Thread: Campaign Evaluation: Dr. Annette Bosworth (U.S. Senate, R-SD)

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Campaign Evaluation: Dr. Annette Bosworth (U.S. Senate, R-SD)

This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to their position on supporting liberty as well as issues relating to their campaign. The most important information may be aggregated in this top post for easy reference.

Candidate Name: Dr. Annette Bosworth
    Office Sought: U.S. Senate
    Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/bosworthforsenate
    https://twitter.com/AnnetteBosworth
    https://plus.google.com/110448663005795897597/posts

Candidate Profile: On the Issues
    Civil Liberties: [Rating TBD]
    Constitutional Issues: [Rating TBD]
    Economic Issues: [Rating TBD]
    Foreign Policy: [Rating TBD]
    Social Issues: [Rating TBD]
    Overall Issues Rating: [Rating TBD]

Race Profile: Competition & Demographics
    State: South Dakota
    District: na
    Incumbent:
    Other Primary Candidates:
    Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties:
    Relevant poll numbers: None.
    Overall Race Profile Rating: [Rating TBD]

Miscellaneous Pros/Cons
    Key strong points:

Unknown points for further research:

Possible weak points:

Possible deal breakers:

Overall Rating:
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was very solid on Dr. Bosworth at first: charismatic, charming, attractive, however, I'm skeptical now that she'll even make it out of the primary. She's been having money issues due to the burden of running a non-profit health clinic.

There's a blogger at a site called Madville Times who is an absolute zealot, and is committed to bringing Dr. Bosworth down. Every day its aspersions after aspersion. I fear as good as she may be, this race will look just like Virginia in 2012 (Rounds=Allen, Bosworth=Radtke)

Here's the website.

mad villetimes.com/tag/annette-bosworth/

Stace Nelson appears to be more pure and more likely to be able to challenge Rounds. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be the liberty candidate of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Stace Nelson appears to be more pure and more likely to be able to challenge Rounds. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be the liberty candidate of choice.
    Nelson has less baggage (the Che thing), experience in a State Upper House and is also polling higher.

Bosworth is the Nancy Mace of South Dakota, while Nelson's the Lee Bright.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Nelson has less baggage (the Che thing), experience in a State Upper House and is also polling higher.

Bosworth is the Nancy Mace of South Dakota, while Nelson's the Lee Bright.
    The situation in SD is some what similar to that of SC and in SC I'd agree with you that the candidate with more experience seems to be the stronger one, but not in this case. Look at her FB page as an example of her recent surge in support, almost 75k likes with over 600k odd some people talking about her. It really makes her Che picture a non-story and because most of her potential baggage has been brought to light before her surge in support, its now irrelevant really. If its any representation of her support in SD, I would even say she will be polling ahead of Rounds when the next major poll comes out.

The baggage we know of has become irrelevant due to her dramatic increase in support I should say. I would like to know her stances on issues better personally, but I believe she has become the stronger candidate.

I follow her Facebook feed. She posts a lot of things that make me think she will be less liberty and more traditional conservative. I am probably going to drop her to a fellow traveler on my website.

Regardless, she would be a positive addition to the Senate.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She announced this week she had raised an impressive $315,000, second only to Mike Rounds, and more than Stace Nelson's $31,000.

She also had a great interview with Steve Deace this week where she was very articulate about how the ACA has destroyed doctor/patient confidentiality. She even gave a shout-out to Rand Paul: http://stevedeace.com/headline/deace...cast-01-29-14/

Hot damn. WAY second to Rounds, really. Again, money doesn't make or break it, but she'll need to step it up.

Beyond supporting liberty, I look at two things to determine if a candidate is serious: money and miles

How many miles has Stace Nelson and Annette Bosworth put on their vehicle crossing the state?