Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bible Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    I don't know how I missed this post! I saw pscomar's when I refreshed.

You both will have to share the prize! lol

Genesis doesnt mention Enoch prophecizing as I recall. It is in Jude where we learn of it.
    and that is currious,,, so I went in search...

and a very interesting read it is,,, and much deeper than I swim yet.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And now, for the next challenge!

What Old Testament verse is quoted or alluded to the most times in the New Testament? For extra credit, what is the next most quoted OT verse?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

What Old Testament verse is quoted or alluded to the most times in the New Testament? For extra credit, what is the next most quoted OT verse?
    The most quoted chapter has to be Psalm 110, but a few different verses of it are quoted multiple times, so just one verse from it may not win this contest. My guess is that the most quoted verse is Psalm 110:1. But it may also be Lev 19:18, "Love your neighbor as yourself," which must get quoted 5 or more different times in the NT.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,,," Christs commission from Isaiah.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'll SWAG Psalm 69, E.C.-Psalm 70.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The most quoted chapter has to be Psalm 110, but a few different verses of it are quoted multiple times, so just one verse from it may not win this contest. My guess is that the most quoted verse is Psalm 110:1. But it may also be Lev 19:18, "Love your neighbor as yourself," which must get quoted 5 or more different times in the NT.

We have a winner!!

The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool” (Psalm 110:1).

This verse is quoted or alluded to 23 times in the NT. It is quoted in 11 out of 27 NT books, and by 7 of the 9 NT authors!

“Love your neighbor as yourself” (Lev. 19:18) is the second most quoted OT verse. This shows up in seven different places in the NT. The vast majority of other verses quoted appear a couple times, or only once. Overall, there are 2,300 references to OT verses or quotes in the NT if you count allusions and paraphrases.

Great job!
    +

My official guess (probably wrong). Genesis 2 not sure the verse "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife. 2 become 1." (Translation mine)
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    My official guess (probably wrong).
    Yup lol
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Last edited by Superfluous Man; 04-09-2019 at 06:14 PM. Reason: mistake

Where in the Hebrew Bible (OT) is (arguably) the clearest expression of hope for resurrection and the final vision of God, that is, of an Incarnate God-Redeemer?
    Last edited by TER; 06-28-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    +

Hint: the person who prophecied it was not a Jew.
    +

WORD!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    JOB

But I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last He will stand upon the earth. Even after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.…
    revelation Knowledge.. Job knew that..way back then.

Even now my witness is in heaven, and my advocate is on high!
    did time with Job.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-28-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! I thought this one may have been a little tricky but you nailed it!!

Job 19:25-27

For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    And He shall stand at last on the earth;
    And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
    That in my flesh I shall see God,
    Whom I shall see for myself,
    And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
    Last edited by TER; 06-29-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    +

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011