Thread: Press Release on seeking appointment to NC GOP Vice Chair

Press Release on seeking appointment to NC GOP Vice Chair

http://glenbradley.net/?pg=release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Former NC House Representative Glen Bradley to Seek NC Republican Party Vice Chairman Appointment

Unity coalition Constitutional legislator Glen Bradley looks to unite the generations ahead of a contentious 2014 election season.

Following the resignation of Joyce Krawiec as Vice Chair of the North Carolina Republican Party to accept an appointment as the NC State Senator for the 31st District from Forsyth County, Glen Bradley, a former member of the NC State House who served in the United States Marine Corps, and who came in a strong second in the Vice Chair Party election at the 2013 State Convention, has announced his interest in the upcoming appointment for the Vice Chairmanship of the North Carolina Republican Party.

"The 2014 election season is one of the most critical moments in North Carolina history," said Glen Bradley after learning about Mrs Krawiec's resignation, "and we stand at the threshold of this critical season as a party divided. The elder generation over 55 years old, and the younger generation under 30 years old, are pulling in different directions and leaving us without a common goal. It is when we have a common goal that we can pull together and win these critical elections. I can, and will bring these generations together, and we can, and will have a victorious election season in North Carolina in 2014."

Glen Bradley is a 40 year old self employed field network service engineer, born on September 11th 1973, and he is no stranger to solving complex problems and forming ad-hoc coalitions. Glen Bradley is one of two persons primarily responsible for the decision by the Orange County Board of Commissioners to allow their controversial ICLEI membership to lapse, has helped to lead the fight against the adoption of Common Core in North Carolina, and continues to lead the effort to educate citizens and legislators about the medical and economic harms and the lack of Article VI Constitutional pursuance of Obamacare.

Addressing the generational discohesion in the North Carolina Republican Party, Bradley said, "We have far more in common than we have that separates us. We believe in the supremacy of our federal and State Constitutions. We believe in smaller, less intrusive, and more efficient government. We believe in individual liberty and the traditional values that have made America strong. Where we err is in communicating these values in a way that people of every age, race, and background can easily grasp. If we want to achieve real, lasting victory in 2014, then we need to unite young and old, black and white, man and woman into a real coalition of common goals. More than anybody else in North Carolina today, I can do that."

The North Carolina Republican Party Executive Committee is expected to appoint a replacement Vice Chair in February.

###

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fingers crossed ... (come on, come on, ...)
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

WOOO!!!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

My speech from tonight:

I don't really plan to give you a flowery speech full of personal anecdotes and heartwarming tales, what I mean to do is to get down to brass tacks and talk about where we are and a way forward.

Right now we are as divided as we have ever been. Multiple factions are pulling in every direction, and the heat of the rhetoric is only worsened by an intense primary season. We have coming up this November perhaps the most important election in North Carolina Republican Party history, to convert a seat in the US Senate to a Republican seat.

It may well boil down to us, right here in this room, whether we take back a majority of the Senate and stop this lawless President. If we are the one seat that leaves the Senate in the hands of Harry Reid, then we will have let our entire nation down.

We have three things we have to think about going forward,

• FIRST: We have to bring the troops together after what will probably be one of the most intense primary campaigns in NC in a long time

• SECOND: We have to win our elections in November

• THIRD: we have to attract a younger generation of conservatives into the Party.

Most of the the independent-minded factions want more say in the way the Party does business, and the olive branch you offer today by my election will help them to swallow any bitter pills they may face after a primary election.

Today, at a time when it is right to be somewhat divided, we are more divided than ever, and mostly over territorialism, and petty superficial grievances built on misunderstandings and mischaracterizations. We are more divided than I have seen Republicans since the fistfight over Pat Robertson at the Second District convention in Louisburg in 1988!

We cannot carry this into the 2014 general election or we are going to get eaten alive.

Your decision to vote for me today could help ease the burden from all of this factionalism and bring forward a unified Party for the 2014 fight against Kay Hagan.

We have to win a highly contested state-wide general election with the deck stacked a bit against us. The odds I faced in the 2010 general were even worse. I won by taking unexpected voting blocks. We can win in 2014 by taking unexpected voting blocks.

The Counties and the Districts must have the tools and resources to organize, the resources and the training to reach out and win voters, and the Candidates must have access to their Republican organizations.

By turning out your own party and then winning some unexpected voting blocks, you win elections. My work in this office will do both, unify the independents ahead of November to get our own party to the polls, plus expand our reach to carry new voters in November.

And finally, and do please listen to me now ladies and gentlemen, we have to start bringing in the under 30 demographics or our Party will soon suffer a generational crisis. I know that everybody in this room today has spoken at length on this issue alone, what kind of America will we leave our children and our grandchildren if they are left with the Democrats alone?

There is one conservative philosophy that is reaching the Millennial generation, and that is Constitutional conservatism -- like old school Republicans Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater. You might just find that if we were more welcoming of constitutional conservatives within our ranks, and more willing to accomplish some of the actual goals of Constitutional conservatives in the way of policy, that would would find the under 30's flocking to our party and our candidates like we were the next best new video game.

Nothing will send the message that the Republican Party of North Carolina is welcoming to constitutional conservatives than electing one to the post of Vice Chairman of the State Party.

We are at the cusp of a very important decision, and we must decide now how the future histories of our era will be written. Will we be written amongst those who worked to protect and preserve the American way of life, or amongst those who have destroyed it with an utter lack of vision?

I am not here because I want to be the Vice Chairman of the Republican Party, I am here because the United States faces an existential crisis and I am doing everything in my power to save her from perdition.

A huge part of that process is uniting the conservative base, organizing the Republican ranks, and drawing new voters, members, and officers into the Republican fold, and that is the business of the Vice Chairman of the North Carolina State Republican Party.

This is how we will open our outreach to the next generation, this is how we will win the election in November, and this is how we will heal the party from all the division tearing us apart during this intense primary season.

So I am asking for your support to unify and grow this Party, and in order to do that I am asking for your vote for Glen Bradley for Vice Chairman of the North Carolina State Republican Party.

164 votes were counted from among the 161 registered committee members present (several having left prior to the vote), and I lost 120 to 44. We chose to officially lodge this fact into the minutes rather than demanding a re-vote.

The world is changing, and it has already changed. In 10 years, the Republican Party will have either embraced Constitutional conservatism, or it will have abandoned one of the larger and fastest growing voter blocks in America, and probably never win another major election again.

I suppose I make a bad politician because I look in 10 year blocks instead of 2 year blocks. In 10 years, America will be all but unrecognizable to the people now claiming a death grip on the status quo. Whether it's by technological advancement, demographic shifting, or extraordinary disaster. We can't do that much about disasters, but we can account for the upcoming generational imbalance, if only we are willing to.

Look at what the left is doing to win the Millennials:

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...generation.pdf

There is only one Republican I know of that makes Millennials spontaneously explode into stadiums by their thousands, but we aren't allowed to talk about him.

So what are WE doing to win the next generation? You know the same stuff from the last 50 years isn't going to work, right? We have this new Internet thing. We can all see what's been tried before, and where it all leads.

I am telling you that a government that strictly obeys the Constitution has been tried before, and it led to the most prosperous and free nation the world has ever known.

Now the train has jumped the tracks and it is heading for disaster. My solution is to stop the train and put it back on it's tracks. The tracks are the constitution, and once the government is under control, the people can be free again, and prosperity comes with freedom.

Millennials respect that argument, and can be torn directly from the clutches of Elizabeth Warren with it. Be ready though, all the questions about consequences will come, but once you separate the quality of worldly government from human liberty and make man sovereign, you pick up support from across the entire spectrum of political beliefs.

And it is fundamentally a conservative argument. Conserving the original intent of the constitution. A constitutional conservative. The exact same platform as Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater. The very same political movement that led to Ronald Reagan.

There is nothing new to Republicanism here, and it turns out this is the key to unlocking the millennial generation for conservatives. The question that remains is, do we want them or not?

Are we willing to fight the Democrats for supremacy over the politics of the next 30 years, or not? If all we are going to do is just surrender the millennial generation over to the liberal progressives, then we will not continue as a dominant Party in American politics.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    164 votes were counted from among the 161 registered committee members present (several having left prior to the vote), and I lost 120 to 44. We chose to officially lodge this fact into the minutes rather than demanding a re-vote.
    Great speech, sorry you didn't win but you're rockin' that beard - looks good on ya.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am sorry you did not win Republicans in NC seem kinda dense..

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Great speech, sorry you didn't win but you're rockin' that beard - looks good on ya.
    If it came down to speeches, he would have won hands down. His opponent sounded disjointed, devoid of vision, and rambled on about her past glory days. Too bad. We deserve better. And sorry to say, we wouldn't have had to drive all the way down to Concord and back if we'd elected the right candidate last June. One thing about Glen, he's not the type to run off six months after he's elected to do a job, just because he spotted a better gig.