Thread: Feds threatening Michigan family farm with armed raid

Feds threatening Michigan family farm with armed raid

Feds threatening Michigan family farm with armed raid

Friday, January 31, 2014
    by: J. D. Heyes

A Michigan farmer says he could be facing an armed raid by government agents soon, following a lengthy disagreement with state Department of Natural Resources officials over his refusal to obey an order to kill his feral pigs.

Mark Baker, owner of Baker's Green Acres, told Natural News in an interview that he was informed recently by a former business associate that local state and federal agriculture officials have been forbidden from contacting him because he is potentially dangerous.

In particular, he said, one USDA field agent whom the associate identified as Tom Gallagher, allegedly labeled Baker, a disabled U.S. Air Force veteran, as a "gun-wielding lunatic" and said agency supervisors have made it clear that only "armed DNR [Department of Natural Resources] agents" are allowed to visit Baker's property.

"[H]e stated vehemently that he and any other MDARD [Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development] employee[s] were expressly forbidden from visiting or in any way contacting Mark Baker or Baker's Green Acres," Baker said in a letter to the Missaukee County Sheriff's Department, informing law enforcement officials of the incident. "This was an order that 'came down from the top.' He also stated that only 'armed DNR agents' would visit our farm and that [I] was portrayed as a 'gun-wielding lunatic.'"

"I consider this to be a threat to me and my family," Baker, who retired from the Air Force, wrote.

Continued...

This is Mark Baker's web site: http://bakersgreenacres.com/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not giving Natural News any clicks.

Last I heard there were 4 farmers, including Baker, suing the DNR because the regulations were so ambiguous.

The whole thing smacks of big pork. Michigan already has a law on the books to deal with feral pigs. You can shoot them any time they are on your property. If you have a hunting license for any other kind of animal (like deer) , you can shoot them anywhere and anytime you can legally hunt whatever you're actually hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Last I heard there were 4 farmers, including Baker, suing the DNR because the regulations were so ambiguous.

The whole thing smacks of big pork. Michigan already has a law on the books to deal with feral pigs. You can shoot them any time they are on your property. If you have a hunting license for any other kind of animal (like deer) , you can shoot them anywhere and anytime you can legally hunt whatever you're actually hunting.
    Big Pork? You mean Big Agra, right?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sounds similar to a family who was raising sheep. They lost almost everything. Their story is in the documentary 'Farmageddon'. Found here:

http://twomovies.name/watch_movie/Farmageddon
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Big Pork? You mean Big Agra, right?
    No, I mean the big corporate pork producers. I don't think the corn and soy farmers care too much about the pigs.

same thing as the milk industry it sounds like.

Michigan already has a law on the books to deal with feral pigs. You can shoot them any time they are on your property. If you have a hunting license for any other kind of animal (like deer) , you can shoot them anywhere and anytime you can legally hunt whatever you're actually hunting.
    It's about his *refusal* to kill them, that's what I don't get. Why would anybody (especially Big Pork) give a flip?

A Michigan farmer says he could be facing an armed raid by government agents soon, following a lengthy disagreement with state Department of Natural Resources officials over his refusal to obey an order to kill his feral pigs.

Do you click Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, AP?
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    It's about his *refusal* to kill them, that's what I don't get. Why would anybody (especially Big Pork) give a flip?
    I don't know all the facts, but in general, businesses prefer less competition. If they can use government as a tool to squash competition they will. Established businesses form associations, lobby legislators to write barriers to entry and zealous government bureaucrats take care of the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.