Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help an Aussie donate... The $2-extra pledge!

You got it! I'm at $52 right now. I may go higher, depending on how things are going by 9:30 tonight!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's an idea..

Since the store purchases count toward donations, if he's comfortable with it - someone could buy him one of those limited buttons, or a shirt, or something, and ship it to him.

?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PayPal the money to someone who has a lot of posts here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    PayPal the money to someone who has a lot of posts here?
    Now where on to something!

Be careful guys....don't leave a paper trial. I am saying that it is Illegal for him to give money to any of us to donate to RP, BUT he can legally give us a "gift" it will probably end up in the right place

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRocksMyWorld View Post
    Be careful guys....don't leave a paper trial. I am saying that it is Illegal for him to give money to any of us to donate to RP, BUT he can legally give us a "gift" it will probably end up in the right place
    What if we started a ebay store and they bought products. That money is now our money. Which would go towards the grassroots.

We could do that too I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by raiha View Post
    ...I'm a kiwi, ...
    Raiha,

Didn't you folks in New Zealand have your own quasi-libertarian revolution yourselves back in the '80's? If you ever have time to describe what happened, there might be some useful lessons for us in the USA. Thanks!

Count me in for $5 for you for RP for us

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll give $10 for ya, when I donate again later.
    Pledge to buy Dr Paul's upcoming book (and read the preface!):

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

#4 on Amazon and climbing! Pre-order it here:

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

My other long term project is a Free Recycling website called
    http://FreeSharing.org
    There is a paypal link at the bottom that has been used in the past to collect funds for the Spam Spartanburg event.

Any money raised thru donations at that site have been routinely passed on to the Ron Paul campaign as all the operating expenses have been paid for the year.

Thats probably all I can say.

eb
    Been a long time....

Dear Richard XXXXXXX,

Thank you very much for your donation of $102.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
    141959-0J9113598B242813P

UPDATE: $89

jrich4rpaul - extra $2
    KewlRonduderules - extra $2
    microchip - extra $2
    jpinkerton - extra $2
    Kingfisher - extra $4!
    archemeedees - extra $2
    Paulitical Correctness - a very generous $20! + extra $2 + extra $8 for David Bowie's music XD!!
    Noztnac - extra $2 + extra $2 for a cute Koala named Puala
    rrroae - extra $2
    Ksuguy - a generous $5 extra
    MadTheologian - extra $2
    mstrmac1 - extra $5
    nospinradio - extra $2
    jt8025 - extra $2 + extra $2 for Puala the Ron Paul Koala
    RevolutionSD - extra $2 (maybe more )
    promagma - extra $2
    Nyte - extra $5!
    CelestialRender - extra $10! Just lovely!
    Paulinista4TW - a proven extra $2

I'll let you guys know what I plan to do re: buying stuff/paypal transfers, but I assure you I don't intend to do anything illegal!

Meanwhile... I'm only $11 short!

this is great, btw does anyone know if a foreigner can help donate for an ad or the blimp etc?

get a store up by 16th december and ill buy $50 worth of 'goods'

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    This is just an idea, and it's my first post... so don't be hatin'... but .. I REALLY want to donate $100 tomorrow, alas I'm an Aussie.

Therefore I need to find 50 people who will be happy to donate an extra $2 more than they originally intended. I don't know exactly what to say to encourage you to do this, but this comes to mind:

Up until this year I pretty much hated everything that America stood for. Well... Ron Paul makes me want to be American.

Up to you

Nice idea Bowie! And good to see fellow Aussies on here.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules
    It is illegal for foreigners to donate but I hear you.
    True but there are [Admin - remove FEC violation technique ]
    Last edited by Bryan; 11-30-2007 at 08:31 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Didn't you folks in New Zealand have your own quasi-libertarian revolution yourselves back in the '80's? If you ever have time to describe what happened, there might be some useful lessons for us in the USA. Thanks!"
    Yes and there is no revolutionary like an old revolutionary.

Indeed we had a strong experience of “people power” in the eighties, precipitated by the election of an witty and highly intelligent prime minister (David Lange) who did not like being told what to do by the U.S Government of the time. We have always had a reputation as being staunchly anti-nuclear because many tests the Americans and the French conducted were in the Pacific and we are a Pacific nation. Indeed the people of Rongelap, a tiny Micronesian island, had to be evacuated (by Greenpeace in the end because no one else would take responsibility) because of the radiation poisoning in their food-chain and the birth defects and cancers in the population dating from the tests (atmospheric as well as underground.)

So David Lange took a very strong stance against nuclear weapons and along with the grass-roots movement that exploded (as your movement is exploding) he refused to allow nuclear-armed or powered ships into New Zealand waters, a policy that New Zealand continues to this day.
    But the people did it! Whenever the ships arrived we'd take to the seas in our flotilla of little boats...it even got a bit like Dunkirk at time with all this riff raff floating about these big aircraft carriers/submarines. Mind you we all ended up in the pub chewing the fat with the guys off the boats in the end...all friendly enough.
    We all just declared our houses, our towns, our counties, nuclear free with Nuclear Free stickers and posters everywhere. Mayors of towns and cities declared their towns nuclear free. You would drive down the road and every second town had a billboard saying “Tokoroa is a Nuclear Free Zone” Paid for out of the rates! It mushroomed.(Ha ha) The People prevailed!
    Lange simply enshrined in legislation (1985) what was happening on the streets.

The policy had the effect of prohibiting U.S. and British naval ships from visiting New Zealand. This displeased the U.S.A. and Australia. They regarded the policy as a breach of ANZUS and as an abrogation of responsibility in the context of the cold war against the Soviet Union. Naturally the inevitable accusations that we were all commies flew about but we were and are still unrepentant. The US suspended its treaty obligations to New Zealand until the re-admission of U.S. Navy ships to New Zealand. The perceived "crisis" made front-page headlines for weeks in many American newspapers, and media quoted U.S. cabinet members as expressing a deep sense of "betrayal".
    David Lange was invited to the Oxford Union Debate to argue the morality of nuclear weapons with Jerry Falwell. He won and got a standing ovation. We were ecstatic and some of us were at the airport to greet him when he arrived back.
    What we had was a very supportive mainstream media. Cartoonists portrayed David as David and U.S. as Goliath. When we had marches and rallies, the police were always fantastic and did all they could to open up the streets for us. We only had a population of three million then and it was so easy to have an effect for the good in that regard for that reason.
    That is why I feel so optimistic about what you people are doing.
    We had a small population. You have the Internet! Kia Kaha or as they would say in “Galaxy Quest”:
    “Never Surrender, Never Give Up”.
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

Ron Craig,

Thank you very much for your donation of $104.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign

I wish there was a way for me to donate as well! I'm an American, but I turn 18 in February and when I tried to donate I noticed the part where I had to say I was at least 18. So I'm trying to see if I can at least donate to the blimp project

I like online store idea

Greetings All,

What about purchase Ron Paul items from a reputable online source not related to the campaign and then not have those items delivered but rather allow them to be freely distributed instead? I don't know the legal details but so long as this has nothing to do with the official campaign... Any lawyers out there?

Either that or maybe buy the pocket sized versions of the US Constitution and have them sent to US elected officials with a note saying "Read this please for both our countries sakes!" or "A prescription for your big-government illness courtesy of Dr. Paul"

I've got to take my car in for repairs today so I have to see what that will cost me before I donate, but I'll add $2.00 to my November 30th contribution for the international goodwill effort

William C Colley

Hey Bowie,

Just donated 40 dollars.

Thanks for your support, mate. <3

If you live in another country please get the word on Dr. Paul out. The international media needs to know about Ron Paul and support from overseas would be a big boost. The American war machine is trying to suppress his message and it's very hard for Americans to even hear his message. So many here don't even know about him.

If the international media embraces him and he gets international support I think it would go a long way in convincing the silent majority here in the USA that are sick of living in this big business dictatorship we've woken up to.

Other free countries please help the cause. The world depends on it.
    Last edited by USCisCarolina; 11-30-2007 at 04:46 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got an extra $2.00 for you and $2.00 for Mick Fanning
    Ninth Amendment:
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I'll add $5. Thanks for the interest. By the way, Ron Paul Forums has information for foreign fans of Ron Paul.

Click here...
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181
    Last edited by LSUiLike; 11-30-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Bowie--
    $2 extra donated for you. We had to do it under my husband's name, but there it is!

Brandon XXXXXXXX,
    Thank you very much for your donation of $27.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Your confirmation number:
    T147094-104255466
    Let Freedom Ring

Bowie,

Another 25 for the hour-long money bomb.

I was honestly going to save for the Tea Party, but you really inspired me to go ahead and donate now - this way when I see those Tea Party donations sky rocket, I'll be inclined to donate again.

Seeing your enthusiasm for Dr. Paul forced me to donate today.

So..

Bowie,

Thank you very much for your donation of $65.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast