Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Police Kill Driver In Chase, Empty Guns Into Car After Stopping, Caught on Tape

Exclamation San Diego Police Kill Driver In Chase, Empty Guns Into Car After Stopping, Caught on Tape

Checkout the video... he stops and the police "UNLOAD" on the vehicle. Now, Wait for it... Wait for it... "...Fear of Officer Safety"
    "He just stopped and they started shooting at him," said witness Frankie Martinez. "Everybody started unloading on him. He got smoked. He probably did something bad for that to happen. They didn't even give him a chance."
    http://www.10news.com/news/suspect-s...hospital011214 Suspect shot by police in Mount Hope following pursuit dies at the hospital

10News - High-speed police chase in southeast San Diego ends in shots fired; suspect taken to hospital - 10News.com - News
    Posted: 01/12/2014

SAN DIEGO - A 40-year-old man who was shot by police following an hour-long high-speed pursuit died of his injuries.
    Jose Luis Navarro of Lemon Grove was critically injured in Thursday's incident and had been on life support. Police said he passed away at the hospital on Saturday.

San Diego police say the pursuit began at about 8:30 a.m. in the 5400 block of Grape Street when a sergeant tried to stop a 40-year-old man in a 2002 two-door Saturn for talking on his cellphone while driving.

As the sergeant started to get out of the police cruiser, the driver of the Saturn took off. Police say the suspect raced down residential streets at speeds of up to 60 mph.

While chasing the Saturn sedan, police determined that it matched the description of one linked to a shooting that wounded two men in a Mountain View-area neighborhood Monday night.
    Officers said during the pursuit the man ran red lights and weaved through several neighborhoods -- including Oak Park, National City, Bonita and Paradise Hills. The suspect eventually headed onto northbound Interstate 805 at Imperial Avenue and then onto eastbound state Route 94.
    The suspect exited the highway at Euclid Avenue and continued to Hilltop Drive. The driver stopped briefly to let a female passenger out of the car and then continued on through Encanto and Bay Terraces, hitting some spike strips.
    10News was in place as the car went through the intersection of 41st and Hilltop, then lapped the block and stopped short of the spike strips. The vehicle came to a permanent stop on 41st Street at Hilltop Drive, and officers learned the suspect had a handgun in his possession.
    While the Saturn was stopped, police said the suspect raised the gun towards officers, and fearing for their safety and the safety of others, four SDPD officers opened fire at the suspect in the vehicle.
    "He just stopped and they started shooting at him," said witness Frankie Martinez. "Everybody started unloading on him. He got smoked. He probably did something bad for that to happen. They didn't even give him a chance."

Watch the dramatic video
    (shooting video courtesy of our media partners at San Diego 6)

According to police, the suspect's gun was found at the scene, along with what is believed to be controlled substances.
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/san-...-tape-21485801

http://www.10news.com/news/police-in...-diego01092014 High-speed police chase in southeast San Diego ends in shots fired; suspect taken to hospital
    Posted: 01/09/2014
    10News Digital Team | Email Me
    SAN DIEGO - An hour-long police pursuit ended in Mount Hope Thursday with police shooting the driver -- and it was all caught on camera.

San Diego police say the pursuit began at about 8:30 a.m. in the 5400 block of Grape Street when a sergeant tried to stop a 40-year-old man in a 2002 two-door Saturn for talking on his cellphone while driving. As the sergeant started to get out of the police cruiser, the driver of the Saturn took off. Police say the suspect raced down residential streets at speeds of up to 60 mph.

NOTE: Video of the shooting courtesy of our media partners at San Diego 6

While chasing the Saturn sedan, police determined that it matched the description of one linked to a shooting that wounded two men in a Mountain View-area neighborhood Monday night.

Officers said during the pursuit the man ran red lights and weaved through several neighborhoods -- including Oak Park, National City, Bonita and Paradise Hills. The suspect eventually headed onto northbound Interstate 805 at Imperial Avenue and then onto eastbound state Route 94.

The suspect exited the highway at Euclid Avenue and continued to Hilltop Drive. The driver stopped briefly to let a female passenger out of the car and then continued on through Encanto and Bay Terraces, hitting some spike strips.

10News was in place as the car went through the intersection of 41st and Hilltop, then lapped the block and stopped short of the spike strips. The vehicle came to a permanent stop on 41st Street at Hilltop Drive, and officers learned the suspect had a handgun in his possession.

While the Saturn was stopped, police said the suspect raised the gun towards officers, and fearing for their safety and the safety of others, four SDPD officers opened fire at the suspect in the vehicle.

The suspect was taken to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.

According to police, the suspect's gun was found at the scene, along with what is believed to be controlled substances.

Some of what police said during the dispatch calls:
    "Uh, continuing wrong side of the road. Use caution if you're approaching... now it's going to be approaching Sweetwater and 805. And he's back to the correct side of the road now."

"He's having more and more difficulty. One of his tires keeps smoking when he makes some turns. I think it's brake problems or something."

"I got spikes, next intersection. Back off."

"And speeds are back up to about 60 mph. Uh, going through stop sign. Still northbound Harbison approaching Division."

"Blew a red light. Use caution for cross traffic when you get there. He's westbound on Federal."

"John, he did impact my spikes."

"I need the air. The female said that he does have a firearm. She doesn't know what kind it is."

"Male does have a firearm. Units in pursuit."

"Sam, can you make sure everyone is 10-4 on the gun?"

"Guys, he put a window up. Heads up."

(Shots fired a few seconds later)

"Officers are at the car. Units at the vehicle. They're trying to get the suspect out of the car now. They're trying to get the suspect out."

"We have him out on the ground."

"Let's get medics started this way."
    According to a law enforcement source, when the driver circled back, the suspect drove by slowly and yelled something out the window. The windows were rolled up on the vehicle when the driver drove by a second time. That's when the source tells 10News that officers saw the driver had a gun and they opened fire.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An hour-long high-speed pursuit?

Wow.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Caught on tape? Pffft! The Thomas Kelly verdict shows that cameras can, in fact, lie.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Caught on tape? Pffft! The Thomas Kelly verdict shows that cameras can, in fact, lie.
    Misinterpreted, actually.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Police today are Judge, Jury, and Executioners.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Misinterpreted, actually.
    No, the camera is facing a charge of perjury.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    When the police departments get federalized, this problem will escalate. The police have been under attack since the 1960s.
    ----

Wait, Saturn's can travel at high speeds?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gonna be a banner year for "Law and Order."

Pfft, we learned that last year in philly when the judge said as much and threw out the video evidence of the cop punching that woman at the Puerto rican parade.

a few people in here wouldn't have a problem with this...

1. saves a trial and money, and...

repeat #1...

No, the camera is facing a charge of perjury.
    I heard they were taking the camera out to Utah for execution by firing squad.

All you maggots got a problem with this?

You want some of what he got?

I thought so...

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    When the police departments get federalized, this problem will escalate.
    The police are federalized.. have been for some time..

The myth that they are local police is only a thin veneer..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You betcha...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what weapons were in his car?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What exactly do you mean by that? According to the story in the OP:

While the Saturn was stopped, police said the suspect raised the gun towards officers

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Desmond View Post
    What exactly do you mean by that? According to the story in the OP:

keyword:....'story'....

I'm working on stabilizing the video of this shooting right now. I read somewhere today comments from someone who said they already looked at it and that you can see at least one shot from the inside of the vehicle...but I still haven't found it, and the shot I think he's referring to sounds just like the officers guns firing.

What I mean by that is that the windows were rolled up, so there's no way a gun shot would sound as "crisp" as the sounds the camera microphone captured if he fired from inside the vehicle.

I'll fire up Premier Pro and After Effects again later and run the video through again after I get home from a couple of beers...I need to go relax, the Kelly Thomas verdict has got me in a really $#@!ty mood today.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So what weapons were in his car?
    A lighter and a bong.
    No other "weapons" were really found.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    A lighter and a bong.
    No other "weapons" were really found.
    They're saying they found a gun and <gasp> those horrible controlled substances.

Unless I missed your sarcasm?

Oh $#@! it, I'm gonna go have 3 beers and some Colorado type treats at my buddies, I'll be back.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I know exactly what you mean because you put it in quotes, butI would amend that to order only. I find most so-called law and order types really focus on order, but not so much law. If you look at our exponentially expanding code, then it's clear that most of these statutes and regulations have nothing to do with law.

Basic laws were enacted years ago. Not much left to enact on the law front. Today, it's about creating order.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I know exactly what you mean because you put it in quotes, butI would amend that to order only. I find most so-called law and order types really focus on order, but not so much law. If you look at our exponentially expanding code, then it's clear that most of these statutes and regulations have nothing to do with law.

Basic laws were enacted years ago. Not much left to enact on the law front. Today, it's about creating order.
    Anarcho-capitalism would make "rule of law' stronger than it ever has been before because the laws would apply equally to every person.

So, you're right, its really more about combating "chaos", which is pretty much a smokescreen of an argument.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Well, that's A-okay. Unfortunately, the police didn't have an armed drone. If they had, it would have been A-okay for them to blow the entire car up, and would have saved on gas from the chase and medical bills from the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    keyword:....'story'....
    Oh, ok; what does this story have to do with politics or anything to do with this forum? Is it because they were trying to pull the driver over for talking on his cell phone while driving? That doesn't seem to be the emphasis being made by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Desmond View Post
    Oh, ok; what does this story have to do with politics or anything to do with this forum? Is it because they were trying to pull the driver over for talking on his cell phone while driving? That doesn't seem to be the emphasis being made by the OP.
    the guy in the Saturn doesn't get to tell his 'story'....

yeah yeah, runnin from the cops...bang, you're dead
    yeah yeah, the cops heve you subdued, you get beat to death....

could be why the guy was runnin'....his odds seemed better....boy, was he wrong..
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 01-14-2014 at 11:18 PM.

the guy in the Saturn doesn't get to tell his 'story'....
    Ah ok, he doesn't get to tell his "story" because according to the cops' "story", he passed away at the hospital. Well, what if he left a suicide note or was known to have a death wish?

yeah yeah, runnin from the cops...bang, you're dead
    yeah yeah, the cops heve you subdued, you get beat to death....

could be why the guy was runnin'....his odds seemed better....boy, was he wrong..
    I suppose that's conceivable, so I hope it wasn't because he was mislead by or believed "stories" that others told him about cops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast