Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Pharmacies Push Untested Flu Shot on Pregnant Women

  1. #1

    Default Pharmacies Push Untested Flu Shot on Pregnant Women

    Pharmacies Push Untested Flu Shot on Pregnant Women

    Infowars.com
    January 23, 2014

    Flu season is underway, and vaccines are being pushed as the only safe choice for avoiding a sometimes deadly bout with the flu, especially for pregnant women. But what you aren’t being told may come as a shock. The safety of the flu vaccine has never been tested on pregnant women or their developing fetus. We went undercover to two of the nation’s largest walk-in flu shot pharmacies to see if they think these mercury-laden vaccines are “safe and effective”.

    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    4,250% Increase in Fetal Deaths Reported to VAERS After Flu Shot Given to Pregnant Women

    By Christina England
    vactruth.com

    Documentation received from the National Coalition of Organized Women (NCOW) states that between 2009 and 2010 the mercury-laden combined flu vaccinations have increased Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting Systems (VAERS) fetal death reports by 4,250 percent in pregnant women. Eileen Dannemann, NCOW’s director, made abundantly clear that despite these figures being known to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the multiple-strain, inactivated flu vaccine containing mercury (Thimerosal) has once again been recommended to pregnant women as a safe vaccination this season.

    Outraged by the CDC’s total disregard for human life, Ms. Dannemann accused the CDC of ‘willful misconduct,’ saying that they are responsible for causing the deaths of thousands of unborn babies. She stated that the CDC deliberately misled the nation’s obstetricians and gynecologists and colluded with the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (AJOG) to mislead the public by advertising the flu vaccine as a safe vaccine for pregnant women when they knew fully well that it was causing a massive spike in fetal deaths.

    In a letter to Dr. Joseph Mercola, Ms. Dannemann wrote:


    “Not only did the CDC fail to disclose the spiraling spike in fetal death reports in real time during the 2009 pandemic season as to cut the fetal losses, but also we have documented by transcript Dr. Marie McCormick, chairperson of the Vaccine Safety Risk Assessment Working Group (VSRAWG) on September 3, 2010, denying any adverse events in the pregnant population during the 2009 Pandemic season.” [1]

    HIDING LIFE-OR-DEATH EVIDENCE

    Because the H1N1 pandemic vaccine had never been tested on the pregnant population, and to lessen the intensity of fears of the unknown risks, Dr. Marie McCormick of the CDC was employed to keep track of all adverse events during the 2009 pandemic season, including those adverse events in the pregnant population. Dr. McCormick was responsible for sending monthly reports to the Secretary of the Health and Human Services (HHS), citing any suspicious adverse events.

    According to Ms. Dannemann, NCOW has been unable to obtain access to these monthly reports. After sending a Freedom of Information Act request to the CDC, she was told that she may have to wait 36 months to access what should be published public reports.


    Continued...
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  4. #3

    Default

    ]Nice to see Dr Mengele here advocating for using pregnant women as lab rats, isn't it?


    My bad. I meant Mercola. (Same thing though.)
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Nice to see Dr Mengele here advocating for using pregnant women as lab rats, isn't it?
    You're the one advocating it, so you should ask yourself.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    ]Nice to see Dr Mengele here advocating for using pregnant women as lab rats, isn't it?


    My bad. I meant Mercola. (Same thing though.)
    Dr. Mengele was considered the Angel of Death. Dr. Mercola is the hero trying to rescue people from death--big difference. But I wouldn't expect you to make that connection because of your Stockholm Syndrome.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You're the one advocating it, so you should ask yourself.
    You are here insisting that there should be trials that intentionally expose pregnant women, both vaccinated and not, to the flu. That's either sick or absolutely crazy to anybody with half a brain.


    After a little Googling, I know why they don't do that, and I know how they determine the safety in lieu of those ghoulish experiments you're advocating for. I also know that's why it took a lot longer for the advice to use it on pregnant women to develop.

    Your sources are implying that no studies have been done, which isn't true. And the study they're insisting should be done won't ever be done because it's a horrific concept. No ethical researcher in the world would do what they're suggesting.

    Here's a study: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/he...ant-women.html
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-23-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You are here insisting that there should be trials that intentionally expose pregnant women, both vaccinated and not, to the flu. That's either sick or absolutely crazy to anybody with half a brain.


    After a little Googling, I know why they don't do that, and I know how they determine the safety in lieu of those ghoulish experiments you're advocating for. I also know that's why it took a lot longer for the advice to use it on pregnant women to develop.

    Your sources are implying that no studies have been done, which isn't true. And the study they're insisting should be done won't ever be done because it's a horrific concept. No ethical researcher in the world would do what they're suggesting.

    Here's a study: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/he...ant-women.html
    I am insisting people use their critical thinking cap. Mercury s still in Flu vaccines and mercury is dangerous in any amount--period.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am insisting people use their critical thinking cap. Mercury s still in Flu vaccines and mercury is dangerous in any amount--period.
    The dose makes the poison - period.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    The dose makes the poison - period.
    Mercury in any form is poisonous, with mercury toxicity most commonly affecting the neurologic, gastrointestinal (GI) and renal organ systems. Poisoning can result from mercury vapor inhalation, mercury ingestion, mercury injection, and absorption of mercury through the skin. (See Etiology and Prognosis.)
    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1175560-overview
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    The dose makes the poison - period.
    It's not only that. The single dose flu shot doesn't even contain therimisol.


    DonnaY just has to have at least one horribly frightening headline every day. She does not care one iota if it is actually true.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's not only that. The single dose flu shot doesn't even contain therimisol.


    DonnaY just has to have at least one horribly frightening headline every day. She does not care one iota if it is actually true.

    I wasn't talking about the FluMist--but the FluMist has a live virus in it and not recommended for pregnant women.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  13. #12

    Default

    This does not support your statement that mercury is dangerous in any amount. It isn't. You are very interested in environmental and food toxicity, and that is a good thing. But if you want to avoid being mislead by hysterics, you really need to understand that toxicology is all about dose.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I wasn't talking about the FluMist--but the FluMist has a live virus in it and not recommended for pregnant women.
    Sigh. I wasn't talking about FluMist either. In fact, I specifically said "shot."

    The single dose SHOT does not contain thermisol.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  15. #14

    Default

    Mercury is a poison and there is no denying that fact, but dumbasses continue to insist on ronpaulforums of all the places that it is safe depending on the dose. Also, learn the difference between metallic and organic mercury before you spout more bull$#@!. Why don't you go and guzzle mercury and be done with it?

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    Mercury is a poison and there is no denying that fact, but dumbasses continue to insist on ronpaulforums of all the places that it is safe depending on the dose. Also, learn the difference between metallic and organic mercury before you spout more bull$#@!. Why don't you go and guzzle mercury and be done with it?
    Hahahah! No need to get angry, bro. Let me help you with some toxicology.

    A single atom of mercury is not dangerous. That's a fact. Two atoms of mercury are not dangerous. That's a fact. A single molecule of an organic mercury compound is not dangerous. Fact. When the dose of mercury increases to the point that it is dangerous depends on many factors. But by far the most important factor in the toxicity of mercury, as with virtually all toxic substances, is the dose. I can ingest cyanide with perfect safety if the dose is low enough and I kill can myself with water if the dose is high enough. This is science rather than emotion. Try it, you might like it.

    Now, keep in mind that I am not advocating the deliberate ingestion of mercury (even for people who disagree with me). Nor am I advocating flu vaccines. But statements like "______ in any amount is dangerous" are simply false and should be corrected.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    This does not support your statement that mercury is dangerous in any amount. It isn't. You are very interested in environmental and food toxicity, and that is a good thing. But if you want to avoid being mislead by hysterics, you really need to understand that toxicology is all about dose.
    Injecting “trace amounts” of toxins

    How different is it if you eat a lot of mercury, or you inject just a little? This is the argument which comes from most vaccine enthusiasts; “if it’s just a trace amount, it doesn’t matter.” The same advice would come from the FDA, except for the fact that they consider trace amounts non-existent and they still label trace amounts of mercury as thimerosal-free. So let’s do the math now. Let’s add up all the heavy metals in the routine “consumption” process most go through, including flu shots, vaccines, boosters, food, water, lotions, cosmetics, deodorants and so on, and you have a major problem.

    Injecting mercury, aluminum, monosodium glutamate and formaldehyde sends a massive shock wave through your system, and jolts your central nervous system. Your immune system basically “freaks out” as the toxic injection completely bypasses the digestive system all together. Add in the fact that most shots are combination shots and given in close succession,especially to children and infants, and the problems are compounded exponentially.
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/preserva...ly-toxins.html
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Hahahah! No need to get angry, bro. Let me help you with some toxicology.

    A single atom of mercury is not dangerous. That's a fact. Two atoms of mercury are not dangerous. That's a fact. A single molecule of an organic mercury compound is not dangerous. Fact. When the dose of mercury increases to the point that it is dangerous depends on many factors. But by far the most important factor in the toxicity of mercury, as with virtually all toxic substances, is the dose. I can ingest cyanide with perfect safety if the dose is low enough and I kill can myself with water if the dose is high enough. This is science rather than emotion. Try it, you might like it.

    Now, keep in mind that I am not advocating the deliberate ingestion of mercury (even for people who disagree with me). Nor am I advocating flu vaccines. But statements like "______ in any amount is dangerous" are simply false and should be corrected.
    A single drop of organic mercury in an average size swimming pool makes it unsafe to swim in, but it must be okay to inject directly into children and pregnant women. The "scientific" journals approved the use of organic mercury for many decades and yet the pro-vaxxers sill want us to only believe the bull$#@! they continue to spew out. They lost all credibility, but we should believe them because they must be telling us the truth now. $#@! all scientific journals which previously told us that mercury and its derivatives are safe to use.

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    A single drop of organic mercury in an average size swimming pool makes it unsafe to swim in, but it must be okay to inject directly into children and pregnant women. The "scientific" journals approved the use of organic mercury for many decades and yet the pro-vaxxers sill want us to only believe the bull$#@! they continue to spew out. They lost all credibility, but we should believe them because they must be telling us the truth now. $#@! all scientific journals which previously told us that mercury and its derivatives are safe to use.
    You quote my post but your response has nothing to do with what I posted. I have ventured no opinion at all on the safety of the flu vaccine.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  20. #19

    Default

    Nothing here refutes the idea that the toxicity of mercury is dose-dependent.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Nothing here refutes the idea that the toxicity of mercury is dose-dependent.
    Mercury accumulates in the kidneys and cross the blood brain barrier. From vaccines to fish and to cosmetics and dental fillings. So if it is does-dependent as you say, how would one know if they had too much?


    We know that certain forms of mercury, such as methylmercury and phenylmercury, are highly lipid soluble, which makes the brain especially susceptible to mercury accumulation. These forms of mercury are found in vaccines as the preservative thimerosal. Once in the brain, it tends to attach itself to protein structures, especially to the cell membrane, where it can disrupt membrane functions.23 By binding to the cell membrane, mercury changes the membrane’s fluid-like quality, making it stiffer and causing the cell to age faster.24 The brain is unique in that neurons depend on special microscopic tube-like structures within the cell, appropriately called neurotubules, for their function. These neurotubules are manufactured by the cell from a substance called tubulin. We know that mercury interacts with tubulin causing it to unravel. Studies in rats have shown that doses of mercury corresponding to those seen in humans can cause a 75 percent increase in tubulin inhibition. Health And Nutrition Secrets by Russell L Blaylock MD, page 53
    http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013...th-for-profit/

    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    Mercury is a poison and there is no denying that fact, but dumbasses continue to insist on ronpaulforums of all the places that it is safe depending on the dose. Also, learn the difference between metallic and organic mercury before you spout more bull$#@!. Why don't you go and guzzle mercury and be done with it?
    Actually it's the dumbasses that are here continuing to deny that every medical body in the whole $#@!ing world agrees that the mercury in vaccines causes no harm to humans.

    Multiple studies have been performed on data from large populations of children to study the relationship between the use of vaccines containing thiomersal, and autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Almost all of these studies have found no association between thiomersal-containing vaccines (TCVs) and autism, and studies done after the removal of thiomersal from vaccines have nevertheless shown autism rates continuing to increase. The only epidemiologic research that has found a purported link between TCVs and autism has been conducted by Mark Geier, whose flawed research has not been given any weight by independent reviews.[2][3][25]In Europe, a cohort study of 467,450 Danish children found no association between TCVs and autism or autism spectrum disorders (ASDs), nor any dose-response relationship between thiomersal and ASDs that would be suggestive of toxic exposure.[37] An ecological analysis that studied 956 Danish children diagnosed with autism likewise did not show an association between autism and thiomersal.[38] A retrospective cohort study on 109,863 children in the United Kingdom found no association between TCVs and autism, but a possible increased risk fortics. Analysis in this study also showed a possible protective effect with respect to general developmental disorders, attention-deficit disorder, and otherwise unspecified developmental delay.[39]Another UK study based on a prospective cohort of 13,617 children likewise found more associated benefits than risks from thiomersal exposure with respect to developmental disorders.[40]Because the Danish and UK studies involved only diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP) or diphtheria-tetanus (DT) vaccines, they are less relevant for the higher thiomersal exposure levels that occurred in the U.S.[25]
    In North America, a Canadian study of 27,749 children in Quebec showed that thiomersal was unrelated to the increasing trend in pervasive developmental disorders (PDDs). In fact, the study noted that rates of PDDs were higher in the birth cohorts with no thiomersal when compared to those with medium or high levels of exposure.[41] A study performed in the US which analyzed data from 78,829 children enrolled in HMOs taken from the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) did not show any consistent association between TCVs and neurodevelopmental outcomes, noting different results from data in different HMOs.[42] A study performed in California found that removal of thiomersal from vaccines did not decrease the rates of autism, suggesting that thiomersal could not be the primary cause of autism.[43] A study on children from Denmark, Sweden and California likewise argued against TCVs being causally associated with autism.[44]


    Maybe you should go learn some toxicology and be done with it? Because the mercury in vaccines is the type that doesn't build up in the body:

    The blood half-life of intramuscular ethyl mercury from thimerosal in vaccines in infants is substantially shorter than that of oral methyl mercury in adults. Increased mercury levels were detected in stools after vaccination, suggesting that the gastrointestinal tract is involved in ethyl mercury elimination.
    Emotion-based evidence....there must be a name for it.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-23-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Mercury accumulates in the kidneys and cross the blood brain barrier. From vaccines to fish..
    Speaing of government lies, there is no evidence that mercury in fish is harmful to humans. If there was, the Japanese would be literally retarded.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  24. #23

    Default

    I fail to see any scientific evidence in what you quoted, just personal opinions.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Mercury accumulates in the kidneys and cross the blood brain barrier. From vaccines to fish and to cosmetics and dental fillings. So if it is does-dependent as you say, how would one know if they had too much?
    They might not. But YOUR statement was that "mercury is dangerous in any amount - period." That is a false statement. Mercury can be dangerous with a sufficient dose and not otherwise. The poison is in the dose.

    Just to back this up a bit, I will list for you a few items from the United States Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia: Acetate of mercury, mercuric chloride, cyanide of mercury, mercurous chloride, iodide of mercury, methyl mercury, mercury nitrate, sulphocyanide of mercury, and elemental mercury.

    So how is it that numerous standard homeopathic remedies are made with mercury (both organic and inorganic) and yet are considered to be harmless by everyone - even those who think homeopathy is bunk?

    Answer: the poison is in the dose. If you come to understand this, you will save yourself much useless stress.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    They might not. But YOUR statement was that "mercury is dangerous in any amount - period." That is a false statement. Mercury can be dangerous with a sufficient dose and not otherwise. The poison is in the dose.

    Just to back this up a bit, I will list for you a few items from the United States Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia: Acetate of mercury, mercuric chloride, cyanide of mercury, mercurous chloride, iodide of mercury, methyl mercury, mercury nitrate, sulphocyanide of mercury, and elemental mercury.

    So how is it that numerous standard homeopathic remedies are made with mercury (both organic and inorganic) and yet are considered to be harmless by everyone - even those who think homeopathy is bunk?

    Answer: the poison is in the dose. If you come to understand this, you will save yourself much useless stress.
    Okay, I have done a good deal of research on the matter and I will concede my point; "mercury is dangerous in any amount--period." I understand what you meant by "The dose makes the poison - period." I also found in my research that if you are concerned about the mercury accumulations you should take selenium (200 mcg daily) to help purge it out of the system since mercury binds to selenium.

    Reference:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/698281
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...41008X96980953

    Dr. Nicholas Ralston is a research scientist at the University of North Dakota Energy and Environmental Research Center and has done studies with fish mercury and pointed out the misconceptions and fears with regards to high levels of mercury in some fish but that many fish balance out with selenium--which doesn't allow the mercury to be absorbed so readily when eaten. Very interesting research.

    References:
    http://undeerc.org/fish/pdfs/Selenium-Mercury.pdf
    http://undeerc.org/fish/videoclips.aspx

    By the way Acala...thanks for pushing me to do more research--which eased my stress.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Okay, I have done a good deal of research on the matter and I will concede my point; "mercury is dangerous in any amount--period." I understand what you meant by "The dose makes the poison - period." I also found in my research that if you are concerned about the mercury accumulations you should take selenium (200 mcg daily) to help purge it out of the system since mercury binds to selenium.

    Reference:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/698281
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...41008X96980953

    Dr. Nicholas Ralston is a research scientist at the University of North Dakota Energy and Environmental Research Center and has done studies with fish mercury and pointed out the misconceptions and fears with regards to high levels of mercury in some fish but that many fish balance out with selenium--which doesn't allow the mercury to be absorbed so readily when eaten. Very interesting research.

    References:
    http://undeerc.org/fish/pdfs/Selenium-Mercury.pdf
    http://undeerc.org/fish/videoclips.aspx

    By the way Acala...thanks for pushing me to do more research--which eased my stress.
    Thanks for your thoughtful response!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  28. #27

    Default

    Flu shots hardly qualify for being called "untested".
    "The only thing we have to fear is.... fear itself!" Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
    "Be afwaid. Be berry afwaid" Donald Trump.

    The optimists built this country and made it great- not the fearful. Fear can only destroy.

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Okay, I have done a good deal of research on the matter and I will concede my point; "mercury is dangerous in any amount--period." I understand what you meant by "The dose makes the poison - period." I also found in my research that if you are concerned about the mercury accumulations you should take selenium (200 mcg daily) to help purge it out of the system since mercury binds to selenium.

    Reference:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/698281
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...41008X96980953

    Dr. Nicholas Ralston is a research scientist at the University of North Dakota Energy and Environmental Research Center and has done studies with fish mercury and pointed out the misconceptions and fears with regards to high levels of mercury in some fish but that many fish balance out with selenium--which doesn't allow the mercury to be absorbed so readily when eaten. Very interesting research.

    References:
    http://undeerc.org/fish/pdfs/Selenium-Mercury.pdf
    http://undeerc.org/fish/videoclips.aspx

    By the way Acala...thanks for pushing me to do more research--which eased my stress.
    Fish mercury and the mercury in vaccines were not the same compounds (thimerisol- the source for mercury- was removed from vaccines intended for children years ago so isn't an issue anyways). One is ethyl mercury and the other methyl mercury. Ethyl mercury is the form used in some vaccines and methyl mercury is the one found in fish. Ethyl does not accululate in the body as readily as methyl and is less toxic. Average half life in the body of ethyl mercury is seven days and the amount in a vaccine is extremely small so you would litterally need thousands of vaccines in a few days to have any problems with it.

    http://www.decodedscience.com/ethyl-...erence/25234/2
    Ethylmercury

    The main source of ethylmercury, or EtHg, is thiomersal (or thimerosal), an organic compound which is used as a preservative in vaccines, and which degrades to give EtHg.

    EtHg does not bioaccumulate, or build up in the body; from this point of view, therefore, it is less dangerous than MeHg.
    The amount of mercury in vaccines which do (and the vast majority don't- basically just the flu vaccine designed for multi use does- you can request single use vaccine which does not use thimerisol) is 25 micrograms. One microgram is ten to the minus sixth grams or 0.000025 grams.

    http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVac...fety/UCM096228 Link also includes a list of which vaccines do and don't use thimerisol.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-24-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    "The only thing we have to fear is.... fear itself!" Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
    "Be afwaid. Be berry afwaid" Donald Trump.

    The optimists built this country and made it great- not the fearful. Fear can only destroy.

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  30. #29

    Default

    Bored tonight. Here is a short list of studies concerning flu vaccines and pregnant women:


    CMAJ. 2014 Jan 13. [Epub ahead of print]
    Rates and determinants of seasonal influenza vaccination in pregnancy and association with neonatal outcomes.
    Legge A, Dodds L, Macdonald NE, Scott J, McNeil S.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24396098

    Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013 Dec 16. pii: S1744-165X(13)00123-6. doi: 10.1016/j.siny.2013.11.014. [Epub ahead of print]
    Vaccines and pregnancy: Past, present, and future.
    Rasmussen SA1, Watson AK2, Kennedy ED3, Broder KR4, Jamieson DJ5.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24355683

    Med J Aust. 2013 Dec 16;199(11):744-6.
    Using SMS technology to verify the safety of seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine for pregnant women in real time.
    Regan AK1, Blyth CC2, Effler PV3.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24329634

    Clin Infect Dis. 2013 Dec 19. [Epub ahead of print]
    Effectiveness of Seasonal Trivalent Influenza Vaccine for Preventing Influenza Virus Illness Among Pregnant Women: A Population-Based Case-Control Study During the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 Influenza Seasons.
    Thompson MG, Li DK, Shifflett P, Sokolow LZ, Ferber JR, Kurosky S, Bozeman S, Reynolds SB, Odouli R, Henninger ML, Kauffman TL, Avalos LA, Ball S, Williams JL, Irving SA, Shay DK, Naleway AL; for the Pregnancy and Influenza Project Workgroup.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24280090

    Matern Child Health J. 2013 Nov 24. [Epub ahead of print]
    Efficacy and Effectiveness of Maternal Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy: A Review of the Evidence.
    Manske JM.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24272875

    Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Dec;122(6):1271-8. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000000010.
    Safety of influenza A (H1N1) 2009 live attenuated monovalent vaccine in pregnant women.
    Moro PL, Museru OI, Broder K, Cragan J, Zheteyeva Y, Tepper N, Revzina N, Lewis P, Arana J, Barash F, Kissin D, Vellozzi C.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24201689

    Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013 Dec;12(12):1417-30. doi: 10.1586/14760584.2013.851607.
    Influenza vaccination and fetal and neonatal outcomes.
    Fell DB, Dodds L, MacDonald NE, Allen VM, McNeil S.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24195480

    MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013 Nov 1;62(43):854-7.
    Influenza vaccination among pregnant women--Massachusetts, 2009-2010.
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24172879

    Vaccine. 2013 Nov 12;31(47):5557-64. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2013.08.081. Epub 2013 Sep 25.
    Influenza vaccination during pregnancy: coverage rates and influencing factors in two urban districts in Sydney.
    Maher L, Hope K, Torvaldsen S, Lawrence G, Dawson A, Wiley K, Thomson D, Hayen A, Conaty S.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24076176

    MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013 Sep 27;62(38):787-92.
    Influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women--United States, 2012-13 influenza season.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24067583
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  31. #30

    Default

    Give me the mercury man. It's better than LSD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM
  2. Smoking (Tobacco) Test To Be Given To UK Pregnant Women
    By DamianTV in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 08:37 PM
  3. Is There Solid Science Behind Vaccinating Pregnant Women?
    By Created4 in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 04:12 PM
  4. AZ Bill Says Women Pregnant 2 Weeks Before Conception
    By DamianTV in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 01:59 AM
  5. Pregnant Women and H1N1 vax
    By pinkmandy in forum Personal Health & Well-Being
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •