Thread: Poll: McConnell Tied With Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes; Bevin Leads Her By Six

Poll: McConnell Tied With Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes; Bevin Leads Her By Six

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a disaster! We better send McConnell some money quick since he and Rand are cronies.

I'll make sure I tell my Republican friends this.
    Stop believing stupid things

Kentucky Senate: McConnell (R) 42%, Grimes (D) 42%

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell runs dead even with Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes in Rasmussen Reports’ first look at the 2014 U.S. Senate race in Kentucky. But McConnell’s GOP primary rival Matt Bevin leads Grimes by six points.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...entucky_senate
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    This is a disaster! We better send McConnell some money quick since he and Rand are cronies.
    lol that was pretty good

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
    All the king's horses and all the king's men
    Couldn't put Humpty together again"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's time for McConnell to go, I wish Rand could take back that endorsement

I don't think I've ever heard anyone on the board say this. Hope you are just joking.

-10% of the voters are still undecided that's a big percentage.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Ditch Mitch
    Catchy. Not only is McConnell a tool of the establishment, he's a weaker candidate and putting what should be a Republican seat into play with Senate on the line, he needs to go. I wish Rand could take back his endorsement, he could put Bevin over the top.

Very interesting! While I feel there are good arguments on both sides of the mitch vs. Bevin debate, this news certainly seems to blow holes in the "Bevin isn't electable" argument.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Face reality. A sitting minority leader is not going to lose an election no matter what the polls sat this far out.

Told ya the grassroots were making it happen.

Imagine how he will do with some name recognition. Heh!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Tea Party Republicans like Matt Bevin and Paul Broun are costing us elections!" -Establishment

*Polling shows both perform the best in the general election*

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Catchy. Not only is McConnell a tool of the establishment, he's a weaker candidate and putting what should be a Republican seat into play with Senate on the line, he needs to go. I wish Rand could take back his endorsement, he could put Bevin over the top.
    Even if Rand didn't endorse Mitch he wouldn't have endorsed Bevin. He said in the Hannity interview that he wouldn't campaign against Republican incumbents.

Isn't Nate Silver the only poll analyst worth a damn?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Done.

Thank you for your generous donation to Mitch McConnel for Senate 2014.
    Amount: $2014.00
    Transaction ID: ch_3HWSieLsuU****
    Transaction date/time: 2014-02-03 18:04
    Last edited by eduardo89; 02-03-2014 at 05:09 PM.

What makes it even more remarkable is it's a GOP pollster, not Dem or internal.

Not to piss in anyone's cheerios but Rasmussen also in 2008 Lunsford 49 McConnell 44. Not to mention the numbers when you look at this poll sound like the grassroots suck.

It has McConnell at 75% favorable amongst GOP - Bevin 38%. It also has McConnell's favorables amongst Tea Party: 72% to Bevin at 47%. The only demographic you find Bevin outperforming McConnell against Grimes is amongst those who self identify as "liberals." Before we start touting any polls shouldn't they represent real life? I mean, does everyone supporting Bevin think he is winning without half of the support of the Tea Party types?

McConnell needs to go. Grimes will be doing the GOP a favor by defeating him.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Done.
    wow...

I am curious, are you interested in donating to Greg Brannon's campaign?
    No - No - No - No

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    It has McConnell at 75% favorable amongst GOP - Bevin 38%. It also has McConnell's favorables amongst Tea Party: 72% to Bevin at 47%. The only demographic you find Bevin outperforming McConnell against Grimes is amongst those who self identify as "liberals."
    Links?

So glad. Bevin is a great example of the Liberty Movement picking up steam. His campaing is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Not to piss in anyone's cheerios but Rasmussen also in 2008 Lunsford 49 McConnell 44.
    Rasmussen's last poll before the election, released on October 29, 2008, showed a seven-point gap: with McConnell at 51% and Lunsford with 44%. McConnell ended up winning by six points.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Links?
    Buy the poll. Look at the crosstabs.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Rasmussen's last poll before the election, released on October 29, 2008, showed a seven-point gap: with McConnell at 51% and Lunsford with 44%. McConnell ended up winning by six points.
    I didn't know their last minute polls but, in terms of polling way out this is how they were: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...mcconnell_r_44

I'm not saying the people who want Santorum light (Bevin) don't have some hope here but, the report is screwy. Doesn't seem to be real life. Also, from what I've seen.... Matt is only mailing people who've voted in the last 5 primary elections. His mail world seems small and that is huge in winning in Kentucky.