Page 66 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5288

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    Who said that? My only unprofitable moves have been:

-buying the bot
    -cryptotrader pro subscription (valueless to me as coffescript is not capable of implementing my strategy)
    -selling off coin at a loss so I could have enough USD and ltc to run the bot
    -buying dragonslayer at cryptotrader for 1 month when it was version 1.0
    -selling off everything at cryptsy because it sucks

Aside from that, my positions perfectly match my comfort. I have literally zero stress about Crypto. Don't pigeonhole me! Good post and advice for many though.
    The way you've been ranting and raving I assumed you lost a lot of money. And it didn't make much sense to me because I'm not as it relates to bots here.

The definition of trolling as defined by most forums is to "try and provoke a negative response". I don't appreciate being considered anyone's sock puppet.

I think its possible that a huge percentage of coinholders are ready to unload a peak, and that adoption will be so gradual that we never see parabolic again.
    That's possible. Who knows? It's a free market and entirely dependent on where free people want to take this. If they sell, others that believe in crypto will decide whether they want to scoop cheaper coins or not.

https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/sta...91450353295360
    Big milestone today for Bitcoin Investment Trust — now holds over 100,000 bitcoin http://t.co/nBzlaGupy4 cc @BitcoinTrust
    — Barry Silbert (@barrysilbert) April 10, 2014

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm looking at ema crossings right now, are any of the bots triggering?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsOfCake View Post
    I'm looking at ema crossings right now, are any of the bots triggering?
    I paused red dragons. I'm testing one that just buys without selling. It hasn't scooped yet. If we go below 12 I think I'll manually buy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dKVaz6k.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	2351

(results would vary greatly depending upon user customization)

# This automated trading bot is designed to buy dips. It begins buying on a downward trend.
    # By default it buys tiny portions until a threshold you determine, then begins buying larger
    # chunks as the price continues downward, however, with customization you can determine how much
    # it will buy, and how far down a dip to start buying.
    # By itself the bot will ultimately get you a better price for your coin than if you put all
    # your money in right now. This assuming the price does not go up from here forever.
    # The bot is also capable of placing limit orders based upon the price it bought.
    # For instance, with a bit of customization, you can tell the bot to sell whatever coin it buys
    # at double the amount it bought it for. Or you can tell it to sell 50% of your coin when it
    # doubles, and the other 50% when it triples. Or you can tell it to sell 10% when it goes up
    # 10%, 20% when it goes up 30%, and hold the rest.
    # Alternately, you can just let it buy for you and hold for the longterm, or you can manually
    # log in periodically to see if the current market price allows you to unload any of your
    # bot purchased coins for a profit.
    # The bot randomizes your order prices and amounts enough that multiple users of the bot do not
    # overlap. It is immune to attackers, it will not respond to attempts to 'trick' it into buying,
    # and studying the orderbooks to determine a way to exploit use of the bot is fruitless.
    # This bot is for those who believe the long term value of Bitcoin will continually rise, and who
    # wish to get coin at a better value than they could manually.
    # It also allows for automated selloff at a predetermined margin.
    # If all traders used this bot, ultimately the price would stabilize.
    # The more people who use this bot, the lower Bitcoin dips will go.
    # The more people who use this bot, the greater confidence in Bitcoin will be.
    Yes, a trader should sell on the way down and buy on the way up. Consider the implications of a reverse momentum strategy.
    Last edited by nayjevin; 04-20-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I think a lot of people have done fairly well over the last couple of weeks bag transferring away from whales. I'm seeing whale bull trap attempts now but the masses don't look like they are having any part of it. The green candles are trying but they bail. I personally think we'll be back in the 11 range soon.

Also, those rumors of Coinbase adding Litecoin won't die. So we may have another buy the rumor sell the news scenario on our hands similar to Huobi if that materializes more.

I think we're all better prepared now on what to do. With each new mini-rally I feel I'm becoming a better trader. I am getting a better feel for when I should turn on red dragon buying. I then prefer to manually sell it off myself.

Finding the absolute bottom is impossible. Just scoop low and don't panic if you miss a mini-rally. If a train takes off we'll probably know about it based on news. I wouldn't expect any November-style trains for a few more months yet.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-20-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69
    The definition of trolling as defined by most forums is to "try and provoke a negative response".
    I was trying to encourage a positive response. Admittedly my best attempts amount to 'preachy douche'.

Who knows?
    http://www.automaticfinances.com/monkey-stock-picking/

The Wall Street Journal’s Dartboard Contest

In his popular personal finance book arguing that investors can’t consistently beat the market (A Random Walk Down Wall Street), economist Burton Malkiel says that “a blindfolded monkey throwing darts at a newspaper’s financial pages could select a portfolio that would do just as well as one carefully selected by experts.”

Sounds like a challenge.

So, in 1988, the Wall Street Journal decided to see if Malkiel’s theory would hold up, and created the Dartboard Contest.

How it worked: Wall Street Journal staffers, acting as the monkeys, threw darts at a stock table, while investment experts picked their own stocks. After six months, they compared the results of the two methods. The WSJ even solicited stock picks from some of its readers, and compared them, too.

After 100 contests, the results were in. From Investor Home’s great description of the contest:

On October 7, 1998 the Journal presented the results of the 100th dartboard contest. So who won the most contests and by how much? The pros won 61 of the 100 contests versus the darts. That’s better than the 50% that would be expected in an efficient market. On the other hand, the pros losing 39% of the time to a bunch of darts certainly could be viewed as somewhat of an embarrassment for the pros. Additionally, the performance of the pros versus the Dow Jones Industrial Average was less impressive. The pros barely edged the DJIA by a margin of 51 to 49 contests. In other words, simply investing passively in the Dow, an investor would have beaten the picks of the pros in roughly half the contests (that is, without even considering transactions costs or taxes for taxable investors).

The pro’s picks look more impressive when the actual returns of their stocks are compared with the dartboard and DJIA returns. The pros average gain was 10.8% versus 4.5% for the darts and 6.8% for the DJIA.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/cat-b...traders-2013-1

[Professional wealth managers have long been criticized for charging more than their services are actually worth.
    But getting routed by an animal that spends 20 hours a day either asleep or scratching itself is a new low.
    In a recent stock-picking challenge, the UK Observer pitted a trio of investment managers against two groups of amateurs: a handful of high school students, and a house cat named Orlando.
    The cat won.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Are you comparing a borderless currency without a middleman to a wall street stock?

So my one-month subscription ended today, and I'm down slightly. Plus out the cost of CryptoTrader and the $100 for the bot for the month.

Question: should I continue the subscription? Or should I wait for a bit before starting it back up again?

I was trying to encourage a positive response. Admittedly my best attempts amount to 'preachy douche'.

http://www.automaticfinances.com/monkey-stock-picking/

http://www.businessinsider.com/cat-b...traders-2013-1
    Cats are pretty smart animals.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/...ice/2014/04/20

A likely target for the ongoing decline is shown at the orange dot near $260 where a long-term rising trendline crosses the path of price action. The point also represents the natural conclusion of the current decline in five waves and is a likely reversal point that should be achieved in mid-May.
    The red point, at label ‘II’ on the support floor, could be the ultimate destination of the current downtrend. Given the slow but steady decline to lower lows during the past four months, a market bottom at $140 cannot be ruled out.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.safecoin.io/

The crowd sale will commence at 9 am GMT on the 22nd of April. Purchases can be made using either bitcoin or mastercoin with all purchases being recorded on the Bitcoin blockchain, via the Master protocol. It will be possible to trade MaidSafeCoin immediately, and this intermediary coin will remain while the SAFE test network remains in place.
    http://www.buysafecoins.com/

Buyers Guide

1. You will need to have bitcoins or mastercoins to participate as a Backer in the MaidSafeCoin crowd sale. You should obtain bitcoins or mastercoins from a source that you trust. Great info is available here: bitcoin.org/en/getting-started and mastercoin.org
    2. Once you have your bitcoins or mastercoins, go to buysafecoins.com
    3. At 9AM GMT, Tuesday 22nd April, two SAFE Network “exodus” addresses will be published, one for Bitcoin, and one for Mastercoin.
    4. Backers will receive 17,000 MaidSafeCoins per bitcoin sent to the SAFE Network Bitcoin exodus address or 3400 MaidSafeCoins per mastercoin sent to the SAFE Network Mastercoin exodus address.
    5. Send the amount of bitcoins or mastercoins from your wallet to the SAFE exodus address for Bitcoin or Mastercoin (be sure to send only bitcoins to the Bitcoin address, and only mastercoins to the Mastercoin address, or the transactions will be considered invalid). Your purchase will be recorded directly on the Bitcoin block chain.
      Please note: if you are using a coinbase account, or an account where you don’t have control over the private keys please go to Appendix Bhttps://docs.google.com/a/maidsafe.n...2726e6bdb_410:
    6. If your funds are returned to you it is either because you have sent currency to the wrong exodus address, e.g. mastercoin to the bitcoin address, or all coins have been sold and the sale has ended
    7. As the funds are received MaidSafeCoins will be issued and sent to the address used to send the funds. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for these transactions to be processed.
    8. Mastercoin block explorers (such as masterchest.info) can be used to view your MaidSafeCoin balance. A Mastercoin wallet (downloadable or web-based) is needed to send MaidSafeCoins to other addresses. Mastercoin wallets are available at mastercoinwallets.org
    9. Using your Mastercoin wallet, it will be possible to send MaidSafeCoins to the MasterXchange to trade MaidSafeCoins masterxchange.com
    10. Once the full SAFE network is launched, MaidSafeCoins will be swapped for safecoins at a 1:1 ratio.
    http://www.coindesk.com/decentralize...safecoin-sale/
    Last edited by presence; 04-21-2014 at 11:23 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/2WzYtAZ92E7JNoDzK
    2014-04-17 02:00 ******* Day: 165.25 Price: 13.31 *******
    2014-04-17 02:00 10000 Currency: $2316889/2316889 23069% ROI
    2014-04-17 02:00 4364 Assets: 0/174084 3889% ROI 0% Held
    2014-04-17 02:00 BUY 1 - Trade Number: 61
    2014-04-17 02:00 BUY 173557.57 LTC at 13.32
    2014-04-17 02:00 Simulation completed. Balance: 173557.57 LTC (2312255.37 USD)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528925.0

LAUNCH DATE: 26:th of April 20:00 CET
    IPO INVESTMENT PHASE ENDS 25:th of April 20:00 CET
    [AEC] ALTER EGO COIN - LAUNCH April 26 WALLET DOWNLOAD READY

https://cryptfolio.com/

Welcome to CryptFolio BETA

CryptFolio lets you keep track of your cryptocurrencies, miners, investments and equities, and generates regular reports of your portfolio.

Last edited by presence; 04-21-2014 at 11:24 PM.

https://www.digitalmininginvestments.com/

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/...intpal/10-days

4/20 DOPE pump. This was pre announced by "prometheous"

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    https://www.digitalmininginvestments.com/
    That is a giant heaping bowl of rape...lol

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For only needing two EMA indicators that seems to work surprisingly well. Does this have bid logic implemented?

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/...intpal/10-days

4/20 DOPE pump. This was pre announced by "prometheous"
    Former Forex traders are having a field day with alt-coins.

It would be cool if any market pair could be implemented into a bot by an end-user. CT seems limited, but could that be possible with Tradewave once they get their ass in gear?
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-22-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    That is a giant heaping bowl of rape...lol

explain?

This is davidpate's mining platform. Why do you consider to be so weak?

explain?

This is davidpate's mining platform. Why do you consider to be so weak?
    Because $27,500 for 1TH is rape. The most that would make is 4.5 BTC after a whole year if lucky. You could buy so much more BTC at current levels for that money.

I had over 8TH for less than double that price (in btc) 6 months ago.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-22-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Pres, what do you think are the chances of a BTC breakout in the next hours or days?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Pres, what do you think are the chances of a BTC breakout in the next hours or days?

I'm in fiat

CINNI/BTC

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange

[ANN] Cinni | Pow phase over!| PoS | No premine - Bitcoin Forum

bitcointalk.org › ... › [ANN] Cinni | Pow phase over!| PoS | No premine

5 days ago - 24 posts - ‎11 authors
    hi dev, I am so sorry to hear that, and you means that this coin has no giveway? and needs to mine for it.. I understands you that "the reason for ...

CinniCoin

www.cinnicoin.co/‎

Total coins: 15 Million Block time: 15 seconds. Difficulty retarget: Every block. Nominal stake interest: 3.5% annually. Transaction fee: 0.005 CINNI Min stake age: ...

cinni / btc - Coin-Swap | A Revolutionary Cryptocurrency ...

https://coin-swap.net/market/CINNI/BTC‎

Buy CINNI. Amount CINNI: Price BTC: Total: 0.00000000 BTC. Trade fee: 0.00000000 BTC (0.5%). Net total: 0.00000000 BTC. Submit Buy Order ...

CINNI - Coin-Swap | A Revolutionary Cryptocurrency ...

https://coin-swap.net/market/CINNI/DOGE‎

Buy CINNI. Amount CINNI: Price DOGE: Total: 0.00000000 DOGE. Trade fee: 0.00000000 DOGE (0.5%). Net total: 0.00000000 DOGE. Submit Buy Order ...

#CINNI now distributed across 7 great exchanges ... - Inagist

inagist.com/all/459025687521660928/

7 hours ago - CINNI now distributed across 7 great exchanges @AtomicTradeLLC @Bit126 @BittrexExchange @Coin-Swap @cryptoALTeX @Europex_ ...

CINNI/BTC - Cryptocoin charts

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/cinni/btc/bittrex‎

CINNI/BTC - CINNI / Bitcoin 10-days charts and orderbook from Bittrex. Last Price: 0.0301000 mBTC. Profit / Loss 24h: -27.47 %. Volume 24h: 150.54000 BTC ...

CINNI / Bitcoin (CINNI/BTC) price chart, 10-days, Atomic Trade

www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/cinni/btc/atomic-trade‎

CINNI/BTC - CINNI / Bitcoin 10-days charts and orderbook from Atomic Trade. Last Price: 0.0480000 mBTC. Profit / Loss 24h: +74.23 %. Volume 24h: 195.22000 ...

CINNI/BTC - CINNI / Bitcoin 5-days charts from Bittrex

www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=5...cinni...‎

70+ items - CINNI/BTC 5-days - CINNI / Bitcoin chart from Bittrex · All time 1 ...Date
    Low
    High
    Open

2014-04-20 21h
    0.0145000 mBTC
    0.0180000 mBTC
    0.0160000 mBTC

2014-04-20 22h
    0.0155000 mBTC
    0.0480000 mBTC
    0.0169700 mBTC

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This feels so pumpy/dumpy. There is definitely a group of pumpers working together out there on twitter. I can't figure out the sudden interest in a coin like this. People just start talking crazy about a coin out of the blue.

The alt-coin community needs to take their Ritalin. Or let me have some of what they're smoking. I can't keep up.

If you're reading this. Dump all of the portion you allow yourself to trade with. We are going low. Huobi took a $#@! for some reason.

It's scoop time. This is fun.

I'm moving more over to LTC just because it swings for bigger gains having only 2 very low digits. Might hit single digit. When this bounces we'll have so much more.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-25-2014 at 12:02 AM.

http://www.bhecard.com/article/detail.jhtml?id=2691
    google translate output:
    "Declaration on the Prohibition of the payment services company for bitcoin transactions 2014-04-25 16:36
    To protect the property rights and interests of the public and safeguard the legal status of the yuan currency to prevent money laundering risks, from now on, any organization or individual shall be my company all kinds of payment services for bitcoins, currency and other transactions Wright recharge and withdrawals of funds, purchase and sale of recharge codes and other activities related transactions shall be transferred by my company's services related to trading capital. Once discovered, the company is entitled to immediately stop the service.
    The public found out that the behavior can be reported to the company.
    Hereby acknowledged."

My take on this translation: This payment service will take any "all kinds of payment services for bitcoins, currency and other transactions Wright recharge and withdrawals of funds, purchase and sale of recharge codes and other activities related transactions"and define them as "trading capital service", in which case they as a company can legally stop servicing that account (if it is involved in trading bitcoin). They also allow "the public" to report accounts that are doing bitcoin related business.

Note; this an announcement by one specific financial service provider, it is not the PBOC.

Let's see what happens to the indices when the east coast wakes up.

Edit1: added my own interpretation
    Edit2: grammar etc
    Last edited by lotsOfCake; 04-25-2014 at 05:16 AM.