Page 164 of 177 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 5288

Thread: The Litepresence Report on Cryptocurrency

excellent post on why ethereum's "solidity" language is a heaping pile of $#@!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/co...vulnerability/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I wouldn't call the DAO a complete scandal. AFAIK, no ETH was lost, it's just being refunded. A hundred million+ crowd funding project was a victim of its own success.

This does drive down the price of ETH for a bit, I assume there will be a DAO 2 or whatever.
    A DAO and ETH buying opportunity I would assume. I'd like to see ETH mimic the downward 2014 btc period.

I still don't understand DAO. Couldn't another just be made leaving current DAO holders screwed? There is already something called DigixDAO...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    excellent post on why ethereum's "solidity" language is a heaping pile of $#@!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/co...vulnerability/
    This all reminds me why Satoshi said he didn't do "Turing complete" for bitcoin. It's neat but would have too many holes in it.

http://pastebin.com/CcGUBgDG

#REKTH

===== BEGIN SIGNED MESSAGE =====
    To the DAO and the Ethereum community,

I have carefully examined the code of The DAO and decided to participate after finding the feature where splitting is rewarded with additional ether. I have made use of this feature and have rightfully claimed 3,641,694 ether, and would like to thank the DAO for this reward. It is my understanding that the DAO code contains this feature to promote decentralization and encourage the creation of "child DAOs".

I am disappointed by those who are characterizing the use of this intentional feature as "theft". I am making use of this explicitly coded feature as per the smart contract terms and my law firm has advised me that my action is fully compliant with United States criminal and tort law. For reference please review the terms of the DAO:

"The terms of The DAO Creation are set forth in the smart contract code existing on the Ethereum blockchain at 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413. Nothing in this explanation of terms or in any other document or communication may modify or add any additional obligations or guarantees beyond those set forth in The DAO’s code. Any and all explanatory terms or descriptions are merely offered for educational purposes and do not supercede or modify the express terms of The DAO’s code set forth on the blockchain; to the extent you believe there to be any conflict or discrepancy between the descriptions offered here and the functionality of The DAO’s code at 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413, The DAO’s code controls and sets forth all terms of The DAO Creation."

A soft or hard fork would amount to seizure of my legitimate and rightful ether, claimed legally through the terms of a smart contract. Such fork would permanently and irrevocably ruin all confidence in not only Ethereum but also the in the field of smart contracts and blockchain technology. Many large Ethereum holders will dump their ether, and developers, researchers, and companies will leave Ethereum. Make no mistake: any fork, soft or hard, will further damage Ethereum and destroy its reputation and appeal.

I reserve all rights to take any and all legal action against any accomplices of illegitimate theft, freezing, or seizure of my legitimate ether, and am actively working with my law firm. Those accomplices will be receiving Cease and Desist notices in the mail shortly.

I hope this event becomes an valuable learning experience for the Ethereum community and wish you all the best of luck.

Yours truly,
    "The Attacker"

===== END SIGNED MESSAGE =====

Message Hash (Keccak): 0xaf9e302a664122389d17ee0fa4394d0c24c33236143c1f26 faed97ebbd017d0e
    Signature: 0x5f91152a2382b4acfdbfe8ad3c6c8cde45f73f6147d39b07 2c81637fe81006061603908f692dc15a1b6ead217785cf5e07 fb496708d129645f3370a28922136a32
    Last edited by presence; 06-19-2016 at 01:42 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Why is China using Bitcoin so much and Russia won't allow it at all?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone twitching?
    i think support line should hold...
    Last edited by bitman; 12-23-2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: pic broken

Total and utter carnage in ltc. Glad to have picked up bot trading, did not have time to follow this but my bots saved my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    Total and utter carnage in ltc. Glad to have picked up bot trading, did not have time to follow this but my bots saved my ass.
    THATS NICE

MY BOT ERRORED OUT AND DID NOT EMAIL ME. WHEN I NOTICED THE PRICE HAD CHANGED 200. WHEN IT GOT FIXED, IT HAD CHANGED 200 MORE.

BUT THAT'S OK

I'M IN SAFE FIAT

Well, this just might be a beginning of a new global economic crisis...
    Bad for the world, good for bitcoin thou

Quote Originally Posted by bitman View Post
    Well, this just might be a beginning of a new global economic crisis...
    YOU SHOULD START A NEWSLETTER. MANY HAVE MADE A CAREER OUT OF SUCH PREDICTIONS.

MY GUESS WOULD BE THAT IT'S JUST THE TARDENING

Bad for the world, good for bitcoin thou
    :SMILES:

Was that the last pull back, before a final moon launch?

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    Was that the last pull back, before a final moon launch?
    Evidently not. As I am watching BTC got pummeled 4%, LTC pummeled +6%

how is everyone keeping the faith in LTC? now at 0.0625. Got to go back sometime right?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hmmm, max double top i think... then accumulation and then after some time the halving scarcity effect should kick in... anyone remembers from top of their head how long did it take after the last having?

i checked it myself
    last halving was on the 28th nov 2012 and if u look on the log scale, the price starts breaking out on 15th of jan 2013. not even two months after halving...

15th jan 2013 btc price 14$ and top on 10th of april at 260$
    probably cant scale it to todays prices i guess, because of the market cap difference.
    still something to be prepared for i think...

not sure when this was added but finally a bitcoin vs altcoin market cap ratio!

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

i love it, regarding the total capitalisation, we just touched the all time highs

my algo tapped out at 670 we're in fiat again

We're back in bitcoin

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bitcoin Reward-Drop ETA:
    2016-07-09 10:30:04 UTC
    (5 days, 2 hours)

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    We're back in bitcoin

Do you manually trade the majority of your balance using this as reference?

A local top must be coming. Seems to be getting paranoid moving out and in.

OBV bot triggered. The volume looks too low for movement.
    Last edited by kfarnan; 07-04-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Im slowly turning bearish.
    The halving news hype is over (buy the rumor sell the news). Also price action is giving me a feeling that the steam is running out, for now.
    Slowly going out and thinking of repositioning in a month or so. As i said before, i think the actual halving effect will make the last months top look like a mole hill
    Last edited by bitman; 12-23-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: pic broken

Bitfinex has been hacked.

My algo dumped yesterday; Red Dragon.

''
    http://bitfinex.statuspage.io/
    Security Breach
    Subscribe

Investigating - Today we discovered
    a security breach that requires us to halt all trading on Bitfinex, as
    well as halt all digital token deposits to and withdrawals from
    Bitfinex.

We are investigating the breach to determine what happened, but we
    know that some of our users have had their bitcoins stolen. We are
    undertaking a review to determine which users have been affected by the
    breach. While we conduct this initial investigation and secure our
    environment, bitfinex.com will be taken down and the maintenance page
    will be left up.

The theft is being reported to—and we are co-operating with—law enforcement.

As we account for individualized customer losses, we may need to
    settle open margin positions, associated financing, and/or collateral
    affected by the breach. Any settlements will be at the current market
    prices as of 18:00 UTC. We are taking this necessary accounting step to
    normalize account balances with the objective of resuming operations. We
    will look at various options to address customer losses later in the
    investigation. While we are halting all operations at this time, we can
    confirm that the breach was limited to bitcoin wallets; the other
    digital tokens traded on Bitfinex are unaffected.

We will post updates as and when appropriate on our status page
    (Bitfinex.statuspage.io) and on the maintenance page. We are deeply
    concerned about this issue and we are committing every resource to try
    to resolve it. We ask for the community’s patience as we unravel the
    causes and consequences of this breach.

http://p2sh.info/dashboard/db/home-dashboard

0.8% of all bitcoins stolen. 125,000 bitcoins or 90 million

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.