Page 112 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 5288

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

This is "overfitted" to this window and doesn't trade profitably long... but much potential
    Last edited by presence; 03-25-2015 at 08:51 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm getting itchy to buy back in after that last dump...

and...

http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/GBTC/quote
    Highest bid atm is $500 and no one is selling, yet.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 03-26-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    There's 84 BTC buying at prices over $310/coin

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Honey Badger Enterprise recently had a sell buy pair:

S 267 3/22
    B 247 3/25

v11.0 will be out later this week.

From now on all HB's will track a single master trading account with 1 BTC at BTCe instead of making independent trading decisions. This will strictly keep Badgers on on all exchanges and offsets aligned.
    Last edited by presence; 03-26-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    There's 84 BTC buying at prices over $310/coin
    Yep, but these bids likely won't sell since the purchased coins last year valued in at 550-650$ish.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post

and...

http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/GBTC/quote
    This will be another observable moment for the history books. This GBTC goes live on Monday.

The problem with consolidation phase is that it creates new top dog players that are in control for a while. They either want to take it down further for cheaper coins, or not. Do they let this run or will they suppress it?

Major hoarding atm.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 03-29-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Litecoin is gay. I got out 1.80

It will probably go back up in the future but lesser $#@!coins are WAY more volatile than Bitcoin. I've said this before but DRK / Darkcoin is really the 2nd coin I think we should be charting. (renamed to DASH / DigitalCash)

Paul,

Is there still a chance to break 255 before heading down? How close are we to the overall major bearish trendline?

Is it possible to fork a chart from you or 4x and have it update to the latest price candles with other peoples lines still on it? I haven't created any charts yet with tradingview. I can't wait until I'm done with my current contract work so I can move more focus back to crypto.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 03-31-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    Paul,

Is there still a chance to break 255 before heading down? How close are we to the overall major bearish trendline?

Is it possible to fork a chart from you or 4x and have it update to the latest price candles with other peoples lines still on it? I haven't created any charts yet with tradingview. I can't wait until I'm done with my current contract work so I can move more focus back to crypto.
    I'm leaning bullish right now, maybe revisit $280s, but this area is critical. If it breaks below $237, it could be a washout, whereas, if we break yesterday's high of $251, I think that will confirm my bullish sentiment. I'll see about getting a new chart out.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

off subject.... but I picked up

16 GB (4x4) of DDR3 1600 for $69

...(after rebate) and paid w/ bitcoin at tigerdirect. BTC transaction was smooth as silk.

Basically 50% off retail for 16 GB.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...54017&csid=_61

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...87621&csid=_22

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I'm leaning bullish right now, maybe revisit $280s, but this area is critical. If it breaks below $237, it could be a washout, whereas, if we break yesterday's high of $251, I think that will confirm my bullish sentiment. I'll see about getting a new chart out.
    You still long 245?

You still long 245?
    Yup.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://tradewave.net/strategy/GQKkfsGcBt

Price normalized momentum, with stepwise support/resistance channel, and zero lag MA

LTCBTC LTCUSD BTCUSD

This is one of the first scripts I built at tradewave... thought I'd dust it off and take a peek. It doesn't trade but provides insight as to momentum
    Last edited by presence; 03-31-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    https://tradewave.net/strategy/GQKkfsGcBt

Price normalized momentum, with stepwise support/resistance channel, and zero lag MA

LTCBTC LTCUSD BTCUSD

This is one of the first scripts I built at tradewave... thought I'd dust it off and take a peek. It doesn't trade but provides insight as to momentum
    It looks like when the orange moves away from the others, a pop up follows. When the blue moves away from the others, a drop tends to follow.

Right now the orange is getting away...

Interesting script.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-01-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Another interesting script from the past that I've yet to actually work with is the Hilbert Transform:

quadrature and inphase did well to pin point those January bottoms and tops

https://discuss.tradewave.net/t/hilbert-transform/165/2

This is the "coppock curve":

Coppock Curve = 10-period WMA of (14-period RoC + 11-period RoC)

https://tradewave.net/strategy/jXPNFPZXnT/editor

Last edited by presence; 04-01-2015 at 09:25 PM.

So I said I wanted to do a newsletter in the past. Would u guys wanna do an encrypted chat group instead?

Technology changes, but the 4th amendment doesn't.

N$@ can eat a dong.

muh_roads picks up the ancap flag

woot!

So I said I wanted to do a newsletter in the past. Would u guys wanna do an encrypted chat group instead?

N$@ can eat a dong.
    retroshare has decent encrypted chat and forums. You have to explicitly connect and share keys with those in your network, also share the forum key with whomever you want reading it
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I certainly wouldn't want to abandon this thread. I began this project with the intention of creating a "mega thread" to promote cryptocurrency amongst liberty activists. Based on email I get I can tell that we have a fairly broad reader base outside of RPF regulars:

I wouldn't mind stopping into an encrypted channel with you guys, that said... I trade on a much lower frequency than many of you, so I have less personal interest short game chatting. My short game interest lies in algo trading which has largely been a solitary exercise except for what I opensource to the tradewave forum.
    Last edited by presence; 04-05-2015 at 10:36 AM.

pres, nah, we'd never abandon RPF.
    I'm just not a fan of skype and it would be cool to connect with ppl some more.

kpitcher, what are your thoughts on tox.im? The next question is, what is the best pipeline for sharing priv keys with everyone u trust? RPF still has no https, so PM's are out in the wild. (no idea what SSL costs? I've heard TLS is the new thing to use?)

Paul, what are your thoughts on the 252 exit? Or you back in?
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-05-2015 at 03:03 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already sold some and have orders to sell the lion's share of my play coinage w/ thoughts that the lower 200s-220s could be happening the mid part of this week. Yet, I've seen opinions of 330 this or next week so just trying to catch something. Above 260 is holding for now but that could change by the morning and beyond. Is anyone offering liquidity swaps cause my initial 'toe in water' has been going good so far?.. Figured lending services is more low key than calling moves w/ leverage.

N$@ can eat a dong.
    Haha, I hope the NSA is not wasting resources worrying about what a group of traders are up to

I do love this thread though, it's helped me make a lot of crypto and understand markets and market structure.

I wouldn't mind starting a trading group or syndicate in the future, maybe more something more organized to spread our risk. Also, a digital security hedge fund has crossed my mind, which seems insane, but why not? There will probably be demand for something like that especially if we get a bull market in the near future. All you need is a few high net worth individuals and a few traders/algos that can be consistently profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    So you don't expect a new low (below 2120 on Huobi)?

I would expect the price to bottom between 375 and 100 on MtGox, based on other months long downtrends of the 2011 and april 2013 bubbles.
    Ok, after this fairly inaccurate but still fairly correct call for new lows that I made at new years 2014 (BTC@800). I'm gonna try and make a more accurate one for the coming two years.

This year prices are going to be surprisingly stable for the entire year staying in the down trend and thus likely not make new highs for the year and move to a double bottom towards the end of the year (around november). Before the year is over prices will break the downtrend and perhaps move all the way to the 350 area over new years from then a new drawback will come but in general prices will keep a slow uptrend until 450. This is about where the real new bull will start which will take us at least over 5000 by april 2017.

Personally I am pretty much in right now and play the long term. I'm not going into cash because I have a hunch that we could go 35% lower in the coming months. In the long term I see 2000% upside so I am long already.

Can someone give me a link to downloading the btc client. I guess it's time to move my btc out of the exchanges per recommendations on this thread. I've found several links for the wallet but not sure if they are the legitimate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Can someone give me a link to downloading the btc client. I guess it's time to move my btc out of the exchanges per recommendations on this thread. I've found several links for the wallet but not sure if they are the legitimate ones.
    Remember this post?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5782096

If you don't have time to do that right now, I'd first move to your blockchain.info wallet assuming you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Dianne~~

https://electrum.org/

It's what I use. Write the 12 word seed on a piece of paper when you use it the first time, and keep it safe. This is how you recover your wallet if your computer ever gets corrupted, lost or destroyed.

Remember this post?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5782096

If you don't have time to do that right now, I'd first move to your blockchain.info wallet assuming you have one.
    Got it again )

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    Dianne~~

https://electrum.org/

It's what I use. Write the 12 word seed on a piece of paper when you use it the first time, and keep it safe. This is how you recover your wallet if your computer ever gets corrupted, lost or destroyed.
    Thanks amonasro !

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.