Page 82 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5288

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by ronmartin13 View Post
    Pres. I want to use one of your bots. Is there a way I can msg you privately?
    Thanks for all the info.
    You can send me a private msg through ronpaulforums or email at rpfpresence@gmail.com

"Honey Badger" is my current work in progress.

It trades BTCUSD, LTCUSD, and LTCBTC all in one script; I keep telling myself only another 2 weeks... I'm not done with it is all I can say, dev time is hard to estimate.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this thread dead? I've been following it since the start... why?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this thread dead? I've been following it since the start... why?
    Volatility has been boring so there isn't much to report in regards to charts. It could enter more despair or we have already entered it and this could take off with some upcoming good news.

Until then we will be sideways.

I think a lot of that groundwork is being unfolded now as we speak. ETF's are going to come online soon, and what I am finding more interesting is the wealthy young libertarians that got in early with 5 & 6 figures of BTC are reinvesting back into the infrastructure of emerging markets. There is a lot of stuff to read on the board regarding this. I think I am more excited about that than I am about Paypal or ETF's at the moment. There will definitely be more bubbles.

I'm continually buying. And I will balance transfer to the checking some 0% credit cards if it drops into the $200's. Take the aristocrat's $#@!ty toilet paper money and use it against them.

I don't bother reading the uneducated hate of BTC with their politics of envy and anger. The smartest guys in the room are excited about Bitcoin. So are young people in the digital payment processing sector to help make it more user friendly and take it out of Internet 1995 equivalency.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 09-06-2014 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    Volatility has been boring so there isn't much to report in regards to charts. It could enter more despair or we have already entered it and this could take off with some upcoming good news.

Until then we will be sideways.

I think a lot of that groundwork is being unfolded now as we speak. ETF's are going to come online soon, and what I am finding more interesting is the wealthy young libertarians that got in early with 5 & 6 figures of BTC are reinvesting back into the infrastructure of emerging markets. There is a lot of stuff to read on the board regarding this. I think I am more excited about that than I am about Paypal or ETF's at the moment. There will definitely be more bubbles.

I'm continually buying. And I will balance transfer to the checking some 0% credit cards if it drops into the $200's. Take the aristocrat's $#@!ty toilet paper money and use it against them.

I don't bother reading the uneducated hate of BTC with their politics of envy and anger. The smartest guys in the room are excited about Bitcoin. So are young people in the digital payment processing sector to help make it more user friendly and take it out of Internet 1995 equivalency.
    That's interesting. I do think 2015 will be a good year for bitcoin, but it may have to drop into the 200s first. If not, then double bottom. I would short from below 443. It's already looking quite bearish atm.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Well said. I feel exactly the same way.

I also think there is a lot of envy/frustration/fear apparent with current holders who invested between $600-$800 per btc, don't really have any experience in markets, and are cutting their losses or seriously considering it. Can't say I blame them, but they are capitulating to stronger hands. Once the strong hands have enough coins, demand starts exceeding supply again and we know what happens then. We are almost out of sellers in this bear market.

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    Well said. I feel exactly the same way.

I also think there is a lot of envy/frustration/fear apparent with current holders who invested between $600-$800 per btc, don't really have any experience in markets, and are cutting their losses or seriously considering it. Can't say I blame them, but they are capitulating to stronger hands. Once the strong hands have enough coins, demand starts exceeding supply again and we know what happens then. We are almost out of sellers in this bear market.
    I think we need another obvious V bottom before anything can begin in earnest. We need to bounce hard to prove that the demand is there. It hasn't happened yet, just a temporary lull in the bear action.

Tradewave.net just added BTCe backtest data

BTCUSD back to August 2011. Huge upgrade from old data set that cut off at August 2013.

let the bot tuning begin

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Did any of you guys catch the BTC/EUR, LTC/EUR action on BTC-e last night? Something crazy happened, big euro account got hacked, bot went nuts, something, anyway BTC was bought up to 3200 Euros and spikes happened for about 2 hours. LTC was being bought up to 8 Euro. Check the chart for yesterday, its quite nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by zeMan View Post
    Did any of you guys catch the BTC/EUR, LTC/EUR action on BTC-e last night? Something crazy happened, big euro account got hacked, bot went nuts, something, anyway BTC was bought up to 3200 Euros and spikes happened for about 2 hours. LTC was being bought up to 8 Euro. Check the chart for yesterday, its quite nutty.
    Where is this chart located?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the links. I can't understand the charts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Thanks for the links. I can't understand the charts, though.
    Top chart: x-axis is time, y-axis is price.

Bottom chart: x-axis is time, y-axis is volume.

So the spikes you see are sudden and extreme spikes in market price, along with significantly greater trade volume (with respect to surrounding times.)

Usually means that a single buyer with a ton of money bought through all the pending offers.

The fact that the price stabilized relatively quickly usually means that the individual either didn't know what he was doing, or, something malfunctioned (account hack, bot going nuts.)

What's the deal? is this a short term spike or is this the movement we've all been waiting for?
    Can somebody point me in the direction of a place where they are discussing the coin... not the troll box! Please.

What's the deal? is this a short term spike or is this the movement we've all been waiting for?
    Can somebody point me in the direction of a place where they are discussing the coin... not the troll box! Please.
    I think it is just consolidation/despair/weak hand shakeout before the storm. So much good news out there constantly coming out.

Trolls exist everywhere you go in cryptoland. Avoiding "trollbox" attitudes is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by zeMan View Post
    I feel sorry for that guy. Somebody said he lost 3000 btc or something when his bot went haywire.

Good lesson to learn I guess. Even whales can $#@! themselves over.

This is why bots make me nervous. You always have a hard time sleeping. Always gotta keep one eye open on it. I do share pres' vision of an automated trading future. I think it will happen. Some people just have to experience a lot of pain before we get there.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 09-10-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    That's interesting. I do think 2015 will be a good year for bitcoin, but it may have to drop into the 200s first. If not, then double bottom. I would short from below 443. It's already looking quite bearish atm.
    You shorting?

There is more good news coming so I expect more selling...lol
    $#@! is so backwards right now.

Whales are being $#@!s right now. And they aren't talking. Serious attempt for cheaper accumulation going on.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 09-17-2014 at 08:56 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You shorting?

There is more good news coming so I expect more selling...lol
    $#@! is so backwards right now.

Whales are being $#@!s right now. And they aren't talking. Serious attempt for cheaper accumulation going on.
    Yeah, I'm shorting at least until the peak of the 2013 bubble @ 260ish. I'll cover my shorts at 270 or 280. I expect 2015 to be a much better year.

Yeah, I'm shorting at least until the peak of the 2013 bubble @ 260ish. I'll cover my shorts at 270 or 280. I expect 2015 to be a much better year.
    What do you mean by "cover my shorts"? (sorry to be such a dolt about this business, but I just don't know the ropes yet)

What do you mean by "cover my shorts"? (sorry to be such a dolt about this business, but I just don't know the ropes yet)
    "Shorting" the market is a way of making money when the price goes down. It involves borrowing BTC so that you can sell them and then buy them back at a lower price and make a little profit. To cover one's shorts is to buy back the borrowed BTC and return them to their original owner whilst getting your original investment back plus the money you saved from buying back lower.

When looking at the zoomed out 1d chart, it looks like we are near the end of a 2nd red dragon. So still one more red dragon to go. But this 2nd one wasn't as steep of a drop as the first.

I have spread orders all the way down to 300 in case someone does a fast noob dump...might be good to keep setting your spread all the way down to 250.

This will eventually bounce hard to find a new mean. I'm finding too much good news about BTC daily. Feels like accumulation by the VC crowd.

When looking at the zoomed out 1d chart, it looks like we are near the end of a 2nd red dragon. So still one more red dragon to go. But this 2nd one wasn't as steep of a drop as the first.

I have spread orders all the way down to 300 in case someone does a fast noob dump...might be good to keep setting your spread all the way down to 250.

This will eventually bounce hard to find a new mean. I'm finding too much good news about BTC daily. Feels like accumulation by the VC crowd.
    Unfortunately I'm stuck with LTC purchased at $6.75. I'm going to have to wait it out and hope LTC eventually bounces. I had to stop watching the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Unfortunately I'm stuck with LTC purchased at $6.75. I'm going to have to wait it out and hope LTC eventually bounces. I had to stop watching the charts.
    Buying near the latest low of $2 before the bounce would've lowered your $6.75 average to exit. $#@!coins are making LTC look bad. Many are feeling like LTC doesn't really offer anything different, and they would be right. I took a huge loss on Dogecoin but if I didn't sell when I did, it would've just got worse. I feel your pain on indecisive bagholding,

Even $#@!coins with amazing anonymous technology are treated like pump & dumps anymore. BTC is still the digital gold to traders.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 09-20-2014 at 09:13 AM.

"Shorting" the market is a way of making money when the price goes down. It involves borrowing BTC so that you can sell them and then buy them back at a lower price and make a little profit. To cover one's shorts is to buy back the borrowed BTC and return them to their original owner whilst getting your original investment back plus the money you saved from buying back lower.
    That makes sense. Except why would anyone lend you the original BTC to use to make profit, when they could make the profit themselves by doing what you plan on doing?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That makes sense. Except why would anyone lend you the original BTC to use to make profit, when they could make the profit themselves by doing what you plan on doing?
    Because they charge a little interest for lending it to you and there's no risk involved for them because the borrower takes on all the risk by trading.

Buying near the latest low of $2 before the bounce would've lowered your $6.75 average to exit. $#@!coins are making LTC look bad. Many are feeling like LTC doesn't really offer anything different, and they would be right. I took a huge loss on Dogecoin but if I didn't sell when I did, it would've just got worse. I feel your pain on indecisive bagholding,

Even $#@!coins with amazing anonymous technology are treated like pump & dumps anymore. BTC is still the digital gold to traders.
    That makes sense. I certainly missed the boat and trying to move them on eBay now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    That makes sense. I certainly missed the boat and trying to move them on eBay now.
    I'd be careful with eBay--I've not personally bought/sold crypto there but I hear about lots of chargebacks.

If you have a Coinbase account, a better option would be to convert them to BTC at an exchange, then cash out through Coinbase.

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    I'd be careful with eBay--I've not personally bought/sold crypto there but I hear about lots of chargebacks.

If you have a Coinbase account, a better option would be to convert them to BTC at an exchange, then cash out through Coinbase.
    I just hate to cash out at such a loss. Do you think LTC will rebound back to at least the $7.00 range?