Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

I'm holding fiat... looking for consolidation to become very tight... then I'll buy in for a short 3-5% gain... before existing long to fiat for a month or two, for the final leg of bubble deflation. I might short play the bull trap on the way down.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by presence; 12-31-2013 at 01:17 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

I suspect PPC/USD and NMC/USD to have the widest margins to play through consolidation.

I would expect LTC/USD to have the most reliable and bold breakout potential at the end of consolidation; although NMC always has that crazy punch when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/...-bitcoin-fund/
    Sounds like the institutional investors and their managers are coming big in 2014.
    Agreed... but I would suspect they have the trading sense to wait until February to buy.

Doubtless institutional investors will be the ones which push the price to $10k / BTC.

I'm hoping to hold 30% more btc when that time comes

Open orders, buying centers @:

$4.22 / PPC

$4.82 / NMC

These are short plays during consolidation; banking in fiat otherwise.
    Last edited by presence; 12-31-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I suspect PPC/USD and NMC/USD to have the widest margins to play through consolidation.

I would expect LTC/USD to have the most reliable and bold breakout potential at the end of consolidation; although NMC always has that crazy punch when you least expect it.
    Make sure you don't stay in PPC and believe in it too much. Day-trade only. "Proof of Stake" systems with unlimited supply caps is a crypto ponzi. These types of alts will consolidate and eat each other alive.

Sunny King may be a smart coder and have a cool personality, but PPC is 100% liberal in economic theory. I just don't see it ending well.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 12-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    Make sure you don't stay in PPC and believe in it too much. Day-trade only. "Proof of Stake" systems with unlimited supply caps is a crypto ponzi. These types of alts will consolidate and eat each other alive.

Sunny King may be a smart coder and have a cool personality, but PPC is 100% liberal in economic theory. I just don't see it ending well.
    As a rule of thumb, I never hold NMC or PPC more than 72 hours and I only buy deep red.

MSC and MST are both

"Mastercoin"

MSC is more formally the "Mastercoin - Exodus Project" a new protocol on the bitcoin blockchain which will allow tangibles to be traded within bitcoin.

MST is traded at cryptsy and is a junk coin.

You want learn more about MS
    C asap.

here are some links to get you started:

Price is up from 0.01 btc to 0.3 btc in past month.

This is a rock solid project w/ whitepaper

It currently is still traded via escrow and google spreadsheet; you're in on the ground floor so to speak. \

learn more about buying MSC here:
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287145.0

More general info here:
    http://www.mastercoin.org/
    http://www.mastercoin.org/#resources
    http://blog.mastercoin.org/

google spreadsheet to trade:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

giveaway, (paused last I checked)
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272577.0
    http://mastercoin-faucet.com/bitcointalk-intro

whitepaper
    https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec

July 2013 Announcement Thread:
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0

first live "exchange" :
    http://mcoin.io/#/

5000 BTC have been raised to fund this project:

Coding contest:
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292628.0

Many MasterCoin functions are now available online (Note site disclaimers! There may still be bugs!):

We now have:

Last edited by presence; 01-01-2014 at 12:22 PM.

There is new money and I don't know where its coming from...

PPC just went parabolic.

BTC gox looking very bullish
    LTCusd very strong

NMC looking strong.

*ALERT*

trading sideways may no longer be the game.

I may have underestimated our market... it seems that BTC may still be coming up out of despair but it was slowed down because the alts are sponging the money.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ppc

I'm back to holding LTC.

I'll sleep in it tonight.

Can you sum up Mastercoin for me?

If the price already went from .01 btc to .3 btc, do you really think it's going to get close to or overcome btc in value? If that happens, then what happens to the price of btc? Are we supposed to assume that msc is the new thing now?

Sorry if this is a lot of questions, but how is it different from btc in terms of how it works, and what makes you think it's going to get bigger?
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 01-01-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Can you sum up Mastercoin for me?

If the price already went from .01 btc to .3 btc, do you really think it's going to get close to or overcome btc in value? If that happens, then what happens to the price of btc? Are we supposed to assume that msc is the new thing now?

Sorry if this is a lot of questions, but how is it different from btc in terms of how it works, and what makes you think it's going to get bigger?

Mastercoin is not a new "alt coin"; you can better think of it as an additional color coding of bitcoin.

As a metaphor, if this is Bitcoin:

This is Mastercoin:

Both $20 face value.

I'm still coming to understand the project myself... its quite complex and multi layered.... its not just "gold backed bitcoin" or "commodity backed bitcoin"; but something bigger.

I've sent PM's to the dev team to help me further comprehend the project... I'll post updates as I become more familiar. Until then I suggest you read the whitepaper

https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec

Our claims are built on the following assumptions:

• Alternate block chains [ALT COINS] compete with bitcoins financially, confuse our message to the world, and dilute our efforts. These barriers interfere with the adoption momentum of bitcoin and the adoption momentum of alternate currencies as well, regardless of how well-conceived their rules may be.
    • New protocol layers on top of the bitcoin protocol will increase bitcoin values, consolidate our message to the world, and concentrate our efforts, while still allowing individuals and groups to issue new currencies with experimental new rules. The success of any experimental currency protocol layer will enhance the value and success of the foundational bitcoin protocol.
    • Getting consensus and widespread adoption from the bitcoin community is not needed to add protocol layers, since no changes to the foundational bitcoin protocol are required.
    • Tiny bitcoin transactions can be encoded into the block chain to support and represent transactions in higher protocol layers.
    • A protocol can pay for its own software development, “bootstrapping” itself into existence, utilizing a trusted entity to hold funds and hire developers.
    • It is possible to create tools to allow end users to create currency protocol layers which have a stable value, pegged to an external currency or commodity. In this way, users of these currencies can own stabilized virtual currency tied to U.S. Dollars, Euros, ounces of gold, barrels of oil, etc.
    • It is possible for users of these new currencies to exchange between currencies with each other using simple rules and no central exchange. [ie no need for btc-e, gox, huobi, etc.]
    MasterCoin is a new protocol layer on top of bitcoin which adds

features for improved security,
    distributed exchange between bitcoins and coins on higher protocol layers,
    distributed betting on real-world stuff,
    user-created currencies and property tokens,
    and even user-created currencies which track real-world values like the price of an ounce of gold.

If you've been living under a rock, you may not know that

we recently raised nearly 5000 BTC to build

a new protocol layer on top of bitcoin. The new layer is NOT an alt-chain currency - it's built right on top of bitcoin, and is called "MasterCoin"

I am VERY excited to announce that I now have a complete specification for building a protocol layer on top of bitcoin (like how HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP). [check this link for more on HTTP vs TCP/IP to understand the metaphor]

The coins of the new layer have

• Additional security features to make your money much harder to steal
    • Built-in support for a distributed currency exchange
    • Built-in support for distributed betting (no need to trust a website to coordinate bets)
    • Built-in support for "smart property" which can be used to create and transfer property such as titles, deeds, or stock in a company
    • Capability to hold a stable user-defined value, such as an ounce of gold or U.S. Dollar, with no need to trust a person promising to back up that value

This is a significant improvement over anything we've had before, including colored coins. This protocol has been my life's work for over two years now, and you can finally get a piece of it today!

Want more details?

About me:

MasterCoins are intended to be an investment opportunity on par with buying bitcoins when they first came out. However, as with bitcoins, there are a lot of risks too. Before you buy MasterCoins, please take a few minutes to read my summary of some of the ways this could go wrong and you could lose your money: https://sites.google.com/site/2ndbtc...rCoinRisks.pdf

Perhaps you have heard of the Genesis Block, from which the first bitcoins were created. MasterCoins have a similar starting point in the bitcoin block chain, called the “Exodus Address” (http://blockchain.info/address/1EXoD...4UHEf77z6A5S4P). MasterCoins were created by sending bitcoins to the Exodus Address during the month of August 2013. That fundraiser is now over, and anyone wishing to buy MasterCoins will have to purchase them from an early adopter.

Bitcoins raised in the fundraiser are being used to fund the development of software implementing the MasterCoin protocol. The fundraiser was structured like a kickstarter, but it is also an investment.

If we're successful, the purchased MasterCoins could be worth a tremendous amount of money someday.

Thanks to everyone who participated, helping us raise over half a million dollars worth of bitcoins. We're tracking every every expenditure of that money in a public ledger: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&usp=sharing
    Last edited by presence; 01-01-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Looks like I can exit that nmc position soon. you still in presence?

Yes... I'm still holding. I'm going to give up on the day trade gig next few days, busy w/ life... waiting on that last pop of LTC before exiting to fiat. I'm sensing we're @ 23.6 charting forward at about a half percent average gain daily until LTC pops up for 5%... then begins its post bubble deflation.

best of luck... read up on MSC. Lemme know what you think.

As far as I can tell, MSC is the same thing as bitcoin, except with added features that allow it to be traded without a third party, right? That's pretty neat considering the fact that it eliminates exchange fees and trusting a third party. I'm still not sure what its prospects are, however, or what the upward potential is. I'm also kind of apprehensive about the effect it could have on the value of regular btc, so I must say I'm torn right now.

After reading that whole thing about Mastercoin I still don't understand it. It sounds like they are being cryptic on purpose with the so-called usefulness of extra protocol layers and giving props to Bitcoin to appear friendly to the community. They have yet to give a real world example of its use. Although I have yet to watch the videos.

MasterCoins were created by sending bitcoins to the Exodus Address during the month of August 2013. That fundraiser is now over, and anyone wishing to buy MasterCoins will have to purchase them from an early adopter.
    Yuck. Feels like a premine.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As expected....

Huobi, the market volume leader has now entered a very tight consolidation;

BTC is now 4355y holding very steady.

Here are 4 hour candles, and 3 minute candles below

The "expectation" is a short and quick 5% gain at the tip of consolidation as the bulls make their last run... followed by reversal of trend and then 60 days of steady decline.

This is a consolidation however and "the way it breaks" ; up/down is much more difficult to predict than the fact that it "would consolidate" after despair.

So you really want to watch your charts; especially huobi right now.

It would be from this place we could

1) most likely 5% up short then ... 40% down over 60 days

2) regain momentum and enter "double top" of 7500y (unlikely)

3) make an unlikely, yet plausible 30% short gain over 24 hours back to 5200y area.

odds:

1) 85%; my expectation

2) 5% highly doubtful

3) 10%; could happen if there is enough enthusiasm.

message sent to btce support; ticket opened:

RE: Please consider mBTC notation of trading pairs

Пожалуйста, обратите внимание mBTC обозначения торговых пар

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_figures

"The significant figures of a number are those digits that carry meaning contributing to its precision."

------------------------------------------------------
    Terracoin (TRC) and Feathercoin (FTC) are both trading with only 2 "significant figures"; trading at:

0.00068/btc for TRC last, and (significant figure "68")

0.00055/btc for FTC last (significant figure "55"

In each trading pair there are only 2 significant digits and because of this you will loose market share as investors loose interest in trading coins without precise values.

BTC/USD last is $745.667/btc that has 6 significant figures (745667) and allows for much more market interest and precise placement of bids.

Please consider mBTC notation for your alt coins, especially in pricing FTC and TRC.

This decision would increase demand and trading frequency building on YOUR FEE REVENUE and building interest in these alt coins.

I expect that noting all trading pairs including NMC, PPC, and LTC in mBTC rather than BTC would have a similar effect.

"mBTC" is the coming standard for trade in alt coins, see this web page for more info on converting BTC prices to mBTC:

http://www.btcpedia.com/what-is-mbtc...in-conversion/

thank you for your time and kind regards,

litepresence

via google translate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_figures

" Значительные показатели ряда те цифры , которые несут означает вклад в его точности. "

-------------------------------------------------- ----
    Terracoin (TRC) и Feathercoin (FTC) оба торгуется только 2 " значимых фигур " ; торгуется :

0.00068/btc для TRC в прошлом , и ( значимой фигурой " 68 " )

0.00055/btc для FTC в прошлом ( значимой фигурой "55"

В каждой торговой пары есть только 2 значащие цифры , и из-за этого вы потеряете долю рынка , поскольку инвесторы теряют интерес к торговым монет без точных значений .

BTC / USD в прошлом составляет $ 745.667/btc , что имеет 6 значащих цифр ( 745667 ) и позволяет гораздо более рыночно интерес и точном размещении заявок .

Пожалуйста, обратите внимание обозначения mBTC для ваших альт монет , особенно в ценообразовании FTC и TRC .

Это решение приведет к увеличению спроса и торговли частоты здание на ваш гонорар ДОХОДА и строительной интереса к этим альт монет .

Я ожидаю, что отметить все торговые пары в том числе NMC , PPC, и LTC в mBTC , а не БТД будет иметь такой же эффект .

" mBTC " является приход стандартом для торговли в альт монет см. на веб- страницу для получения дополнительной информации о конвертации BTC цены на mBTC :

http://www.btcpedia.com/what-is-mbtc...in-conversion/

спасибо за ваше время и наилучшими пожеланиями,

litepresence

Approaching 00800

Approaching 00800
    **high-five**

The "expectation" is a short and quick 5% gain at the tip of consolidation as the bulls make their last run... followed by reversal of trend and then 60 days of steady decline.

This is a consolidation however and "the way it breaks" ; up/down is much more difficult to predict than the fact that it "would consolidate" after despair.

So you really want to watch your charts; especially huobi right now.

It would be from this place we could

1) most likely 5% up short then ... 40% down over 60 days

2) regain momentum and enter "double top" of 7500y (unlikely)

3) make an unlikely, yet plausible 30% short gain over 24 hours back to 5200y area.

odds:

1) 85%; my expectation

2) 5% highly doubtful

3) 10%; could happen if there is enough enthusiasm.
    You lost me at the last part, 85%, 5%, and 10%... of what? How is 85% your expectation while 5% is highly doubtful?

**high-five**
    I just exited NMC @ 00782 for roughly 20% gain (bought in in USD... so its a rough gain)

You lost me at the last part, 85%, 5%, and 10%... of what? How is 85% your expectation while 5% is highly doubtful?
    sorry...

I was saying option 1 was 8.5 in 10 odds

option 2 was 1/2 in 10 odds

option 3 was 1 in 10 odds

follow?

sorry bout confusion.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you're saying there are 85% odds of a 5% 24 hour increase followed by a 40% decrease?

Litecoin begins interacting with long support

0316 ltc/btc bottom?
    Last edited by presence; 01-02-2014 at 01:40 AM.

So you're saying there are 85% odds of a 5% 24 hour increase followed by a 40% decrease?
    That's what I'm banking on. 40% decrease will be over the course of 60 days

I just exited NMC @ 00782 for roughly 20% gain (bought in in USD... so its a rough gain)
    Almost slept in it.

out 00769

Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast