Thread: lucas draws primary challenger - liberty candidate Robert Hubbard

lucas draws primary challenger - liberty candidate Robert Hubbard

OK CD3 election, just announced. I don't know if this guy is an actual liberty candidate or not, I haven't dug very deeply for info on him yet. I didn't find any connection to supporting Ron Paul. But on the issues page of his website, this at least looks encouraging:

http://hubbardforcongress.com/
    We need our government to protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic. But not at the expense of the Constitution. I will fight to end the NSA's bulk collection of the phone records of all Americans. We can fight out enemies while still protecting our Constitution.
    The typo is on his website, I simply copied and pasted.
    What else can we find out about Robert Hubbard?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have confirmed that Robert Hubbard is a solid liberty candidate. Although I have not yet spoken with him or his campaign, this has been confirmed through another liberty candidate, Mark Thomas (State Senate district 22), who has a close association with him by means of the Canadian County GOP. I will pass along more info as I receive it.

Mods, can the thread title be changed to reflect this update in status?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Had the chance to speak with Robert Hubbard today, and without a doubt, he is also the real deal. He has met with several national conservative groups, who will likely back him if he gains traction and shows his campaign to be viable. I asked how he would meet the challenge of trying to primary someone in such a geographically large district (CD3 covers almost half of the state), and he said that he made a lot of connections statewide in his unsuccessful run for Governor in 2010 (came in 3rd in the primary, behind the Drone Queen and Randy Brogdon), which he will be leveraging to speak to as many different groups of people as possible. He said there is a large amount of dissatisfaction with lucas within the district, and reactions to his campaign have been extremely favorable so far. He said that the biggest issues with lucas is that he does not represent the people, but instead is firmly in the pockets of lobbyists and special interests, giving examples of the recent farm bill, his vote against the Amash Amendment, and his votes to cut veteran's benefits. He feels that the people of CD3 are ready to elect someone who will truly represent them and strictly follow the Constitution. I asked what political figures he would align himself with on a philosophical basis, and his answer was "Jim Bridenstine is doing a fantastic job, because he votes to represent the people, instead of how the lobbyists or tom cole tells him to vote". I asked what he felt our country was doing right or doing wrong with regards to foreign policy, and he answered "these wars are nothing but an excuse to take away our Constitutional rights. It's all about control". He also expressed concern about the devaluation of our money supply, and feels that Congress needs to take a closer look at what the Federal Reserve is doing. He said that if he's elected, he will make sure that he hires a staff who can pick apart a 1000 page bill and find everything wrong with it within 24 hours, so that those who write this sort of bad legislation can be called out on the House floor and exposed. This guy will be orders of magnitude better than lucas, no doubt about it. I'm looking forward to volunteering for Hubbard's campaign as well.
    FB is here: https://www.facebook.com/hubbardforcongress

As good as it is to hear your word on what he supports, he needs to stake concrete positions on foreign policy and civil liberties to get full support here. He needs to either do this in a documented speech or on his website issues. If not, he is just a fellow traveler.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    As good as it is to hear your word on what he supports, he needs to stake concrete positions on foreign policy and civil liberties to get full support here. He needs to either do this in a documented speech or on his website issues. If not, he is just a fellow traveler.
    While I agree with you to a large extent, we can't just tell someone what topics to address in their campaign speeches or on their website. Yes, it is absolutely imperative to nail down a candidate for national office's position on foreign policy to determine how worthy they are of support. But unless they do address the issue directly on a campaign website, what other options are there? That is exactly why I asked the question, and worded it in the way that I did - to see how the candidate would respond to an open-ended question on foreign policy. To me, his answer seemed pretty clear that current foreign policy serves no useful purpose, and only serves to undermine our freedom. While his answer was without doubt a good one, I do agree that articulation of additional stances on foreign policy are needed. But you do raise an interesting question, of what constitutes an adequate documentation of those positions. If a candidate verbally states a position or opinion on any particular issue to someone who posts that response here, is it adequate? If someone reads a posting here, emails a question to a candidate, and posts the response, is that adequate? Are those instances any more or less adequate than a newspaper reporter asking a question and publishing the response? Either way, those are second-hand accounts. But if that is all that exists to document a position, is that really reason to disqualify a candidate from being deemed worthy of support?

Yes, I will do my best to continue to further document Robert Hubbard's positions, as that is one of the stated reasons behind this thread. I will post any media stories that contain anything of substance (there has been some media on his announcement, but so far nothing that has contained any substance in the way of position articulation). Although I will be attending campaign appearances (the ones that are local, at least - the edge of his district is on the other side of town from me), unfortunately my video camera is broken and I cannot afford to replace it at this time (wanna buy me a new one? if so, I can then easily provide plenty of firsthand full documentation of many different candidates appearances and positions). So that leaves us with either second-hand reports from those who take the initiative to contact candidates themselves, or what little may happen to make it onto a TV report. If you want to know more about a candidate's position that isn't clear or well-documented enough, then by all means ask them! It's not that hard to email someone, and say that you would consider donating to them if you knew more about their specific positions on whatever issue. But then if they do respond, and you report that response here, it doesn't necessarily make that response invalid to someone else because the information is then second-hand.

Robert Hubbard is supported not only just about every Ron Paul supporter in the state that I know, he is also supported by other OK liberty candidates. There just might be a reason for this.