Thread: House passes $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill to fund government

House passes $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill to fund government

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/house...ide-11t-budget

WASHINGTON (AP) — A $1.1 trillion spending bill for operating the government until just before next fall's election steamed through the battle-weary House on Wednesday over tepid protests from tea party conservatives, driven by a bipartisan desire to restore painful cuts in domestic and defense programs and show disaffected voters that Congress can do its job.

The bill swept through the House on a 359-67 vote and was on track for a big Senate vote by week's end. Republicans voted for the bill by a 2 1/2-1 margin, and just three Democrats were opposed.

The measure funds virtually every agency of government and contains compromises on almost every one of its 1,582 pages. It covers the one-third of government spending subject to annual decisions by Congress and the White House, programs that have absorbed the brunt of budget cuts racked up since Republicans reclaimed control of the House three years ago.

Excluded are the giant benefit programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and food stamps that run on autopilot and are increasingly driving the government deeper into debt.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Republican anarchists strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Ted Yoho voted yes
    I get the feeling he is being blackmailed because he made birther comments. That is my theory on his sudden slide.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I get the feeling he is being blackmailed because he made birther comments. That is my theory on his sudden slide.
    Or he was lying to get elected, and now that he has a nice salary and awesome benefits, he doesn't care to put up a facade anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

And where in the hell is that trillion coming from??

But I kid..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

[...] driven by a bipartisan desire to restore painful cuts in domestic and defense programs [...]
    Oh, the humanity!!

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Washington DC is full of...

Radical Spenders

Extremist Debtors

Economic Terrorists
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Don't you just adore the rampant editorializing in the AP's "news piece." Not one clause goes by without a loaded phrase: "...steamed through the battle-weary House" (isn't it their job to battle, especially on spending bills?)..."over tepid protests from tea party conservatives" (we've tamed those pesky devils at last)..."driven by a bipartisan desire" (is AP supposed to comment on their declared motives?)...

"...to restore painful cuts in domestic and defense programs" (mere slowdowns in the rate of increase are painful?) "and show disaffected voters that Congress can do its job" (what if voters show in '14, as they actually did in '10 in '12, that they are not disaffected, and want more tea party conservatives in office, not less, to challenge the endless tax, spend and borrow syndrome in Congress?).
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    What birther comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Don't you just adore the rampant editorializing in the AP's "news piece." Not one clause goes by without a loaded phrase: "...steamed through the battle-weary House" (isn't it their job to battle, especially on spending bills?)..."over tepid protests from tea party conservatives" (we've tamed those pesky devils at last)..."driven by a bipartisan desire" (is AP supposed to comment on their declared motives?)...

"...to restore painful cuts in domestic and defense programs" (mere slowdowns in the rate of increase are painful?) "and show disaffected voters that Congress can do its job" (what if voters show in '14, as they actually did in '10 in '12, that they are not disaffected, and want more tea party conservatives in office, not less, to challenge the endless tax, spend and borrow syndrome in Congress?).
    And that's just the first paragraph ...

AP = Ass-kissing Propagandists

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Is there a roll call available for this one yet?
    I read last night , Dems all voted yes .

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    What birther comments?
    Insignificant things said so long ago hardly any of us remember, but it's apparently what Taftfan is going to be blaming Ted's 'amazing change in stances' on. No, the guy is a slimy weasel, always has been and always will be.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

The thought of having to go another year with the government spending more than it takes in really steams me.

Not only will I have to endure another year of inflation, I will also have to put up with these people coming up with more ideas on how I should be doing things, all financed on a counterfeited dollar. On top of that many of their new ideas on how to fix things that already work with ways that don't will have to be payed for with our own diminishing wages.

My first... all my other drafts of the above had way more #$@&%*! adjectives .