even worse. Is there any reason at all to imagine that these people would do any differently if the "very big/aggressive person" is replaced with "the government" ... ?

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)
    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito · fiat justitia ruat caelum ·

I have a problem with Dice's method. Sure there are plenty of idiots out there but he's editing out any pro-freedom responses. There was a video posted here not long ago that "proved" college students oppose Obamacare in the same way. I wish I could find it but searching anything obamacare on the forum isn't easy. Everyone had the same opinion. Mark Dice is a fear monger and his videos are not accurate.

I'm pretty sure the camera person is out of site of the people signing it so that isn't really a good excuse.

Also I'll bet Mark Dice gets a lot of tang, he's really good at getting people to do $#@!.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I have a problem with Dice's method. Sure there are plenty of idiots out there but he's editing out any pro-freedom responses. There was a video posted here not long ago that "proved" college students oppose Obamacare in the same way. I wish I could find it but searching anything obamacare on the forum isn't easy. Everyone had the same opinion. Mark Dice is a fear monger and his videos are not accurate.
    He doesn't edit out all of the pro freedom responses, some of them do turn him down and he said he keeps about 80% of the takes he does. I guess we will have to take his word for it, but honestly I'm ok with him editing out pro-freedom responses and just showing the people who are signing it on really poor terms, that's the whole point. It's nice that he gives us a gauge of how many people that is, but honestly the fact that he can find that many people out there is pretty outrageous.

And yes, admittedly he starts adding a lot of the really bad stuff towards the end - starts out with something Obama wanted and ends up with executing gun owners or putting them in camps. But a lot of people hear this and don't seem to bat an eye. Yes they are signing a document and not paying much attention but obviously they are catching enough of it in many cases where they should be asking some questions or crossing their name out.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Mark Dice had a fake dispute with Alex Jones in order to attract former and skeptical followers of Alex Jones in order to keep people chasing ghosts and not organizing effectively.

His petitions are part of a demoralization campaign and designed to make petitions look invalid in case there ever is a petition put together about a serious issue that millions of Americans sign.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I thought Dice tried too hard on the last one. When you get someone "on the fence" like that, you take the opportunity to actually educate them. Its one thing to make fun of the terminally stupid (Which I am fine with), its another thing entirely to try to turn someone on the fence away from liberty just to make a point.

On the other hand, most of those people were just dumb and immediately signed
    Good point, he could have engaged the ones who resisted with thoughtful conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.