Thread: Microsoft allows Bitcoin trading app on Windows Phone

Microsoft allows Bitcoin trading app on Windows Phone

Better than Apple.

------------------------------

http://www.techienews.co.uk/975217/m...ndows-phone-8/

Microsoft has approved an update to Kraken app for Windows Phone 8 that adds Bitcoin trading capabilities to the app making it the first ever app on the platform to have such a feature, as claimed by its developer.

When initially launched, Kraken didn’t have Bitcoin trading feature, but only allowed its users to view live rates of various cryptocurrencies. The app also allowed users to configure a live tile that showed the latest rate for any cryptocurrency pair.

The developer of the app Leon Cullens then released a couple of updates to the app. The first update allowed users to view their Kraken balance, view open and closed orders while also allowing them to close any open orders. The second update incorporated the ability to open new trades directly from the app itself. Both the updates were approved by Microsoft and the app is currently live.

Cullens says that this is a major news because “Nobody really knew what Microsoft’s stance on bitcoin trading apps was before today, but by approving my app they have shown that they’re not boycotting Bitcoin.”

“That’s a huge endorsement in my opinion”, adds Cullens.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    Better than Apple.

------------------------------

http://www.techienews.co.uk/975217/m...ndows-phone-8/

That's awesome! Man I can't wait to get my documentary on cryptocurrencies started so I can start documenting all this stuff as it is happening! Which reminds me: Paladin, I don't agree with you on everything, but I want to give fair representation of all opinions on altcoins in my documentary. Would you be willing to do a either a face to face interview or a Skype interview with me a few months down the road?

Microsoft is no stranger to cryptography and electronic cash. Their Research arm did a piece "E-Cash: The Future of Money" in the late 1990s that can be read here: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/...pto/ecash.aspx

Some bullet points:
    * One-click micro-payments over the Internet: A visitor to a site clicks on a link to buy access to an article for a nickel; one click and he gets to read.
    * Anonymous payments on the Internet: People are increasingly concerned about being tracked through their purchases on the web, and worry about giving out their credit card number on sites they don't know.
    * Payments from non-traditional devices: The user would keep his wallet in a Windows CE device like a palmtop, or a smart phone, and make payment wirelessly by pointing it at a vending machine or entering a code into the phone to charge movie tickets from the car on the way to the theater.
    As you can see, were spot on with anonymous payment.

Quote Originally Posted by colin012 View Post
    That's awesome! Man I can't wait to get my documentary on cryptocurrencies started so I can start documenting all this stuff as it is happening! Which reminds me: Paladin, I don't agree with you on everything, but I want to give fair representation of all opinions on altcoins in my documentary. Would you be willing to do a either a face to face interview or a Skype interview with me a few months down the road?
    Nah I wouldn't want to give out personal info. And anything less than full disclosure comes across as cheesy.

I just talk about Bitcoin mostly with you guys, because I like Ron Paul supporters and I hate central banking with a passion. I want to see this community build more wealth for themselves so they can hopefully pay off all debts in a period of time much sooner than they could ever expect. I think voting is a waste of time. Influence is the only thing that works. Of all the political groups we need to become a lobby. This group of people deserve the wealth of the banking elite transferred to them more than anyone. Even if you stubborn asses piss me off at times I still want to help you out. lol

I kinda hate that we're limited to this board. I want to invite more people.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 01-26-2014 at 05:56 PM.

cryptocurrencies could defacto, end the fed.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Microsoft has approved an update to Kraken app for Windows Phone 8 that adds Bitcoin trading capabilities to the app making it the first ever app on the platform to have such a feature, as claimed by its developer.
    That isn't true. BitcoinCan is another app already on the windows phone that allows trading bitcoin.
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...3-93cb26c83b11

Aaaand almost 2 months previously:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...apps-tech.html

Bitcoin Boom Spreads to IPhones With Mobile-Payment Apps
    By Olga Kharif Dec 5, 2013 1:32 PM ET

Matt Tuzzolo, who used to split restaurant bills by sending money via PayPal, now wields his iPhone to pay his fellow diners -- in Bitcoins.

Not that I really care about platform wars, but you should probably spend 15 seconds on a Google search before you say something dumb.

There is even one that lets you exchange cryptocurrencies by desk -- but the screenshots are all in Chinese

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitc...765080934?mt=8

Of course, both Android AND Apple run Blockchain

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bloc...493253309?mt=8

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I must admit I've enjoyed my idevices. ipad mini is nice.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I seem to like odd numbers. I had the iPhone 1; upgraded to the iPhone 3Gs; and my contract just let me upgrade super-cheap to the iPhone 5s 4 days ago. The jump from 3Gs to 5s was like taking a wormhole to a more advanced universe. I guess my next iPhone will be a 7s

The Retina display sorta blew my mind. I could do with less animation with the swipes and pans though. Watching the apps wiggle slightly makes me feel a little drunk lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I seem to like odd numbers. I had the iPhone 1; upgraded to the iPhone 3Gs; and my contract just let me upgrade super-cheap to the iPhone 5s 4 days ago. The jump from 3Gs to 5s was like taking a wormhole to a more advanced universe. I guess my next iPhone will be a 7s

The Retina display sorta blew my mind.
    I bought 4 3gs phones, with parts and tools for $100. so i'm using 3gs, and will until i get a blackphone.
    I can repair all of the above. all of them jailbroken. thinking about putting linux on one for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Aaaand almost 2 months previously:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...apps-tech.html

Not that I really care about platform wars, but you should probably spend 15 seconds on a Google search before you say something dumb.
    We're talking about trading apps.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I must admit, I enjoy my windows phone. and the kid is really enjoying his windows tablet he got for Christmas --he took to the interface like a duck to water.

We're talking about trading apps.
    Are you saying that the OP wasn't "dumb"?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I must admit, I enjoy my windows phone. and the kid is really enjoying his windows tablet he got for Christmas --he took to the interface like a duck to water.
    I'm a windows guy admitting I enjoyed the apple mobile devices, even though I rag on Mac desktops and their history.

I think I've held a realistic view on OSes and I believe Linux may find a step forward with the help of valve. If steam machines catch on, it will be another nail in ms coffin. I like ms, because of their open box standards early on we have all these hardware makers... But Linux could make the base OS a free platform the doesn't hold developers back with licensing etc.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Are you saying that the OP wasn't "dumb"?
    It wasn't "dumb". Apple is anti- Bitcoin and goes out of their way to ban BTC apps. Bitcoin Express, Bitpak, Coinbase, Gliph and Coinjar to name a few.