Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul Delivers Response to President's State of the Union Address - Jan. 28, 2014

[Video] Rand Paul Delivers Response to President's State of the Union Address - Jan. 28, 2014

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E6YMdgGUY4

--

reports Robert Costa at National Review

Last edited by jct74; 01-28-2014 at 09:56 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would be better if he could do the official Republican response, but I guess the GOP establishment would never allow that.

I mean it's not the GOP response, but hey, it's something and newsworthy. Again, I like that Paul is keeping himself relevant and in the headlines, even if the likes of Rubio, Bush and Christie are still pushed as top-tier candidates. Paul's keeping his name out there and hopefully he doesn't pull a Rubio or even a Bachmann.

Rand Paul to give post-SOTU speech

By BURGESS EVERETT | 1/23/14 4:45 PM EST

Rand Paul will deliver his own response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address, offering Republicans a third choice for their post-speech viewing.

The Kentucky Republican’s office will blast out his rebuttal to Obama’s speech via social media and his e-mail list, an aide said. Paul gave the tea party’s speech in 2013, following the official GOP rebuttal from Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.).

Paul joins two other Republicans, who will also deliver a GOP reaction to Obama: Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington will deliver the official GOP response while Sen. Mike Lee of Utah will deliver the tea party address.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ch-102534.html

He was listed last night, in a poll on Bill O's program against Hillary and he faired better than other repubs. I record that retard's program so I'll go pull it up and post it here, just for the record.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

The GOP is just completely void of any reason, who are they gonna have do the response? Poland Springs Rubio? Bridgegate Christie? No actual budget cuts Paul Ryan? I stole the nomination Romney?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    He was listed last night, in a poll on Bill O's program against Hillary and he faired better than other repubs. I record that retard's program so I'll go pull it up and post it here, just for the record.
    2016 Presidential Matchups Poll

Hillary Clinton 46% Chris Christie 38%
    Hillary Clinton 49% Rand Paul 39%
    Hillary Clinton 50% Ted Cruz 35%

Quinnipiac University Poll Jan. 15-19 1,933 registered voters, MOE +/- 2.2%
    my bad...Christie did 2 points better...
    Last edited by Deborah K; 01-23-2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added pollster

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington will deliver the official GOP response...
    She speaks like a kindergarten teacher. Might be a good fit then...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The GOP is just completely void of any reason, who are they gonna have do the response? Poland Springs Rubio? Bridgegate Christie? No actual budget cuts Paul Ryan? I stole the nomination Romney?
    They have a whole lot of reason when you consider who the "they" is who are making these decisions and what their goal is.

They are only going to allow establishment (aka big government, pro-crony capitalist, etc.) people to be in the limelight, because that is who they want elected. They'd much rather the Democrat (aka big government, pro-crony capitalist, etc.) person be elected before a limited government constitutionalist.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

my bad...Christie did 2 points better...
    Wow, even after Christie's bridge fiasco. O'Reilly's audience is really lost.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Isn't it Mike Lee?

Isn't it Mike Lee?
    I think Mike Lee is giving the Tea Party response.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington to give GOP response to Obama speech

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...ponse/4801723/

Sen. Mike Lee to give Tea Party response to Obama

http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpoli...ponse/4708461/

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Wow, even after Christie's bridge fiasco. O'Reilly's audience is really lost.
    Actually, it wasn't his audience. It was a Quinnipiac University Poll Jan. 15-19 1,933 registered voters, MOE +/- 2.2%

Actually, it wasn't his audience. It was a Quinnipiac University Poll Jan. 15-19 1,933 registered voters, MOE +/- 2.2%
    College kids. Go figure.
    ================

Not college kids, it was a poll across all demographics which just happened to be taken by a college. And the full impact of the bridge/Sandy scandals will take weeks to show up in the polls to their full effect.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Christie is toast with traffic jam.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    College kids. Go figure.
    Well Fox did everything it could to recover Christie's image. It's pretty clear who they will ordain. Although, Hannity and Kelly seem to like Rand.

How do you stomach that much Fox "News"? That's an impressive skill, akin to sword swallowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Not college kids, it was a poll across all demographics which just happened to be taken by a college. And the full impact of the bridge/Sandy scandals will take weeks to show up in the polls to their full effect.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Christie is toast with traffic jam.
    And, at least they included Rand in the poll in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    How do you stomach that much Fox "News"? That's an impressive skill, akin to sword swallowing.
    I record many shows on various stations, and then sit and FF through them until I find something that interests me.

Fox invites Rand on much more often than CNN. And forget MSNBC. I prefer Fox over CNN anyway. I'm still pretty conservative in some ways.

College kids. Go figure.
    A: lol The university has a polling institute...

B: Will you roll your eyes at those young people in 2016 or will you want their votes?

Exactly. BrdigeGate has helped Christie in conservative circles, anyway.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Nobody even knows Cathy McMorris Rodgers. Whoever thought up the idea of having her give the SOTU response should be fired.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She was considered a potential VP pick for Romney, probably only cause she is a woman and establishment-friendly.

Paul Ryan's stated marathon time: "2 hours and 50-something.."; Actual time: Over 4 hours. The $#@!tard is a pathological liar. And Joseph Stalin would be proud of his voting record.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Nobody even knows Cathy McMorris Rodgers. Whoever thought up the idea of having her give the SOTU response should be fired.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
    GOP is getting desperate to change brands, in image.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
    The want a high profile woman who isn't Palin.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Nobody even knows Cathy McMorris Rodgers.
    Now they will. I don't know too much about her myself, but the establishment must want us to get to know her for a reason. Keep an eye on that.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
    Now they will. With Congress having a 9% approval rating, it's good to throw out a fresh face. Plus they can gauge the public's reaction to her for possible VP slot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast