Thread: The 5th Annual Liberty Liberty Fest NC

The 5th Annual Liberty Liberty Fest NC

The 5th Annual Liberty Liberty Fest NC

March 27th - 30th, 2014

It’s called L2 for Liberty Liberty because it’s held near Liberty, NC, right on the banks of the Deep River.
    We concentrate on how to live freely in the existing world by exploring topics from homebrewing to 3D printing to microfarming to gunsmithing. Plus we have an agorist market and some more esoteric talks (economics, political theory, etc).
    L2 offers fairly primitive camping at a rustic, semi-finished community center featuring a big brick hearth (perfect for roasting marshmallows!). We welcome kids and pets! And, if camping isn’t your style, there are hotels in nearby Siler City and Asheboro.
    Come hang with us – buy, sell, talk, listen, or just relax around folks who are working to live free right here and right now!

Talks

We are pleased to announce that Jeffrey Tucker will be the keynote speaker at L2 2014. The topic will be announced soon. Jeffrey is the CEO of Liberty.me, a distinguished fellow of the Foundation for Economic Education, the Executive Editor of Laissez Faire Books, and a research fellow at the Acton Institute. He is also the founder of the CryptoCurrency Conference, serves as economic consultant for the popular podcast Let's Talk Bitcoin, and has authored numerous books and articles, including Bourbon for Breakfast, It's a Jetson's World, and A Beautiful Anarchy.

Confirmed Speakers

• Amanda BillyRock | Anarchist Blogger & Cryptography Enthusiast | TBA
    • Michael Shanklin | Blogger at VoluntaryVirtues.com | How a Free Society Might/Could Operate
    • Joseph S. Diedrich | Liberty Writer & Law Student | TBA

We are accepting submissions for talks, so if you have a liberty-related topic that you're passionate and knowledgeable about, please get in touch as soon as possible.

Looking for info on last year's event? Head over to the archive.

http://www.libertyfestnc.com/
    Any fate but submission.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, if I have been one of the biggest and most connected liberty people in NC since 2007, and I am accustomed to travelling through Liberty NC a lot for Appleseed things, and yet I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE then who on earth has been there for the last 4 years?

The only person I recognize on the speakers list is Michael Shanklin. Good people, but he is one of those total anarchy 'voting is violence and evil' people.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So, if I have been one of the biggest and most connected liberty people in NC since 2007, and I am accustomed to travelling through Liberty NC a lot for Appleseed things, and yet I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE then who on earth has been there for the last 4 years?
    lol dunno. i only found it because i was browsing states with the term "liberty" at eventbrite.com and figured i'd share it here. i don't live anywhere near NC. never heard of it before either.
    Any fate but submission.

Important Change: Jeffrey Tucker is no longer going to be speaking at L2 this year due to an unforeseen conflict, though he has graciously offered to speak next year and found us a fantastic replacement keynote speaker, Cathy Reisenwitz.
    http://www.libertyfestnc.com/

I heard about it through Ana Martin's FB page and was bummed to see Jeffery Tucker isn't going to be there. I've put it on my calendar for next year - I love me some Jeffery Tucker.