Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Challenge!

Lightbulb Bible Challenge!

Okay everyone, this is a bible challenge to test your skillz of the Holy Scriptures!

Today's challenge is this:

Which book of the Holy Scriptures is this prophecy about Christ written in?

Let us lie in ambush for the righteous man, because he is useless to us and opposes our deeds;
    he denounces us for our sins against the law and accuses us of sins against our upbringing.
    He claims to have knowledge of God, and he calls himself a child of the Lord.
    He has become for us as a refutation of our purposes;
    even seeing him is a burden to us, because his life is unlike that of others;
    for his paths go in a different direction.
    We are considered by him as a hybrid, and he avoids our ways as something immoral.

He considers the last things of the righteous as blessed and pretends that God is his Father.
    Let us see if his words are true, and let us put these last things to the test at the end of his life.

For if the righteous man is a son of God, He will help him, and deliver him from the hand of those who oppose him.

Let us test him with insult and torture that we may know his gentleness and test his patient endurance.

Let us condemn him to a shameful death, for there shall be a visitation because of his words.

HINT: In this prophecy, we hear about someone who claims to be the Son of God, and who is tortured, and is condemned to a shameful death. This prophecy is written from the perspective of those who condemn Christ. Many years before they are even born, we get to hear the internal thought processes of the Pharisees. The prophecy itself is written above, word-for-word from the Old Testament.

Good luck!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Proverbs....Wisdom on the flipside.

oohh so close.... try again!
    +

It seems to me that I've specifically posted this, briefly, here some place on the forums. I don't don't recall where or why now but probably had a reason for it...which I don't remember. And I never post scripture.

Wisdom of Solomon 2:12-20

I couldn't remember, so I had to cheat and take a peak. I should have known this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Wisdom of Solomon 2:12-20
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Proverbs....Wisdom on the flipside.
    Partial credit given here to NC since the other name for this Book of the Old Testament is called "Wisdom".
    +

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would have guessed Psalms.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

okay, ready for another? Here it goes...

For even if they should rear their children, yet shall they be utterly bereaved: wherefore also there is woe to them, though My flesh is of them.

HINT: In this prophecy in the Old Testament about Christ, we learn that the Messiah will have flesh as they do, that is, that God will be incarnate into human flesh.

Good luck!
    Last edited by TER; 01-21-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    oohh so close.... try again!
    This book is not in the Bible.

It is the book of Wisdom. and is one apocrypha.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ewee, we should start a thread on the Apocrypha. Love Enoch. I also remember a great discussion on the canopy theory too. Great stuff.

The Nephilim is also a great topic.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    This book is not in the Bible.

It is the book of Wisdom. and is one apocrypha.
    Actually, it is one of the Books of the Bible and has been for thousands of years, including the 2000 year history of the Christian Church! Unfortunately, some of the later Reformers of recent times (the first Protestants actually regarded it as canonical) have distanced themselves from this book and now it is not found in most modern English Bibles, but the fact remains that it has always been considered inspired writings of the Scriptures.

That would be another good question to ask now that I think of it:

Why did the Reformers refuse to accept this as an inspired book of the Holy Scriptures when 1600 years of Christians before them did?

This is not a trick question! I really have no idea why!
    Last edited by TER; 01-21-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    +

Actually, it is one of the Books of the Bible and has been for thousands of years, including the 2000 year history of the Christian Church! Unfortunately, some of the later Reformers of recent times (the first Protestants actually regarded it as canonical) have distanced themselves from this book and now it is not found in most modern English Bibles, but the fact remains that it has always been considered inspired writings of the Scriptures.

Why did the Reformers refuse to accept this as an inspired book of the Holy Scriptures when 1600 years of Christians before them did?

I think this is why I brought this up previously. Was probably in one of those threads where i was yapping about translation or something along those lines. It may have been in a S_F thread so no way I'm going there or even bothering to look for it.

Here is a hint..... LXE.

Here is a hint..... LXE.

I googled LXE and still don't know.. I needz more hints please
    +

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I googled LXE and still don't know.. I needz more hints please
    That's the English translation of the LXX.
    Septuagint

As per post #10.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 01-21-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Both the The Council of Nicaea and the Reformers tossed out a good chunk of books and some of the Apostles writings. We just have to scratch around and find them to be able to sort out the truth for ourselves spiritually.

Between the bloody massacres of both the Protestants and the Catholics, the only truly good thing I saw that came of all of it was the liberating of scripture from the Latin for personal interpretation.

That's the English translation of the LXX.
    Septuagint

As per post #10.
    Aha! That makes more sense!

But that isn't a good answer!

You still get to keep the fireworks though!
    +

okay, ready for another? Here it goes...

For even if they should rear their children, yet shall they be utterly bereaved: wherefore also there is woe to them, though My flesh is of them.

HINT: In this prophecy in the Old Testament about Christ, we learn that the Messiah will have flesh as they do, that is, that God will be incarnate into human flesh.

Good luck!

A secret contestant has PM'd me the answer to this question and the answer is....

Hosea 9:12

+

It definitely wasn't Daniel. he spoke of the victorious messiah who will lead us to the kingdom of god on earth, not the one who gets killed in hopes of arriving again at another time to fulfil the prophecy.
    l.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

With regards to the prophecy of Hosea as listed above which reveals that God would put on human flesh (become incarnate), it is found in the Septuigant version of Hosea. The Masoretic text has altered the original text and reads:

Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them! (Hosea 9:12)

How interesting that the Jews would change this little verse when they re-wrote the Scriptures after Jesus rose from the dead! Silly little men! Trix are for kids!

The sad part of this story is that most modern day western Bibles use the Masoretic text as the basis for the Old Testament and have been deceived.

Thankfully, the Septuagint still exists and can be found online!
    +

A secret contestant has PM'd me the answer to this question and the answer is....

Hosea 9:12

This one flew right by me, never saw it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    It definitely wasn't Daniel. he spoke of the victorious messiah who will lead us to the kingdom of god on earth, not the one who gets killed in hopes of arriving again at another time to fulfil the prophecy.
    l.
    I love me some Daniel! He is one of the great prophets of the Church! He missed the part about Christ dying in the flesh (or better said, it was not revealed to him), but I'm pretty impressed that he prophecized the day the Messiah would come down to the very year! That's pretty impressive considering he did it 600+ years prior!
    +

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love me some Daniel! He is one of the great prophets of the Church! He missed the part about Christ dying in the flesh (or better said, it was not revealed to him), but I'm pretty impressed that he prophecized the day the Messiah would come down to the very year! That's pretty impressive!
    I like daniel.
    I didn't care for the rewriting of Daniel though, it kind of made it look like someone was doing a little adjusting for the failure of the prophecy.
    A revelation indeed.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I like daniel.
    I didn't care for the rewriting of Daniel though, it kind of made it look like someone was doing a little adjusting for the failure of the prophecy.
    A revelation indeed.
    lol, thanks for your opinioin! I try to weigh it seriously!
    +

lol, thanks for your opinioin! I try to weigh it seriously!
    um, its not an opinion. read both books side by side. adjusted end prophecy.

um, its not an opinion. read both books side by side. adjusted end prophecy.
    Very well. I shouldn't have sounded like a jerk in my response to you.

I have read the claims you are making before and remain totally unconvinced. I'm sorry that we do not agree on this. No hard feelings though.
    +

Okay, this one may be tricky, but some might find it interesting....

According to Church tradition, who was the young man in Mark 14:51 who ran naked from the guards who came to arrest Jesus after they grabbed him by the tunic?
    +

Could this be the same person as in Mark 16:5?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast