Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul on Snowden: Government calls him a criminal; I call him a hero

Ron Paul on Snowden: Government calls him a criminal; I call him a hero

https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulChan...gn=SnowdenNote

Video in linked page, with notation that Ron will make sure Snowden receives your message. I'm guessing this means Ron and Snowden are in direct contact? Godspeed, if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulChan...gn=SnowdenNote

Video in linked page, with notation that Ron will make sure Snowden receives your message. I'm guessing this means Ron and Snowden are in direct contact? Godspeed, if so.
    Take note, Rand.

God damn, this is the Ron Paul I know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew5 View Post
    Take note, Rand.
    "Edward Snowden did the bravest thing any American can do...he woke us up. Our government calls him a criminal, well I call him a hero."

Sadly, Ron, your own son thinks he should be "put in a cage", "broken" and "tortured"...only for a little while though.

Ron >>>> Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    this is the Ron Paul I know and love.
    He did say the muzzle was off.

Snowden donated to Ron Paul's campaign so this is awesome that Ron Paul speaks out in support of him like this. This really is the Ron Paul I know and love.

Ron, whatever you do, do NOT advise him to ever come back.

"Edward Snowden did the bravest thing any American can do...he woke us up. Our government calls him a criminal, well I call him a hero."

Sadly, Ron, your own son thinks he should be "put in a cage", "broken" and "tortured"...only for a little while though.

Ron >>>> Rand

Rand needs Boobus' votes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome back Ron! You've been sorely missed around here.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yup!
    And a bump to all of the above
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Ron Paul, spot on as usual. Glad to see he's still kicking ass, especially now that he's free to say what he pleases.

Definitely going to be sharing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

I LOVE Ron Paul!!!!!

Now this is the Ron Paul forum I love and know.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

I also wish that Rand would have a similar stance toward Snowden... but I think that having Ron out of office gives him more "leeway" to support Snowden (although he would have probable said the same thing anyway) but I guess Rand has to pick and chose what he says now since he will be running for President.

On a side note, how many "major" politicians have come out and supported Snowden?
    RAND PAUL 2016

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I love both of those men.

Did everyone write a note? I was finally able to thank Edward for what he did for us. If only I could send him some cash!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Let the TRUTH BOMBS commence!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Ron, whatever you do, do NOT advise him to ever come back.
    i hope Ron makes it clear that Mr. Snowden should never​ come back.

Ron >>>> Rand
    That's not true, it's a distortion. Rand said he think Snowden would be more likely to come back if he faced a fair trial and fair sentence. He didn't say he wanted Snowden in prison. This was said in reference to Clapper who Rand thinks is guilty of lying to congress and faces no prosecution.

a pair of heroes. thanks for posting.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Snowden would be more likely to come back if he faced a fair trial and fair sentence.
    slip of the fingers?
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any non Fedbook interface to send the message?
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That's not true, it's a distortion. Rand said he think Snowden would be more likely to come back if he faced a fair trial and fair sentence. He didn't say he wanted Snowden in prison. This was said in reference to Clapper who Rand thinks is guilty of lying to congress and faces no prosecution.
    Edward Snowden broke the law. There are penalties for breaking the law, and I believe he should be prosecuted. I do not overlook or believe our country should condone people who have access to military secrets to reveal those secrets...

...I have NOT (emphasis mine - AF) argued, as you allege, that Mr. Snowden is a hero...

- Rand Paul - Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...10463077857076
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-17-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Edward Snowden broke the law. There are penalties for breaking the law, and I believe he should be prosecuted. I do not overlook or believe our country should condone people who have access to military secrets to reveal those secrets. - Rand Paul - Wall Street Journal
    Every now and then, Rand does something to make me suspect that we might very well become the thing we're fighting against.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Every now and then, Rand does something to make me suspect that we might very well become the thing we're fighting against.
    I'm not sure what the $#@! he's thinking sometimes.

DC is a sickness, and you have to have a pretty strong immune system to resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'm not sure what the $#@! he's thinking sometimes.

DC is a sickness, and you have to have a pretty strong immune system to resist it.
    Big Tent... Win. Then.... "Well, I am more of a libertarian, like my dad."

At least that is what I hope. Ain't no other hope going on. So for me, it is that, or anarchy.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Big Tent... Win. Then.... "Well, I am more of a libertarian, like my dad."

At least that is what I hope. Ain't no other hope going on. So for me, it is that, or anarchy.
    You forget that he'll have to keep up the pretense to win re-election in 2020.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast