Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 14 year old black kid who was executed for killing 2 white girls gets new trial

A 14 year old black kid who was executed for killing 2 white girls gets new trial

Last edited by jct74; 01-21-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: add link merged thread

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, he confessed to the murders. What more evidence do you need than that? He had his day in court and was sentenced according to the law. He did this to himself.

This video is no longer available........
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This video is no longer available........
    That video isn't either.

/sorry couldn't help myself

What a waste of time and money. A little late, dontcha think?

Bread-n-circuses...

This reminds me of our neighbours up north.
    Last edited by The economist; 01-19-2014 at 07:56 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    This was in 1944.
    Did you have a point?

Last edited by Cap; 01-19-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

This was in 1944.
    yes, it was.

Doesn't make it any less disgusting does it?

We call this a Government lynching where i come from.

How about the lynchings that are still happening today? Why are we focused on 1944?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    How about the lynchings that are still happening today? Why are we focused on 1944?
    why not?....

glad it wasn't my kid.

Do you have kids?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hey, he confessed to the murders. What more evidence do you need than that? He had his day in court and was sentenced according to the law. He did this to himself.
    Not sure if serious, but:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...07/confessions
    Former DC police detective Jim Trainum tells reporter Saul Elbein about how his first murder investigation went horribly wrong. He and his colleagues pinned the crime on the wrong woman, and it took 10 years and a revisit to her videotaped confession to realize how much, unbeknownst to Jim at the time, he was one of the main orchestrators of the botched confession. (28 minutes)Crime • Criminal Justice • Police

Saul Elbein

And:

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Because until someone is willing to face the past they will be unwilling to be honest about the present.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This was in 1944.
    And Kelly Thomas was lynched by the system last year.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was in 1944.
    http://newsone.com/2061550/george-ju...y-jr-birthday/
    There is no record of a confession. No physical evidence that he committed the crime exists. His trial — if you want to call it that — lasted less than two hours. No witnesses were called. No defense evidence was presented. And the all-White jury deliberated for all of 10 minutes before sentencing him to death.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Because until someone is willing to face the past they will be unwilling to be honest about the present.
    Then why don't we investigate the "Holocaust", something much more debatable with much more profound implications?

But of course, that'd be on the wrong side of political correctness.

Then why don't we investigate the "Holocaust", something much more debatable with much more profound implications?

But of course, that'd be on the wrong side of political correctness.
    There are plenty of people investigating the Holocaust and I'm not stopping you from joining them.

A 14 year old black kid who was executed for killing 2 white girls gets new trial

SUMTER, S.C. (AP) — A 14-year-old boy executed by South Carolina nearly 70 years ago is finally getting another day in court.

Supporters of George Stinney plan to argue Tuesday that there wasn't enough evidence to find him guilty in 1944 of killing a 7-year-old and an 11-year-old girl. The black teen was found guilty of killing the white girls in a trial that lasted less than a day in the tiny Southern mill town of Alcolu, separated, as most were in those days, by race.

Nearly all the evidence, including a confession that was central to the case against Stinney, has disappeared, along with the transcript of the trial. Lawyers working on behalf of Stinney's family have sworn statements from his relatives accounting for his time the day the girls were killed, from a cellmate saying he never confessed to the crime and from a pathologist disputing the findings of the autopsy done on the victims.

The novel decision whether to give an executed man a new trial will be in the hands of Circuit Judge Carmen Mullen. Experts say it is a longshot. South Carolina law has a high bar for new trials based on evidence that could have been discovered at the time of the trial. Also, the legal system in the state before segregation often found defendants guilty with evidence that would be considered scant today. If Mullen finds in favor of Stinney, it could open the door for hundreds of other appeals.

But the Stinney case is unique in one way. At 14, he's the youngest person executed in the United States in the past 100 years. Even in 1944, there was an outcry over putting someone so young in the electric chair. Newspaper accounts said the straps in the chair didn't fit around his 95-pound body and an electrode was too big for his leg.

Stinney's supporters said racism, common in the Jim Crow era South, meant deputies in Clarendon County did little investigation after they decided Stinney was the prime suspect. They said he was pulled from his parents and interrogated without a lawyer.

School board member George Frierson heard stories about Stinney growing up in the same mill town and has spent a decade fighting to get him exonerated. He swallowed hard as he said he hardly slept before the day he has waited 10 years to see.

"Somebody that didn't kill someone is finally getting his day in court," Frierson said.

Back in 1944, Stinney was likely the only black person in the courtroom during his one-day trial. On Tuesday, the prosecutor arguing against him will be Ernest "Chip" Finney III, the son of South Carolina's first black Chief Justice. Finney said last month he won't preset any evidence against Stinney at the hearing, but if a new trial is granted, he will ask for time to conduct a new investigation.

What that investigation might find is not known. South Carolina did not have a statewide law enforcement unit to help smaller jurisdictions until 1947. Newspaper stories about Stinney's trial offer little clue whether any evidence was introduced beyond the teen's confession and an autopsy report. Some people around Alcolu said bloody clothes were taken from Stinney's home, but never introduced at trial because of his confession. No record of those clothes exists.

Relatives of one of the girls killed, 11-year-old Betty Binnicker, have recently spoke out as well, saying Stinney was known around town as a bully who threatened to fight or kill people who came too close to the grass where he grazed the family cow.
    http://news.yahoo.com/trial-sought-s...172035983.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

As long as SC does not have living killers/war criminals that have not been tried yet and whose victims have not seen a day in court, retrying to deliver justice to dead children from 70 years ago is fine.

US may be guilty of war crimes over drone use – Amnesty Intl
    Oct 22, 2013 - Lyndsey graham of south Carolina should face life imprisonment for

9 year old girl who survived Obama drone attack comes to DC

Miriam Carey cut down, lawyer arrested, no day in court

Jim Crow...... wasn't that predominately Democrat?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All the splendors that are "government".

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Attention whores
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/

312 Exonerated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Garrett
    And many more,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This could set a dangerous precedent.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Well to be fair, executing people set a dangerous precedent. If one was wrongly murdered by the state, the least the state could do is 70 years later admit they made a mistake.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Well to be fair, executing people set a dangerous precedent. If one was wrongly murdered by the state, the least the state could do is 70 years later admit they made a mistake.
    The STATE accepting IT was wrong could set a dangerous precedent.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    What would?

Someone being exonerated posthumously? That has happened several times.. the precedent has been set.

What other precedent would be set?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast