Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul Delivers Response to President's State of the Union Address - Jan. 28, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    [T]he establishment must want us to get to know her for a reason. Keep an eye on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew5 View Post
    [T]hey can gauge the public's reaction to her for possible VP slot.
    Adequate hydration is key.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so looks like he will be on MTP this Sunday and then appear on multiple Sunday shows the next weekend...

Next week, however, Paul will not speak as a tea party spokesman. Instead, he will prerecord his rebuttal in his Senate office and publish it on YouTube soon after the president finishes. He will then appear on CNN and Fox News that night and sit for several Sunday show interviews later in the week, all part of his drive to draw attention to his critique.

At the moment, Paul’s top advisers, such as Doug Stafford and Sergio Gor, are focused on broadening Paul’s national reach while simultaneously keeping him close to the GOP’s conservative base, who they hope will share Paul’s video response on social media. Next week’s push will be a multi-platform, multi-faceted effort, a Paul aide said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-of-the-union/
    Last edited by jct74; 01-24-2014 at 12:39 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a great opportunity for Rand. If there are no openings, then bust through the wall and make one. Just like having a press conference in front of the white house. It shows great initiative and many opportunities to increase name recognition and at the same time show how he can be "presidential".

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Nobody even knows Cathy McMorris Rodgers. Whoever thought up the idea of having her give the SOTU response should be fired.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
    Politically it makes sense. She's clean and mostly unknown, female, white. Unless she has a Rubio water moment she will be assumed to be a fresh 2016 candidate.

on topic:
    iirc, Ron Paul did similar personal responses to SOTU on youtube during election campaigns.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Worst. Decision. Ever.
    Nobody cares who gives the response. Barley anyone cares that the president does a state of the union speech in the first place. The GOP is riddled with much worse decisions then to have a establishment woman do the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew5 View Post
    A: lol The university has a polling institute...

B: Will you roll your eyes at those young people in 2016 or will you want their votes?
    Actually, it was a response to the MANY posts that have blamed older Americans (anyone over 30... lol) for everything under the sun. While touting the youth of America as the great savior.

Sorry if turnabout wasn't fair play in your eyes. I thought it was rather funny.

As far as who they vote for, that will be up to them. After turning out for Obama in huge numbers twice even, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Actually, it was a response to the MANY posts that have blamed older Americans (anyone over 30... lol) for everything under the sun. While touting the youth of America as the great savior.

Sorry if turnabout wasn't fair play in your eyes. I thought it was rather funny.

As far as who they vote for, that will be up to them. After turning out for Obama in huge numbers twice even, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I'd trust the youth much more then I would the people who for the past 20+ years that got us in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    I'd trust the youth much more then I would the people who for the past 20+ years that got us in this mess.
    I'll not be trusting any group when it comes to voting - old, young or whatever.

"Two wolves and a sheep" ... and guess what's for lunch?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...merican-values
    “This is a Democrat [sic] party that has no interest in working with Republicans — one that’s openly hostile to American values and the Constitution,” said McMorris Rodgers, a member of the House Republican Leadership.
    “Just look at President Obama’s actions on Obamacare and immigration — he has been using unprecedented executive power to rule by decree: The Left will stop at nothing to achieve their goals,” added McMorris Rodgers.
    It is ironic because she wants to pass Obama's amnesty agenda and rescue Obamacare.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

It may have been the youth vote of 3.5 million that vanished from Obama in 2008 to 2012 though. He lost 3.5 million votes in the general election, and still won it, because Mitt Romney didn't pick up many votes over what John McCain had.

On this though, is Rand attending the speech and then delivering his. Or, is this pre-tapped, and will air immediately after? I hope he has his talking points down......................

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    On this though, is Rand attending the speech and then delivering his. Or, is this pre-tapped, and will air immediately after? I hope he has his talking points down......................
    Someone else said somewhere that it was going to be released on YouTube and pumped over social media, with Rand making the rounds on cable TV interviews and the Sunday pundit shows.

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)

King Rips Alternative SOTU Rebuttals

JANUARY 28, 2014 7:16 PM
    BY DAN FRIEDMAN

Just in case you weren’t sure about how Rep. Peter King (R-L.I.) feels about the proliferating conservative responses to the State of the Union, he is not a fan.

King, like many Republicans, said separate Tea Party style responses from Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) detract from Republican messaging by confusing the reaction.

"They're just cutting in on the real Republican response,” King said.

King, who borders on acting as a ful-time critic of Paul, whose libertarian national security stances King loathes, said Paul is “just trying to stick his face in on national coverage.”

King said a separate Spanish language response by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, which is expected to closely mirror the official GOP reaction from Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers, on the other hand, isn’t a problem.

That is “fine,” King said. “That’s a different audience Republicans wouldn’t normally get.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/...sotu-rebuttals

I imagine that EVERY politician will deliver a SOTU Response. Title is bogus and alludes that this is the Republican response

I wonder if Rand will respond live or if he pre-recorded (which would take a lot of punch out of his response, I would think)?

Catch it here.....sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorRandPaul
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

he'll be on CNN and Fox after the speech too, according to this article from last weeK:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-of-the-union/

Can I get a $#@! you King in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    I imagine that EVERY politician will deliver a SOTU Response. Title is bogus and alludes that this is the Republican response
    Most of the responses will not be televised, especially not just after the SOTU by the bulk of channels.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Title is bogus and alludes that this is the Republican response
    Title is fine and says exactly what it is: "*a* State of the Union response" (and not "*the* Republican response").

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Title is fine and says exactly what it is: "*a* State of the Union response" (and not "*the* Republican response").
    I added "a" a few minutes ago, in response to the criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I added "a" a few minutes ago, in response to the criticism.
    Ah, I see! Well, nevermind me, then ... sorry, UA!

For my next feat, I'll be sticking a fork into an electrical outlet ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-28-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Ah, I see! Well, nevermind me, then ... sorry, UA!

For my next feat, I'll be sticking a fork into an electrical outlet ...
    http://media2.giphy.com/media/13666jzV2VKIfe/giphy.gif

removed IMG tags, that gif was not easy on the eyes.
    Last edited by asurfaholic; 01-28-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    No - No - No - No

bump
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

//
    Last edited by jct74; 01-28-2014 at 09:58 PM.

i loved it. thought it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Very good. The set-up was very Presidential looking. The content was great, although I would call this an economic speech more than a SOTU. Maybe the SOTU should be nothing more than a financial statement.

It might be a little long and complex for the average American.

Nobody even knows Cathy McMorris Rodgers. Whoever thought up the idea of having her give the SOTU response should be fired.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
    She came off very well. A polished public speaker. She doesn't seem like she would make the same slip ups that Rubio or Palin have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    She was considered a potential VP pick for Romney, probably only cause she is a woman and establishment-friendly.
    After tonight's speech, she is the front runner for 2016 GOP VP pick. The establishment dream. A competent spokesperson, fully on board with the establishment agenda.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i still remember the rubio water bottle incident

I watched both responses: Rand's and that woman. Couldn't finish. Both are similar in platitudes and generalities. Both speak to us slow as and explain trivialities as if we are idiots. Both didn't answer the main question: How GOP is different from Obama? You gonna go for amnesty to illegals. you gonna keep Obamacare, you gonna prosecute Snowden and leave NSA essentially in place, you gonna keep spending money, you gonna continue wars.

I just watched Lee - the same bs. I want Ron Paul back: close 5 departments, abandon the Fed, stop the wars.

Spot On

"The housing bubble and subsequent crash were caused by the Federal Reserve." - Rand Paul
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast