Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday night blues thread

Monday night blues thread

C'mon now, you know you got em.

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My little has driven me to a point of near breakdown this evening. Guess there's a molar or something plus a sinus cold starting up . The normally calm and sweet angel has been a whining ball of hell since I picked her up. Momma just got here, I left as soon as she came home.

Monday night blues for sure ..

Actually I'm not even sure this is relevant to your thread, just felt like sharing

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    My little has driven me to a point of near breakdown this evening. Guess there's a molar or something plus a sinus cold starting up . The normally calm and sweet angel has been a whining ball of hell since I picked her up. Momma just got here, I left as soon as she came home.

Actually I'm not even sure this is relevant to your thread, just felt like sharing
    Of course it is. Nothing gives you the blues like a hurting child.
    "The Patriarch"

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Always loved that song.
    "The Patriarch"

On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Robert Johnson, 'Love in Vain'

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

For your Monday Blues.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

loveshiscountry

loveshiscountry

I just found out today that a former co-worker of mine, fishing buddy, and someone I've known and been friends with for 16 years, is terminal.

He was a heavy drinker for a long time, and his liver is succumbing to his addiction along with some predisposition to liver disease...
    Its a hard thing to accept, even though the news really comes as no surprise.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I just found out today that a former co-worker of mine, fishing buddy, and someone I've known and been friends with for 16 years, is terminal.

He was a heavy drinker for a long time, and his liver is succumbing to his addiction along with some predisposition to liver disease...
    Its a hard thing to accept, even though the news really comes as no surprise.

That's harsh. I haven't had to deal with that for a long time. I had a best friend drink himself to death years ago. He was a tunnel rat in 'Nam.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

On Trump:

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That's harsh. I haven't had to deal with that for a long time. I had a best friend drink himself to death years ago. He was a tunnel rat in 'Nam.
    Tunnel rat? Outside of a medic, that has got to be the single least desirable combat role there is, imo. Surviving that had to leave that soldier with some demons, for sure. What a true shame he should go by his own hand... I cant even imagine.

I really wish I could understand it, but by the time they are "overdrawn", its really too late. Those words I've heard many times, "ya gotta go some way" - I'm sure you've had the conversation with your friend as well. Those words take on a totally different meaning when the time comes to check out.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Tunnel rat? Outside of a medic, that has got to be the single least desirable combat role there is, imo. Surviving that had to leave that soldier with some demons, for sure. What a true shame he should go by his own hand... I cant even imagine.

I really wish I could understand it, but by the time they are "overdrawn", its really too late. Those words I've heard many times, "ya gotta go some way" - I'm sure you've had the conversation with your friend as well. Those words take on a totally different meaning when the time comes to check out.
    Mmmm. Ya, it's a bad story. Long story short, he came home, got spit on, his wife left and took his kids, he never really stopped beating himself.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    "The Patriarch"

This is the one and only Vito Bratta.

Blue Monday...nice and slooooow
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-27-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    C'mon now, you know you got em.

oh , I am all set for the evening , about zero out , big , badass fire , some liquor , got my Muddy Waters , in no particular order , as I have no particular place to be , here is what I have : Big Leg Woman , Short Dress Woman , Got My Mojo Working , Early Morning Blues , Streamline Woman , Thats Alright, Cold Weather Blues and Walkin' Blues .

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast