Thread: STOP Obamacare Penalties NOW Rallies in OK -- Bartlesville event article in Liberty Activism

STOP Obamacare Penalties NOW Rallies in OK -- Bartlesville event article in Liberty Activism

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...90#post5364890 Post in Liberty Activism Section for Rallies in Oklahoma in January -- this one in Bartlesville
    flyer and graphic included. Find one in a city near you!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I knew from the start, people were going to protest the Unaffordable Care Act.

Thanks for posting this! Hopefully this section of the forum can become more active. There's lots of great activism going on here in OK.

In looking at the link for this, why are these events all spread out? Instead of one centrally located event in OKC, there are 3 separate events in Guthrie, Norman, and Yukon! This doesn't make any apparent sense, do you know the reasoning behind this?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Yes, the cities were selected where we have bad boys blocking our legislation we are trying to get through and we are building heat and momentum there and also hoping to primary some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by scrosnoe View Post
    Yes, the cities were selected where we have bad boys blocking our legislation we are trying to get through and we are building heat and momentum there and also hoping to primary some of them.
    Excellent! What can I do to help?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I am so glad you asked that question. The most important thing right now is to share the info about the rallies with your friends and neighbors! Attend one near you so you will be up to speed on the legislation pending this session and know how to make calls and promote those 'good' bills and block the 'bad' bills when the timing is right. Make sure the financial needs of the rally organizers are met first and then if you can still help others help some of the sponsor groups that you can connect with in person financially!

Bring friends and ask questions and build momentum -- these are the opportunities to find friends and put reps on notice that we are watching and not tolerating saying one thing and doing another. Some of these folks need to be primaried. Be ready to encourage and help with those efforts as well!

Quote Originally Posted by scrosnoe View Post
    I am so glad you asked that question. The most important thing right now is to share the info about the rallies with your friends and neighbors! Attend one near you so you will be up to speed on the legislation pending this session and know how to make calls and promote those 'good' bills and block the 'bad' bills when the timing is right. Make sure the financial needs of the rally organizers are met first and then if you can still help others help some of the sponsor groups that you can connect with in person financially!

Bring friends and ask questions and build momentum -- these are the opportunities to find friends and put reps on notice that we are watching and not tolerating saying one thing and doing another. Some of these folks need to be primaried. Be ready to encourage and help with those efforts as well!
    Much of this is unfortunately easier said than done! We don't really know very many people here at all. Just about everyone that we do know are also other activists, many of whom you already know. While the word can certainly be spread among those we know, it would probably be redundant in most cases (it never hurts, though).

The 3 locations I mentioned in an earlier post are all equally close (or equally distant, depending on perspective). While in theory it should be possible to hit all 3, unfortunately gas cost is a factor and will likely make that impossible. We're poor.

Yes, we follow what legislation is proposed. I believe that that information only went up just recently, and we have been sorting through what's good and what's bad. Looks like plenty of opportunities for good activism on this front. We have been and will be active on calls regarding legislation. If we could get better notice of what is actually being heard when, it would be VERY easy for us to get to the Capitol Building in person, been waiting for that opportunity!

Financial anything is a no-go. Again, we're poor, it's enough of a challenge to keep the bills paid and still be able to eat. But if it isn't something that costs money, we're certainly up for it and ready to go! You mentioned some primary challenges. This is an area of great interest, as in addition to the legislative efforts mentioned above, campaign help for worthwhile candidates is another good opportunity for activism. This is an area where we need to be more in the loop than we presently are.

I understand and have my own challenges -- we all do what we can. The importance of being at the rallies is one of visibly showing the reps who are there we are watching and they are on notice. I too wish we had more advance notice, but it is not always easy to get timely information out timely. If any of our trusted network posts -- then it feeds through OKGrassroots website -- so that may be the best we can do for now.

The site is back up now!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So who are these primary challengers, and how can they be contacted?

Kenny Bob Tapp in Panhandle (open seat) website here with contact info and donate button
    Mark Thomas in OKC area (no website yet but Stephanie West is going to manage campaign - I can put you in touch with her directly if that is your area)

others pending announcements (maybe this weekend!)
    Last edited by scrosnoe; 01-10-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: more info

On Tuesday I attended the rally for this at the State Capitol building. Turnout was about 60 people, despite a snowstorm having just occurred. In addition to the usual activists from the area, people came from all corners of the state to attend. There were plenty of our current crop of new liberty candidates there, as well as many of the Ron Paul supporters already elected to the State Legislature. T.W. Shannon spoke, and got a good reception in spite of no one really seeming excited about his candidacy. He seems to be the default choice in the election, unless someone better just happens to run. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk with him. Got to meet Kenny Bob Tapp, who had come all the way from the panhandle. Also got to meet Robert Hubbard, and was very impressed with both of them. They also are quite obviously the Real Deal as far as being liberty candidates. Mark Thomas was there as well, who I was already familiar with. Charles Key was there, it was great to offer my personal encouragement to run for US Senate or CD5 - he said lots of people have been asking him about it, so hopefully he will run. It was also great to meet Nathan Dahm, and congratulate him on his masterful piers morgan appearance. He just gave me a humble TY, but you could tell he wanted to laugh. Very nice guy. While I was standing around talking with Kenny Bob Tapp, Robert Hubbard, and Mark Thomas, Ralph Shortey walked up and introduced himself. It surprised me that for OK being such a big state, all these liberty people from different areas know each other quite well.

After the rally itself had ended, we broke out into groups to attempt to meet with various Legislators (each group was assigned a list) to ask for their support in nullifying obombacare. This effort was quite unsuccessful, since they had known we were coming and had all gone into hiding! Most of the good members of the State Legislature had already been down in the lobby for the rally, and the rest were simple nowhere to be found. We were told they were in meetings that had no scheduled ending time, that they had been on lunch for the last several hours, or that their staff simply had no idea where they were. The staff in clark jolley's office actually laughed at us. By chance, I happened to run into democrat constance johnson in an elevator. I presented her with a conservative argument for her SB2116, and explained that she would not be able to pass her bill without being able to present it with a conservative argument. Her jaw dropped, and she invited me to come testify in favor of the bill at the committee hearing. After being unsuccessful in finding any of the Legislators on our list, all of the groups sort of converged on the Senate Chamber, in hopes of perhaps catching them coming out of session. This gave everyone the opportunity to hang out and talk some more before the Legislators we were hoping to see all literally ran out the back door. There will be another event at the Capitol net week, which I also plan on attending.