Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 5288

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. As far as I can tell, your complaint against 4xForecaster seems to be that he's not precise enough in his predictions, even though they tend to get the general direction right. Sorry, but from what I can tell, he seems to be one of the best on the market. I don't trade often enough for his imprecision to be a problem anyway. Also, keep in mind that a target being hit doesn't mean he's expecting the market to reverse at that point.

You also threw in a quick jab at me for not telling you about my exit. Sorry, but I don't get paid for this, so there's really no incentive for me to give regular updates. I do this for myself now and come here when I feel like it.
    Just curious but how is life in China and your job there? Sounds fascinating plus your trading on the side.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry to hear that. As far as I can tell, your complaint against 4xForecaster seems to be that he's not precise enough in his predictions, even though they tend to get the general direction right. Sorry, but from what I can tell, he seems to be one of the best on the market. I don't trade often enough for his imprecision to be a problem anyway. Also, keep in mind that a target being hit doesn't mean he's expecting the market to reverse at that point.
    I can't knock his experience. It just seems weird to make up new 5, 5', 5" with unknown geo that deviates from the elliot rules. He might've explained that somewhere that I missed. My bigger complaint is that he doesn't seem to factor in news. The Greece PR effect just seemed absent in his thought process.

You also threw in a quick jab at me for not telling you about my exit. Sorry, but I don't get paid for this, so there's really no incentive for me to give regular updates. I do this for myself now and come here when I feel like it.
    Yeah that didn't mean to come out that way. Getting away and trading less does sound more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Just curious but how is life in China and your job there? Sounds fascinating plus your trading on the side.
    Yes, it's great. I had meant to start a blog and possibly a vlog, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Things have been really exciting and I've been really busy, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of life out here, and I'm also thrilled that my trading has been going so well lately because it is supplementing my income rather nicely. I'm in a profitable short as we speak. Perhaps soon I'll start a thread about it and try to get that blog running.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    I can't knock his experience. It just seems weird to make up new 5, 5', 5" with unknown geo that deviates from the elliot rules. He might've explained that somewhere that I missed. My bigger complaint is that he doesn't seem to factor in news. The Greece PR effect just seemed absent in his thought process.

Yeah that didn't mean to come out that way. Getting away and trading less does sound more enjoyable.
    No sweat. Trading is going really well for me because I learned how to be patient and wait for the big moves with well-defined stops and risk/reward ratios that help me to keep a cool head. The plan for me right now is to short until we hit support somewhere in the mid $100s then possibly short again to 4xForecaster's target of $58. If it gets to that level, then I'm definitely backing up the truck to go long.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i bet everyone who bought at around 230 is regretting it now
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    i bet everyone who bought at around 230 is regretting it now
    They were warned.

looks like my call for low 3s and high 2s turned out to be hit after all , should have stuck with my original plan,
    went on holidays for a week and ..........

I'm really thinking I should just spend my BTC before they are worth $10. I have less than $30 usd worth. I just use it as play money, but honestly this is silly :P
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I'm really thinking I should just spend my BTC before they are worth $10. I have less than $30 usd worth. I just use it as play money, but honestly this is silly :P

At these rates, I'd be concerned with having enough cash on the side to buy much more coinage than you already have. The sellers here are wanting to buy back in at lower rates since the market is talking lower prices and thus getting more coins for their stash. I'd keep your .1 or so and try to get a lot more imminently at these prices cuz this is a phenomenal opportunity if you know anything about Bitcoin. Your choice.

When fear is rampant, buy! When greed is rampant, sell! ~ Buffett

It's taking a lot of self control not to buy LTC at the moment but I'm not feeling very comfortable about this market right now.

I expect the market will sort itself out once the XT uncertainty gets settled. People are very concerned about the fork. Question is, will XT win and how much lower will the market go before it's resolved? IMO, XT is the right way to go, hope the miners agree.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by presence; 08-25-2015 at 10:36 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I expect the market will sort itself out once the XT uncertainty gets settled. People are very concerned about the fork. Question is, will XT win and how much lower will the market go before it's resolved? IMO, XT is the right way to go, hope the miners agree.
    The thing is, the XT fork will make it almost impossible for the "little guy" to compute the larger blocks, thus the market will be more centralized, corporate takeover!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

BIP100 is being discussed as an alternative to XT. It increases the block limit by miner vote (32mb max) starting in January 2016 and requires 90% consensus. A much, much better solution imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com...ef_source=link

I started building a long position last night after watching the market drift up. Bullwhale got over 3000 coins filled from last of the panic sellers and aggressive bears taking out shorts--seems he is happy to average his way back up.

Quote Originally Posted by bullhammer View Post
    The thing is, the XT fork will make it almost impossible for the "little guy" to compute the larger blocks, thus the market will be more centralized, corporate takeover!
    The little guy already can't mine much of anything. I don't think the current Bitcoin is any more impervious to that problem than XT is.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    BIP100 is being discussed as an alternative to XT. It increases the block limit by miner vote (32mb max) starting in January 2016 and requires 90% consensus. A much, much better solution imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com...ef_source=link
    25% of miners are publicly backing it which is way more support than XT that mostly consists of nodes. Garzik has decided to start working on it now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3i9qdj/25_of_hashing_power_is_now_publicly_backing_bip100/

Quote Originally Posted by bullhammer View Post
    A kid in Kenya hasn't needed to download the blockchain for a very long time to use his wallet.

The people who can afford the biggest shovels were always predicted to be the ones who can continue to mine. Just like strip-mining entire areas for a few ounces of gold versus the California gold rush where you could trip over chunks.

21 inc and their partners might bring bitcoin back to its original vision of making the block reward feel more like a lottery by putting low power miner chips in most consumer devices for widespread decentralization. Pools should always exist tho.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 08-25-2015 at 12:17 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based on the price action right now, I would definitely classify this bitcoin bounce as a dead cat. The price has to get in the 230s in order for any serious rally to occur, and it's had 2 failed attempts at this level so far. I'm expecting more down, possibly a huge panic, which we haven't seen. For those of you who remember what it was like watching the charts during the last major crash to $152 (Bitstamp), wait until something like that happens. Right now is just a warm-up. Price going down, volume going up, which is a sign that we could break through 200 soon.

Based on the price action right now, I would definitely classify this bitcoin bounce as a dead cat. The price has to get in the 230s in order for any serious rally to occur, and it's had 2 failed attempts at this level so far. I'm expecting more down, possibly a huge panic, which we haven't seen. For those of you who remember what it was like watching the charts during the last major crash to $152 (Bitstamp), wait until something like that happens. Right now is just a warm-up. Price going down, volume going up, which is a sign that we could break through 200 soon.
    meh, I agree. there are too many bears though. until the bears get shaken out we gotta push up a little.

chart here:
    https://twitter.com/DJThistle01/stat...87077514440704
    Last edited by djthistle01; 08-27-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Damn, are we going to zero now? NMC at 0,3. It cant stand to hit 1 dollar. Poor coin

Quote Originally Posted by btcltc View Post
    Damn, are we going to zero now? NMC at 0,3. It cant stand to hit 1 dollar. Poor coin
    don't bother with that. BTC leads all. and if alts split off for a pump or dump ppc or ltc will lead.

btc is king, always watch it for the keys.

topside targets are 240 and if it breaks 260, then moon.

if 240 fails then we go down to test last lows, after that 150ish, then if that breaks we flash to 60ish.

no doom until whaleclub esk traders are more bullish. they are too bearish thus market maker has to flush them out or margin call them.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    A kid in Kenya hasn't needed to download the blockchain for a very long time to use his wallet.

The people who can afford the biggest shovels were always predicted to be the ones who can continue to mine. Just like strip-mining entire areas for a few ounces of gold versus the California gold rush where you could trip over chunks.

21 inc and their partners might bring bitcoin back to its original vision of making the block reward feel more like a lottery by putting low power miner chips in most consumer devices for widespread decentralization. Pools should always exist tho.
    yes yes you are right......
    its amazing the parallels of bitcoin,litecoin/ gold,silver

LTC appears to be on life support.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting those links. I'm not sure if I should be, but I'm still sitting in fiat.