Page 13 of 177 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

Mozarts "Requiem" in D Minor Time

Just have a look at the charts at the bottom of the list:

http://cryptmarketcap.com/

scroll to bottom.

This is the time of the monthly lunar cycle when these things should be going up for these Alts too.

I mean how can the price be going up on some, mined coinbase stay the same or increase in a minor way and yet the Market Cap is going down???

This image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyv4tg58xi...ad%20Coins.jpg

For all these coins Mozart's Requiem in D Minor applies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ra0wDScRwg

Lets just put them out of their misery now. Just visual coin pollution on the Coin Charts list and a waste of time!

Yep includes Unobtanium, don't get sucked in!

Requiem . . . unfinished at the time of Mozarts Death, just like these coins are all but finished and people refuse to accept their death is a fait accomplis! Irreversible now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

New Coin List

Trading Potential (Top 10)

Dogecoin (DOGE)
    Mooncoin (MOON)
    Litecoin (LTC)
    Peercoin (PPC)
    Namecoin (NMC)
    Primecoin (XPM)
    Worldcoin (WDC) - this thing better show some vital signs soon else it needs to get ditched
    Novacoin (NVC)
    Megacoin (MEC)
    Digitalcoin (DGC)

Mining Potential (Top 5)

Dogecoin (DOGE) - Probably better than MOON right now particularly with a "mine and hold strategy"
    Mooncoin (MOON)
    Grandcoin (GDC)
    Mincoin (MMC)
    Digitalcoin (DGC)

Quote Originally Posted by SomewhereInOz View Post

Earthcoin (EAC) - Market Cap up +95.62%
    Mooncoin (MOON) - not recommended by Multipool.us then - Market Cap up +254.07%
    Worldcoin (WDC) - Market Cap down - -8.16%
    Zetacoin (ZET) - Market Cap up +8.07%
    Dogecoin (DOGE) - Market Cap up +75.83%
    Lottocoin (LOT) - Market Cap up +151.21%
    Grandcoin (GDC) - Market Cap up +15.5%
    Remember, just as a Trader never goes chasing "Green Candles", we should NEVER wake up to this and go chasing yesterdays news.

Just take this on board as part of research for now, and keep researching your best opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    Not quite right on Multipool, I have been mining this site for a few months and it is very profitable precisely because of what you stated regarding the formula it uses to determine profitability.

However, it is not difficult at all to get the coin off of Multipool . . .
    Was just indicating that when I was participating with everyone else in the pool I ended up with bits and pieces of CAP, CGB, MEC, MNC and other Altcoins that multipool decided to switch to for brief moments, and now the only way to cash in on them is to switch my rigs back to them long enough to get the cashout total to greater than 1.0 of each coin.

Not really a big problem, happy to abandon them in favour of focusing of coins that are profitable.

Please just humour me and try this

Humour me and try this experiment.

Go to Google and switch to Images for your search.

Type in an Altcoin, any altcoin and do a search.

Just for grins I have chosen Copperlark for this experiment the most obscure coin I could think of, but I have done it for quite a few coins in the last 24 hours - same results.

Now scroll down through the image results you find in your search.

Tell me you don't see DOGE the dog in your search and I will send you a Million Moonies :-)

Now pretend you are a new person (one of the 6.999999 Billion on the planet who hasn't figured this out yet) who has heard a bit about this cryptocurrency thing, but all of a sudden wants to learn more . . .

Are you getting it yet?

N E T W O R K E F F E C T is E V E R Y T H I N G !!!!

Have you got your DOGE's locked down yet?

LOTsa Luck

I don't know, but I think my luck might run out if I push this one any further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18vgvufosj...tsa%20Luck.jpg

Multipool suggested LOT (Lottocoin) was a good deal to mine a week or so ago, so I decided to switch the rigs over for about 6-8 hours and grab 227,000 coins. For the longest while it was only worth 0.01 BTC.

A sale now means 0.129 BTC. Think I will grab it and not push my luck on LOT any further.

Small gains over and over works best I think, besides which I now know what the long and winding downtrend hopium road looks like.

Onto the searching out and finding the next one to mine.

Who says Scrypt Mining is dead? Its very profitable as far as I can see.

Actually considering picking up more parts to build another rig or two particularly since each one can be paid off in about a months time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually considering picking up more parts to build another rig or two particularly since each one can be paid off in about a months time.
    Happy to explain the parts and software needed if of interest. Basically once all the parts are available, 5 hours later it's mining and making coin. Very simple to do.

I remember getting all excited at seeing Bill Still's video on 28 November as well. A good chance to watch it again but this time pay particular attention to his body language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIkpZ73GMG4

By his own admission in the video, he is not an expert on the Cryptos and is newly involved in them at that point in time.

Full Disclosure: At the intro to the video he mentions he 'owns' a position in Quarkcoin, the proper thing to do.

Watching the video again it leaves me with this question, as he does not fully describe at that stage that a full 90% of the coin had been mined and that the remaining 10% would be mined out by 31 December 2013.

Question: How did he gain this ownership position in Quarkcoin? Could it be the developers knew he was a respected economic adviser with a widespread following on the Internet and put a bug in his ear and a 20-30 Million Quarkcoins into his wallet to spruik it for what they anticipated would be an amazing financial gain?

Quarkcoin chart time:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymbzi5s0sc...20Nov%2013.jpg

After this interview was aired on Quarkcoin, it quickly saw a 7300% gain. Bingo! Must have made the developers much smile and very happy. Very worthwhile to shed those 20-30 Million Quarks for such a gain. ;-)

Always be suspicious of ANY cryptocurrency spruiker who all of a sudden has a 'bolt from heaven moment' and all of a sudden begins promoting a majorly pre-mined coin such as Quarkcoin.

100% ROI for the future from here? Highly doubtful. Could be, but why would anyone settle for a 100% ROI on Quarkcoin when you can get a 1000% ROI elsewhere. Something to think about. In a word its deadsville.

Then there is this Clif High Wujo (16 December 2013) which specifically saw Quarkcoin in the short-term immediacy Web Bot data as being the one coin that was a Con-coin and would shock the world by falling away to $0 very early in 2014:

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/audio/w...62013quark.mp3

Only need to listen for first 15 mins.

I think a follow on Wujo in later December was the one where the Death of Quarkcoin was predicted with a specific date in late January. You will have to dig through is site to find it:

www.halfpasthuman.com

Must really take on board Clif's discussion however of 'network effect', and understand how and why DOGE and MOON are doing so well. Network Effect is EVERYTHING! Without Network Effect then the vast majority of the 75 Altcoins are basically dead already.

Will say it again, no coins left to mine, means Quarkcoin is dead. Whereas too many other Altcoins provide the opportunity to make money, then Quarkcoin has nowhere left to go but down.

Quarkcoin not "IS" a Pump and Dump scheme. Quarkcoin "WAS" an early December Pump and Dump scheme and now we are seeing the inevitable January end result.

Can't be viable long term because there is nothing left to mine and the whole world has turned its back to it now.

The price now is 8.8 cents. Consider it lucky to get that, because tomorrow it could be 7 cents. The day after 6 cents, etc. etc.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if your Dad is a Quark owner. If not, then this is a good thing.
    He is very stubborn. I advised him to get out of quark, but he is still convinced it's going to go up to a dollar. He hasn't sank much into it yet, so at least there's that. I will see if I can prevent him from getting any more. Will keep advising to sell because it doesn't look like it has long left. I will never understand why he trusts internet economists so readily. It doesn't matter how long you've been listening to them, you still don't KNOW them. He may have to learn the hard way.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Damn it all if that Mooncoin isn't at it again.

http://coinmarketcap.com/mineable.html

31st place and an $856K market cap now. Should be moving up to compete with the likes of LOT, EAC and TRC soon.

Ideally will rest in the high teens on the list.

Just wish these guys would start listing it, so we could see the mined vs remainder to be mined numbers:

http://cryptmarketcap.com/

The Moon . . . Earth's only naturally orbiting satellite with a major influence on the Crypto prices. You kinda gotta give it some respect.

384 Billion coins only to be mined, one for each millimeter from here to the moon.

Mooncoin Blog here -> http://mooncoin.wordpress.com/

Mooncoin. You know where it’s headed.
    TRC? I thought TRC dropped off the list, along with NVC and FTC. There's a long list of question marks on coinmarketcap.com. Does that mean they've dropped to zero? That's what it seems like because there's no info for them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    He is very stubborn. I advised him to get out of quark, but he is still convinced it's going to go up to a dollar. He hasn't sank much into it yet, so at least there's that. I will see if I can prevent him from getting any more. Will keep advising to sell because it doesn't look like it has long left. I will never understand why he trusts internet economists so readily. It doesn't matter how long you've been listening to them, you still don't KNOW them. He may have to learn the hard way.
    Trusting Internet Economists so Readily?

Just like trusting all the other Schills on FOX, MSNBS, CNN and C-Bull$#@!-S in thinking QE to infinity is a good thing - sadly the old school trusting ppl still don't get it yet that the NWO Con-Artists are out to do anything and everything to screw them out of all their money, and so this is the same trust translating into the Cryptos and the Crypto developers which is very much misplaced. Very unfortunate.

The old school ppl are too trusting (my motto is "trust no-one, use discernment always" now), but oh well if they don't yet see this, and see how we've lived through 13 years of war which was promulgated on a BULL$#@! LIE about some boogeyman in a cave that never was, planes which supposedly slammed into buildings requiring action, that never were, and so trusting and blinded with "normalcy bias" to ever question the fact that their own Government and CIA had a hand in creating and promulgating this whole bull$#@! lie, oh well there is probably is not a lot one can do to help them at this point. Perhaps just easier to sit back and let the learning sink in the hard way.

The stubborness is just a symptom of a continued inability to accept the reality in which we now live. Its OK, this too shall pass . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    TRC? I thought TRC dropped off the list, along with NVC and FTC. There's a long list of question marks on coinmarketcap.com. Does that mean they've dropped to zero? That's what it seems like because there's no info for them anymore.
    I think that the ? marks mean that the website developer is just not receiving up to date info from the coin developers. Doesn't necessarily mean the coins are bad, its just that the info flow is not happening smoothly.

To my way of thinking this is a concern, because any coin where a developer is actively promoting it, would find such info passed onto coinmarketcap.com and cryptomarketcap.com daily with ease. So the coins with a ? mark are the ones to definitely watch and be concerned about.

Especially FTC right now, because the price is really fading fast.

Can someone who knows multipool.us explain this to me?

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/k75rl1n1uit4b2v/NotMiningMooncoin.jpg[/url
    Multipool switches what coin it is mining, if you check the tab called "Multiport" it will show you that it spent 5.6% of it's time mining MOON in the last 24 hours. So that would explain why you have coin coming in. Also after you finish mining for awhile you still have unconfirmed coin in your multipool account.

Now, how it wound up in your personal wallet? I have no idea.

Was just indicating that when I was participating with everyone else in the pool I ended up with bits and pieces of CAP, CGB, MEC, MNC and other Altcoins that multipool decided to switch to for brief moments, and now the only way to cash in on them is to switch my rigs back to them long enough to get the cashout total to greater than 1.0 of each coin.

Not really a big problem, happy to abandon them in favour of focusing of coins that are profitable.

Well, I just wait until multipool switches back to them a few more times and then when they hit my preset trade amount then off they go to Crypsy.

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    Multipool switches what coin it is mining, if you check the tab called "Multiport" it will show you that it spent 5.6% of it's time mining MOON in the last 24 hours. So that would explain why you have coin coming in. Also after you finish mining for awhile you still have unconfirmed coin in your multipool account.

Now, how it wound up in your personal wallet? I have no idea.
    Thanks, checked Multiport and it shows that I spent 5.6% of my time last 24 hours mining Mooncoin. Not sure how that happened as I don't recall doing it, but perhaps I fired up the Moon cgminer script on one of the machines at some stage in all the excitement and started mining.

For all mined coins I have them automatically sent to the exchange for conversion, rather than receiving them here first in a wallet, so its still a wonder how Mooncoins made their way here to my wallet, but oh well its seemed to have stopped now.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember, just as a Trader never goes chasing "Green Candles", we should NEVER wake up to this and go chasing yesterdays news.

Just take this on board as part of research for now, and keep researching your best opportunities.
    That's why PPC & NMC might be good moves again...

It's interesting to watch people play mind games with each other and see your order in the queue on btc wisdom. Seen a couple large orders cancel around me as we neared our turn to be taken on the buy side. Not sure what that means. Cancelled my open order before it was taken.

On the sell side is a boat load of very tiny fractional amounts. Not sure what that means either in terms of strategy or if a bot is playing people...

Trusting Internet Economists so Readily?

Just like trusting all the other Schills on FOX, MSNBS, CNN and C-Bull$#@!-S in thinking QE to infinity is a good thing - sadly the old school trusting ppl still don't get it yet that the NWO Con-Artists are out to do anything and everything to screw them out of all their money, and so this is the same trust translating into the Cryptos and the Crypto developers which is very much misplaced. Very unfortunate.

The old school ppl are too trusting (my motto is "trust no-one, use discernment always" now), but oh well if they don't yet see this, and see how we've lived through 13 years of war which was promulgated on a BULL$#@! LIE about some boogeyman in a cave that never was, planes which supposedly slammed into buildings requiring action, that never were, and so trusting and blinded with "normalcy bias" to ever question the fact that their own Government and CIA had a hand in creating and promulgating this whole bull$#@! lie, oh well there is probably is not a lot one can do to help them at this point. Perhaps just easier to sit back and let the learning sink in the hard way.

The stubborness is just a symptom of a continued inability to accept the reality in which we now live. Its OK, this too shall pass . . .
    Oh, he's definitely not a brainwashed statist. He doesn't trust anything mainstream, but the problem is that he falls for a lot of convincing bullshitters who are just looking for an audience or trying to get attention or scam someone. Some of the stuff he's gotten into is just crazy but he just doesn't know how to verify things so he lets his own bias decide if he should trust someone and he often ends up trusting the craziest ones.

He still thinks the Iraqi Dinar is going to go up in value %1000 overnight... one of these days. I can't convince him otherwise because, like every bull$#@! story, it contains some element of truth to make all the bull$#@! more believable.

I think that the ? marks mean that the website developer is just not receiving up to date info from the coin developers. Doesn't necessarily mean the coins are bad, its just that the info flow is not happening smoothly.

To my way of thinking this is a concern, because any coin where a developer is actively promoting it, would find such info passed onto coinmarketcap.com and cryptomarketcap.com daily with ease. So the coins with a ? mark are the ones to definitely watch and be concerned about.

Especially FTC right now, because the price is really fading fast.
    Oh, I see. They all appeared at the bottom of the list so I thought that just mean they were too insignificant to really count. Regardless, though, there are a lot more of them now than there used to be, so that may be a sign that we are about to enter a crypto-coin bloodbath.

mah 00747 namecoins are $#@!tin' zee bed. should probably get more soon.

btc movement is so sideways and boring...causing me to be a chicken.

You guys just holler when it's time to buy something... I have no clue.... don't even understand much of what you are saying, or the charts.. I'll check in every few hours... just say BUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY or SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ..

Worldcoin Buy

Worldcoin (WDC) finally starting to show some life:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uugye3zh1j...20Jan%2013.jpg

Might be time to pick up a few.

If you notice from the long term chart it doesn't play like all the others in terms of the Lunar trend.

I'd buy some, but have already mined a bunch. Just looking now for the best time to sell them.

New Coin to Ignore

I suppose it was inevitably bound to happen:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/334...ck/#entry29691

Total Coins => 100696969

Pre-mine 5% => 5034848

When I see any pre-mine whatsoever, I immediately ignore the coin.

Think back to LTC, DOGE, MOON etc. Not a single pre-mined coin at all.

Miners are clued into this now and won't touch a coin with any pre-mine. No miners and the coins dead in the water.

But its good to keep researching what's coming up around the corner.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Another One

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/333...nt/#entry29599

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here to come up with new Altcoin ideas.

PTC - Platinum Coin

Might be worth watching, Zero Pre-Mine

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/320...fo/#entry28094

but its Sha-256 so no good for GPU miners

Multipool suggested LOT (Lottocoin) was a good deal to mine a week or so ago, so I decided to switch the rigs over for about 6-8 hours and grab 227,000 coins. For the longest while it was only worth 0.01 BTC.

A sale now means 0.129 BTC. Think I will grab it and not push my luck on LOT any further.
    Hung on a tad bit longer and managed a 0.1375 BTC trade. Should I have hung in a bit longer? Perhaps, but as I am playing a bunch of coins right now, will be happy with this one and move along to the next opportunity.

Its always good to have some BTC available in case something pops up out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    You guys just holler when it's time to buy something... I have no clue.... don't even understand much of what you are saying, or the charts.. I'll check in every few hours... just say BUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY or SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ..
    Hi Diane, are you looking for BUY and SELL signals to get into BTC for the first time, or do you already have some?

You've indicated that you don't understand the charts but without some idea of how charting works it will only be a lucky guess as to whether or not you buy at the right time and sell at the right time.

Understanding how to read charts and technical analysis is not all that hard, but in the beginning some focused study is required.

Suggest you visit:

www.4shared.com (don't need to join up as a member, can just request initial downloads for free) and search for and download this presentation:

7 Chart Patterns That Consistently Make Money.pdf

It is 71 pages, and it reviews various chart patterns and signals to watch for, and will enable you to begin getting into the lingo.

As a beginning trader, you kinda want to have a win straight away, else you will get discouraged and perhaps abandon the idea. So I will walk through an example with PPC and NMC coming up in the next 10 days and show what to look for.

Have you thought of purchasing perhaps just 0.5 BTC and setting up an account on Cryptsy and try trading it to see if you can make it into 0.625 BTC? This is not a big gain, but its not a big risk either. In doing so, you will better understand the mechanics of trading and all the tools required.

Cryptsy as an exchange has some good and bad about it. All up its an good site and pretty easy to find your way around. The bad is it really bogs down when trading volume spikes, but for the example I will walk you through this won't matter because you will be making buy/sell decisions way before such volume spikes happen.

In terms of purchasing BTC, I just use www.localbitcoins.com, go to the chosen Bitcoin Sellers bank and deposit the funds into their account. 30 mins later I have my Bitcoins. Yes, purchasing there can cost a premium, but if you are constantly watching, you will find some vendors come on and sell
    closer to spot pricing. Just try to pick a vendor with a number of positive feedbacks. Most of these vendors are probably traders who have accumulated some wins and who are deciding to sell some to get some cash out, so they are not going to mess around and not send the Bitcoins. Besides which, to sell on localbitcoins.com, you have to lock the Bitcoins down in an Escrow account before you can create a listing.

My issue is I know our Aussie is falling like a rock right now, headed to 80 cents very soon. So I was happy to pick up some BTC back at 95 cents so I could begin trading with them, even if it involved a localbitcoins trade premium.

So once you have your 0.5 BTC at your Localbitcoins.com wallet, you can send it straight to your wallet at Cryptsy and begin trading with it. When you go to move your purchased BTC from localbitcoins, this is when that site deducts a small percentage as your fee for using it. Don't be discouraged, its just a small bit. We'll make up for that in trading.

In the meantime, have you downloaded the Bitcoin-qt wallet? If not you may wish to begin doing that now, as it takes some time to synchronize it to the blockchain. As the blockchain is getting so large, you will want to find the Bitcoin bootstrap file (9 GBytes) and download it to your local hard drive and then position it so that your Bitcoin wallet sync's from that at first. Then the remainder of the blockchain that is missing, your wallet will find from searching the web. Still, all up this can take a couple of days so its best to get it started now. The bootstrap file is found as a Torrent download, so you will need a free tool like microtorrent to decompress it.

Okay so you have your 0.5 BTC at Cryptsy (or whichever exchange you select) and you're ready to begin. Lets look at charts for PPC coming up.

The first thing you want to do is look at the full history of PPC and see if you can detect a trading channel that it is currently in. For most of these coins, the trading history is just not long enough so there is a bit of guess work involved.

To generate a trading channel, Bitcoinwisdom.com is a pretty good site, as it seems to have the most trading history for the Altcoins. You will want to get used to using Bitcoinwisdom. So if we select PPCBTC and turn on the volume indicator and the MACD indicator we are ready to begin.

This image generated from the 12 hour data is our starting point:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0euhs7fje...20Jan%2014.jpg

By selecting the two spike high full candles from around 4 December and 3 January we draw the first line. This is the top of the channel. Notice how it leads back to roughly the earliest PPC traded value around October 11th. Notice also how I am ignoring all the intra-12 hour spike high fluff around early December. This was an abnormality for PPC. Next we are looking for a parallel line representing the bottom of our channel. For this I have chosen the low point around November 22nd and the spike low on December 18th. The first thing we notice after drawing this line is that todays trading value is outside of our trend channel. This is a good thing perhaps.

Its OK for PPC to move outside the the trend channel, it just means that after a while there should be a sharp reversal back inside the channel. In this case, if the trend channel is correct, its a screaming BUYING OPPORTUNITY. But not so quick, we are just using this as a learning exercise and the point is we don't want to lose any of your new 0.5 BTC, we only want to gain. Because a win on this trade means you gain confidence, then you watch for your next opportunity and pick a winning trade, gaining confidence and on and on it goes.

So before we leave this image generated at bitcoinwisdom. Lets look at an indicator which will tell us when we should buy, the MACD.

The MACD is the Moving Average Convergence Divergence. Basically its a measure of where our two moving averages are at and how far apart they are at any given stage. We have two moving averages, one near term and one longer term. Some people just trade on the moving average crosses which works but we're looking for an indicator here as to when PPC will stop falling and reverse back into the trend channel.

Again notice this is a 12 hour chart. Notice also that the MACD hills (green bars) and valleys (red bars) have symmetry with the price movements. What we are looking for is the first occurrence of a red MACD bar which is hollow and then a 2nd one which is hollow but slightly shorter. This is a good indication that PPC has found its bottom and is ready to move up and back into the trend channel.

Next we move onto the 4 hour chart found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjuqrlwkdv...20Jan%2014.jpg

This is in Tradingview.com and its a most excellent free resource to track price movements. Now TradingView does not have as extensive longterm data for PPC, so I have begun by estimating the bottom line of our trend channel as best I could.

Next I have drawn in two lines, a green one for support at PPC's bump high on 31 Decmeber and a red line for resistance at PPC's full candle spike low on 7 January. This green and red line represent PPC's current trading channel and until we know otherwise, PPC should trade within this channel.

Notice also that we are currently trading well below PPC's Ichimoku cloud with what seems to be at this moment zero hope of testing it anytime soon.

So next we are looking at the symmetry of the lunar phases for trading. Roughly 3 days after the next new moon should all go to plan PPC will reach a spike top and we wish to profit from this move. From the chart right now PPC is looking rather sickly and why would anyone wish to buy it?

Well the smart investors right now perhaps have some buy orders in at 0.00604 just hoping it will spike lower to test support. Thats where mine are at.

Before we leave this chart, notice that the MACD here really tells us nothing. However, when you go into TradingView be sure to also turn on the Aroon indicator. Notice how the orange part of this indicator (bottom of image) shows a move back down to the bottom? Right now this is just what we are looking for particularly since I figure PPC will do very little in the next day or so but move sideways or if we are lucky drop further. Please do a spike low to 604 PPC!

OK that all out of the way time for the next image on PPC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21qot7qhcl...20Jan%2014.jpg

In this image I have drawn some arrows. Also we see our trend channel bottom line extended to the future.

The light green arrow represents what we see happening with PPC. The tip of that arrow represents about 2 days after the next New Moon or lets call it 1 February. So our trading time is now (22 Jan) until then (1 Feb) or a total of 11 days.

Again the lunar chart found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzxgtbvwje...ool-Change.jpg

Nice DOGE don't bite, Woof, Woof :-)

So all through this time we are watching BTC and its kinda doing its anticipated sideways movement, perhaps slightly down.

Well as a trader anticipating all this to happen, I'm wanting to grab my PPC at the lowest price I can (hopefully 0.00604). Remember, when everyone hates PPC this is when you want it. When everyone loves PPC, this is when you want to sell it.

You on the otherhand who are new to all this, after reading the recommended presentation from 4shared.com, are probably wise to do the following. Do not buy at 0.00604, but just wait.

The 3 other arrows shown in this image represent your buy and sell plan.

The first red arrow is the one you will be watching for confirmation that this breakout higher is really happening. You will want to see PPC move not only over its resistance line but also over its current Ichimoku cloud and in effect you will be surrendering the first 5-10%, perhaps even 15% of
    the move to the market. What this means is you will not be duped by a fake out move. Remember you are just starting with 0.5 BTC and you don't want to lose a single Satoshi of it.

So as the values on the right hand side indicate you will pick a 0.00721 buy price and at Cryptsy you will wait till that happens and buy then.

Then towards the end of the move you will calculate what you anticipate to be the 100% point, and sell out at 95% of that, again surrendering 5% to the market. By doing so, you will be guaranteeing that there will be buyers just clamouring for your PPC because by that point things will be manic. So when you buy your PPC for 0.00721, that same instant you will create a sell order for your PPC's at 0.00938 and then walk away from it all and wait out the 10-11 days. This will mean that when Cryptsy gets really busy you won't be stuck doing page refreshes and finding timeouts on Cryptsy, your sell order will already be locked down. This for you will represent a 938/721 = 30% gain and on a trade of lets say 0.2 BTC you will walk away with 0.26 BTC.

In the meantime, knowing that NMC and XPM are also moving in unison, you may also have 0.2 BTC on NMC and 0.1 BTC on XPM during this time, doing similar buys.

So lets say all up on 0.5 BTC you average a 25% gain. This then will take your initial 0.5 BTC and make it 0.625 BTC. This will be nothing to write home to Mom about, but what it will do is allow you to gain some confidence in trading with 3 wins bang, bang, bang, and confidence is what you are seeking in the early stages of trading, not necessarily BTC or dollars.

I hope that this helps you and that you will take the steps to download all the tools and become acquainted with charting and technical analysis. If so, come April or May it could well be your buy/sell recommendations we are all watching for on here because you will have figured out how this whole thing works and through research on a certain coin none of us are watching, you will be able to provide us a valuable tip.

But without taking time to learn, and just waiting to hear "BUY" and "SELL", you might find your portfolio growth to be a bit lacking by May. Not to worry, heaps of time to learn and research. We are all still early on with this thing.

Best of luck in whichever way you choose to proceed from here. In the end it will all work out, because it always does. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    That's why PPC & NMC might be good moves again...
    Bingo ;-)

Hi Diane, are you looking for BUY and SELL signals to get into BTC for the first time, or do you already have some?

You've indicated that you don't understand the charts but without some idea of how charting works it will only be a lucky guess as to whether or not you buy at the right time and sell at the right time.

Understanding how to read charts and technical analysis is not all that hard, but in the beginning some focused study is required.

Suggest you visit:

www.4shared.com (don't need to join up as a member, can just request initial downloads for free) and search for and download this presentation:

7 Chart Patterns That Consistently Make Money.pdf

It is 71 pages, and it reviews various chart patterns and signals to watch for, and will enable you to begin getting into the lingo.

As a beginning trader, you kinda want to have a win straight away, else you will get discouraged and perhaps abandon the idea. So I will walk through an example with PPC and NMC coming up in the next 10 days and show what to look for.

Have you thought of purchasing perhaps just 0.5 BTC and setting up an account on Cryptsy and try trading it to see if you can make it into 0.625 BTC? This is not a big gain, but its not a big risk either. In doing so, you will better understand the mechanics of trading and all the tools required.

Cryptsy as an exchange has some good and bad about it. All up its an good site and pretty easy to find your way around. The bad is it really bogs down when trading volume spikes, but for the example I will walk you through this won't matter because you will be making buy/sell decisions way before such volume spikes happen.

In terms of purchasing BTC, I just use www.localbitcoins.com, go to the chosen Bitcoin Sellers bank and deposit the funds into their account. 30 mins later I have my Bitcoins. Yes, purchasing there can cost a premium, but if you are constantly watching, you will find some vendors come on and sell
    closer to spot pricing. Just try to pick a vendor with a number of positive feedbacks. Most of these vendors are probably traders who have accumulated some wins and who are deciding to sell some to get some cash out, so they are not going to mess around and not send the Bitcoins. Besides which, to sell on localbitcoins.com, you have to lock the Bitcoins down in an Escrow account before you can create a listing.

My issue is I know our Aussie is falling like a rock right now, headed to 80 cents very soon. So I was happy to pick up some BTC back at 95 cents so I could begin trading with them, even if it involved a localbitcoins trade premium.

So once you have your 0.5 BTC at your Localbitcoins.com wallet, you can send it straight to your wallet at Cryptsy and begin trading with it. When you go to move your purchased BTC from localbitcoins, this is when that site deducts a small percentage as your fee for using it. Don't be discouraged, its just a small bit. We'll make up for that in trading.

In the meantime, have you downloaded the Bitcoin-qt wallet? If not you may wish to begin doing that now, as it takes some time to synchronize it to the blockchain. As the blockchain is getting so large, you will want to find the Bitcoin bootstrap file (9 GBytes) and download it to your local hard drive and then position it so that your Bitcoin wallet sync's from that at first. Then the remainder of the blockchain that is missing, your wallet will find from searching the web. Still, all up this can take a couple of days so its best to get it started now. The bootstrap file is found as a Torrent download, so you will need a free tool like microtorrent to decompress it.

Okay so you have your 0.5 BTC at Cryptsy (or whichever exchange you select) and you're ready to begin. Lets look at charts for PPC coming up.

The first thing you want to do is look at the full history of PPC and see if you can detect a trading channel that it is currently in. For most of these coins, the trading history is just not long enough so there is a bit of guess work involved.

To generate a trading channel, Bitcoinwisdom.com is a pretty good site, as it seems to have the most trading history for the Altcoins. You will want to get used to using Bitcoinwisdom. So if we select PPCBTC and turn on the volume indicator and the MACD indicator we are ready to begin.

This image generated from the 12 hour data is our starting point:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0euhs7fje...20Jan%2014.jpg

By selecting the two spike high full candles from around 4 December and 3 January we draw the first line. This is the top of the channel. Notice how it leads back to roughly the earliest PPC traded value around October 11th. Notice also how I am ignoring all the intra-12 hour spike high fluff around early December. This was an abnormality for PPC. Next we are looking for a parallel line representing the bottom of our channel. For this I have chosen the low point around November 22nd and the spike low on December 18th. The first thing we notice after drawing this line is that todays trading value is outside of our trend channel. This is a good thing perhaps.

Its OK for PPC to move outside the the trend channel, it just means that after a while there should be a sharp reversal back inside the channel. In this case, if the trend channel is correct, its a screaming BUYING OPPORTUNITY. But not so quick, we are just using this as a learning exercise and the point is we don't want to lose any of your new 0.5 BTC, we only want to gain. Because a win on this trade means you gain confidence, then you watch for your next opportunity and pick a winning trade, gaining confidence and on and on it goes.

So before we leave this image generated at bitcoinwisdom. Lets look at an indicator which will tell us when we should buy, the MACD.

The MACD is the Moving Average Convergence Divergence. Basically its a measure of where our two moving averages are at and how far apart they are at any given stage. We have two moving averages, one near term and one longer term. Some people just trade on the moving average crosses which works but we're looking for an indicator here as to when PPC will stop falling and reverse back into the trend channel.

Again notice this is a 12 hour chart. Notice also that the MACD hills (green bars) and valleys (red bars) have symmetry with the price movements. What we are looking for is the first occurrence of a red MACD bar which is hollow and then a 2nd one which is hollow but slightly shorter. This is a good indication that PPC has found its bottom and is ready to move up and back into the trend channel.

Next we move onto the 4 hour chart found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjuqrlwkdv...20Jan%2014.jpg

This is in Tradingview.com and its a most excellent free resource to track price movements. Now TradingView does not have as extensive longterm data for PPC, so I have begun by estimating the bottom line of our trend channel as best I could.

Next I have drawn in two lines, a green one for support at PPC's bump high on 31 Decmeber and a red line for resistance at PPC's full candle spike low on 7 January. This green and red line represent PPC's current trading channel and until we know otherwise, PPC should trade within this channel.

Notice also that we are currently trading well below PPC's Ichimoku cloud with what seems to be at this moment zero hope of testing it anytime soon.

So next we are looking at the symmetry of the lunar phases for trading. Roughly 3 days after the next new moon should all go to plan PPC will reach a spike top and we wish to profit from this move. From the chart right now PPC is looking rather sickly and why would anyone wish to buy it?

Well the smart investors right now perhaps have some buy orders in at 0.00604 just hoping it will spike lower to test support. Thats where mine are at.

Before we leave this chart, notice that the MACD here really tells us nothing. However, when you go into TradingView be sure to also turn on the Aroon indicator. Notice how the orange part of this indicator (bottom of image) shows a move back down to the bottom? Right now this is just what we are looking for particularly since I figure PPC will do very little in the next day or so but move sideways or if we are lucky drop further. Please do a spike low to 604 PPC!

OK that all out of the way time for the next image on PPC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21qot7qhcl...20Jan%2014.jpg

In this image I have drawn some arrows. Also we see our trend channel bottom line extended to the future.

The light green arrow represents what we see happening with PPC. The tip of that arrow represents about 2 days after the next New Moon or lets call it 1 February. So our trading time is now (22 Jan) until then (1 Feb) or a total of 11 days.

Again the lunar chart found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzxgtbvwje...ool-Change.jpg

Nice DOGE don't bite, Woof, Woof :-)

So all through this time we are watching BTC and its kinda doing its anticipated sideways movement, perhaps slightly down.

Well as a trader anticipating all this to happen, I'm wanting to grab my PPC at the lowest price I can (hopefully 0.00604). Remember, when everyone hates PPC this is when you want it. When everyone loves PPC, this is when you want to sell it.

You on the otherhand who are new to all this, after reading the recommended presentation from 4shared.com, are probably wise to do the following. Do not buy at 0.00604, but just wait.

The 3 other arrows shown in this image represent your buy and sell plan.

The first red arrow is the one you will be watching for confirmation that this breakout higher is really happening. You will want to see PPC move not only over its resistance line but also over its current Ichimoku cloud and in effect you will be surrendering the first 5-10%, perhaps even 15% of
    the move to the market. What this means is you will not be duped by a fake out move. Remember you are just starting with 0.5 BTC and you don't want to lose a single Satoshi of it.

So as the values on the right hand side indicate you will pick a 0.00721 buy price and at Cryptsy you will wait till that happens and buy then.

Then towards the end of the move you will calculate what you anticipate to be the 100% point, and sell out at 95% of that, again surrendering 5% to the market. By doing so, you will be guaranteeing that there will be buyers just clamouring for your PPC because by that point things will be manic. So when you buy your PPC for 0.00721, that same instant you will create a sell order for your PPC's at 0.00938 and then walk away from it all and wait out the 10-11 days. This will mean that when Cryptsy gets really busy you won't be stuck doing page refreshes and finding timeouts on Cryptsy, your sell order will already be locked down. This for you will represent a 938/721 = 30% gain and on a trade of lets say 0.2 BTC you will walk away with 0.26 BTC.

In the meantime, knowing that NMC and XPM are also moving in unison, you may also have 0.2 BTC on NMC and 0.1 BTC on XPM during this time, doing similar buys.

So lets say all up on 0.5 BTC you average a 25% gain. This then will take your initial 0.5 BTC and make it 0.625 BTC. This will be nothing to write home to Mom about, but what it will do is allow you to gain some confidence in trading with 3 wins bang, bang, bang, and confidence is what you are seeking in the early stages of trading, not necessarily BTC or dollars.

I hope that this helps you and that you will take the steps to download all the tools and become acquainted with charting and technical analysis. If so, come April or May it could well be your buy/sell recommendations we are all watching for on here because you will have figured out how this whole thing works and through research on a certain coin none of us are watching, you will be able to provide us a valuable tip.

But without taking time to learn, and just waiting to hear "BUY" and "SELL", you might find your portfolio growth to be a bit lacking by May. Not to worry, heaps of time to learn and research. We are all still early on with this thing.

Best of luck in whichever way you choose to proceed from here. In the end it will all work out, because it always does. :-)
    Great information !!!!! Thanks so much.

I have a real small portfolio some dogecoin, a few litecoin. Right now PPC is at 0063 so I'm really tempted to buy some with fiat I have been sitting on in the exchange. LTC is taking some big hits this morning, due to some type of LTC hacking rumor.