Thread: Auction 197 acres - Preppers Paradise - 1403 Edwards Hollow Road, Cornersville, Tennessee

Auction 197 acres - Preppers Paradise - 1403 Edwards Hollow Road, Cornersville, Tennessee

A good friend of mine is executor of his family trust and is about to auction off this property. He'll be getting video and pictures this weekend along with all the details for questions that serious buyers will have.

He'll be setting up an information site for the auction and is advertising the property as a Preppers Paradise.

The Auction is March 15th.

He is expecting bids in the range from 250k - 750k.

I do know the property is spring fed and has 5 lakes and is bordering 2 rivers.
    Last edited by newbitech; 02-24-2014 at 08:01 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you sure that address is right? Looked it up on google map and I don't see any rivers anywhere near. Don't see a junkyard either. Do see some small ponds that might be on the property.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    A good friend of mine is executor of his family trust and is about to auction off this property. He'll be getting video and pictures this weekend along with all the details for questions that serious buyers will have.

He'll be setting up an information site for the auction and is advertising the property as a Preppers Paradise.

The Auction is March 15th.

He is expecting bids in the range from 250k - 750k.

The one major competing bidder is the property owner next to this property that wants to expand his junk yard business.

I do know the property is spring fed and has 5 lakes and is bordering 2 rivers.
    Spring fed next to a junk yard? That could be a problem.
    "The Patriarch"

I wish I could afford something like that. Don't even have close to that amount. If I had that much money I'd already be living the life.

yes this is the right address, there are actually 3 tracks, I don't have the addresses to the other 2. I'll have more details later.

Not bad; would be better (for a SHTF location) if it were on the Cumberland Plateau.

When it is sold , I would be interested in the price per acre .

we are having a meeting tonight with the trust to ask important questions about the property that is going up for auction March 15th. If anyone is interested in asking specific questions, let me know.

I'll be providing details later this week including the contact info for the local property appraiser and the county clerks office. Also, I asked again about the junk yard, and I guess I was confused about a different property that is North Carolina. The junkyard at the TN property is 18 miles away and is at a lower elevation. So the spring fed well shouldn't be contaminated. The water has been tested many times and the family has been drinking the water for 40 years there.

The representative from the trust will be at the property starting tomorrow for the next 10 days getting pictures and videos.

More updates later tonight.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Not bad; would be better (for a SHTF location) if it were on the Cumberland Plateau.
    actually, take a look

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cumbe...&ved=0CLIBELYD

The property is just about 20 miles due west of the southern portion of the Cumberland Plateau.

It's about 10-15 miles due south of Columbia, TN.

Got a functional website up with the details, btw.

http://www.preppersparadiseacres.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It awesome that my circumstances led me 1000 miles from where I grew up to that very location!!! 3 Ponds, a running creek, a well, limited access....and no it isn't for sale. All before anyone even talked about what a SHTF location was. For us country folks we already knew all that stuff.

Another quick update, my friend just let me know that if anyone wants to take a look at the property before the auction, he is there now and will take you out on a quad tour of the property so you can see the creeks and ponds, the hillside etc.

I'll be updating the web with contact information if you want to set that up. You may also contact me here. He said you can camp out for the night, or even stay in the house that is on the property. I'll be heading up the weekend of the auction myself to get my own tour.

Just sad that I don't have the resources to get in on the bidding.

They would probably get a lot of free publicity if they would accept Bitcoin.

If you accepted Bitcoin for a purchase like this when BTC was at $1000 how would that have worked out for you today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungeebones View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If you accepted Bitcoin for a purchase like this when BTC was at $1000 how would that have worked out for you today?
    Not so good today, but possibly very good in the future.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Bungeebones View Post
    It's a forced state auction. So that wouldn't be possible since the cash buyer money goes into escrow at the time of sale then the judge divides the proceeds. State obviously is not going to accept bitcoin at this time.

Good idea tho. If it was up to my friend, the family would have parceled the land and sold it in smaller chunks. He is also aware of bitcoin. He is primarily precious metals investor tho. When I mentioned bitcoin to him, he blew it off cause he has issues just checking email.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The 77 acres (flat land, no structure) went for $234,000. The 177 acres with the homestead went for $308,000.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    The 77 acres (flat land, no structure) went for $234,000. The 177 acres with the homestead went for $308,000.
    Thanks . So 3k an acre .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thanks . So 3k an acre .
    3038 for the flatland, 1740 for the homestead. I'm sure if it were not a forced auction the homestead could have brought closer to 3k an acre. We know of several other properties in the area that were sold for between 2k and 3k an acre.

I would say that the 3k an acre is a good figure to judge other properties between these two areas by. Flatland would appear to draw a much steeper premium, so perhaps in a sell the 77 acres would have brought more than 3k an acre.