Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Steve Deace's "Candidate Survival 2016" poll

Exactly. They can do whatever they want, anything short of removing it we will win. If anything, this makes me want to blast the poll even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    We will win it again, I think. If they post it again.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Exactly. They can do whatever they want, anything short of removing it we will win. If anything, this makes me want to blast the poll even harder.
    Hell yes. Let's beat Deace over the head with his own poll.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecolibertarian View Post
    Hell yes. Let's beat Deace over the head with ____
    I can think of a million things that would fit well in the blank.

"I was just informed that following a thorough investigation The Family Leader says our Survivor 2016 candidate poll has been hacked after all. Originally they thought this was just good, clean stacking the deck by Rand Paul supporters. But after spending the day looking at the polling program again, they believe results the past 4 weeks now were based on spammers/hackers (I don't understand all the programming lingo). Needless to say they're not happy, and considering that's the most influential endorsement you can get in the Iowa Caucuses, these sorts of embarrassing and immature shenanigans don't help your cause. I have no idea what they'll do from here." -Steve Deace
    This reminds me of when Bill O'Reilly did this:

Steve Douche is a cry baby because his boy is getting whooped. Someone should tell him to go look at all the other internet polls that have Ron Paul in them. The results are always the same. The rEVOLution owns the internet.

Accusing the Paul supporters of hacking. Where have I seen this before? They should either show some IP logs with proof, or just stop hosting a poll they can't control.

In the words of Ron Paul after Hannity claiming the Fox News debate poll was rigged: "Are you discrediting your own poll?"

"I was just informed that following a thorough investigation The Family Leader says our Survivor 2016 candidate poll has been hacked after all. Originally they thought this was just good, clean stacking the deck by Rand Paul supporters. But after spending the day looking at the polling program again, they believe results the past 4 weeks now were based on spammers/hackers (I don't understand all the programming lingo). Needless to say they're not happy, and considering that's the most influential endorsement you can get in the Iowa Caucuses, these sorts of embarrassing and immature shenanigans don't help your cause. I have no idea what they'll do from here." -Steve Deace
    Where did he say this?

Was it in his 4/3/14 podcast? I saw hours 1, 2, and 3 available on his website, but didn't want to sit through all 3 hours to find out. Do you know which, if any, hour it was in?

It was on his facebook yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    Where did he say this?

Was it in his 4/3/14 podcast? I saw hours 1, 2, and 3 available on his website, but didn't want to sit through all 3 hours to find out. Do you know which, if any, hour it was in?

Followers of God should not lie.

Huckabee's losing badly right now with the new e-mail confirmation voting.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

This is some bull$#@!. We should all call in during his next show and express our displeasure with his bull$#@!.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    This is some bull$#@!. We should all call in during his next show and express our displeasure with his bull$#@!.
    This should no longer surprise us. Not that we should accept it but these shenanigans will only intensify the closer we get to elections. Steve Deace proved he's just like the rest of them. Use our message to attract listeners then attack us when election time gets closer. This is NOT the last time the media will be doing this to us.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    This should no longer surprise us. Not that we should accept it but these shenanigans will only intensify the closer we get to elections. Steve Deace proved he's just like the rest of them. Use our message to attract listeners then attack us when election time gets closer. This is NOT the last time the media will be doing this to us.
    No doubt, but that is no reason to not punch back.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    No doubt, but that is no reason to not punch back.
    Sorry I didn't mean to say that. Definitely punch back. Hit them so hard, they think twice before doing it again. I'm just saying, this BS shouldn't surprise us anymore. We should see it coming. Actually, we should expect it as we draw closer to election time.

It was really unprofessional of them to make public accusations of cheating. If they find someone gaming their poll, they need to take measures to stop it. If people are voting in a poll from week-to-week and one week there is a new CAPTCHA implementation, people can put 2 and 2 together, LOL.

If they are publicly acknowledging cheating, they are also saying they couldn't do anything to stop it.

It was on his facebook yesterday
    So what is Deace going to do now? Invalidate his own poll?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

It doesn't matter how many validation measures they put in the poll. There will always be more of us than there are of them.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    This should no longer surprise us. Not that we should accept it but these shenanigans will only intensify the closer we get to elections. Steve Deace proved he's just like the rest of them. .
    I coulda sworn he proved that years ago. Liars gonna lie.

Email confirmation now. What exactly does that accomplish?

Oh that's right, it builds them a huge email subscriber list.

edit: TBH, I have to give respect to them. They have balls to try to brazenly pull something like that off, and wits to use the timeless spectre of "Ron Paul spammers zomg!" to justify their list-building.
    Last edited by MRK; 04-04-2014 at 08:55 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It doesn't matter how many validation measures they put in the poll. There will always be more of us than there are of them.
    Exactly. And, what's more, he's made a mistake by securing the polls too early. Now, when Rand wins, "hackers" will be rather implausible. This guy's going to be pretty embarrassed when he realizes that what Rand is hacking is reality, and the marketplace of ideas, and not his clunky poll.

Steve Deace should be embarrased of himself. Has he been to Huckabee's forum? There is more activity in Amash's sub-forum than there is on his entire site and he's confused on how Huckabee could be losing? What a genius that guy is.

I could imagine after Huckleberry loses they'll cry foul and require each voter to give a $10 donation for each vote. Also going to need you to buy tickets for our conference to validate in person.

Of course this is just a joke. But unfortunately mass email harvesting poorly disguised as a poll spam prevention measure is not.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    I could imagine after Huckleberry loses they'll cry foul and require each voter to give a $10 donation for each vote. Also going to need you to buy tickets for our conference to validate in person.

Of course this is just a joke. But unfortunately mass email harvesting poorly disguised as a poll spam prevention measure is not.
    Ouch, I hadn't thought about the email harvesting thing. I've been using 10minutemail.com. Anonbox.net is also good. But that was just because I didn't want him to have my information in general. Definitely doubling down with disposables.

Will this baseless claim of cheating be used to give Huckleberry immunity? I think a lot of us would love the chance to prove their claim wrong and destroy that bastard even worse than he was this time.

Unless he can show IP logs this is bs. I think a number of us have checked and seen that percentage of votes have increased by an amount after we voted that indicated there wasn't more than a few hundred people voting.

Has this exercise sufficiently demonstrated that "vote somebody off the island" polling method sucks as a means of coming up with a reasonable answer to a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Unless he can show IP logs this is bs. I think a number of us have checked and seen that percentage of votes have increased by an amount after we voted that indicated there wasn't more than a few hundred people voting.
    There wouldn't need to be a ton of people voting for it to be hacked -- it just means you would need fewer illegitimate votes in order to influence the outcome.

But again, it doesn't matter how many validation measures he puts in (now we're up to IP, captcha and email). Just means even more validation that the results are legit.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Has this exercise sufficiently demonstrated that "vote somebody off the island" polling method sucks as a means of coming up with a reasonable answer to a question?
    I think it works great! There Can Be Only ONE!
    Last edited by William Tell; 04-06-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

@ William Tell:

Kind of a disturbing image, bro.

How does that fit in with the Non-Aggression Principle?

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    @ William Tell:

Kind of a disturbing image, bro.

How does that fit in with the Non-Aggression Principle?
    It is a pop culture reference, a joke. have you ever seen Highlander?
    I removed it since it bothers you.
    Last edited by William Tell; 04-06-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    It is a pop culture reference, a joke. have you ever seen Highlander?
    I removed it since it bothers you.
    Thanks.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast