Thread: Cop shoves 89 yr. old man, breaking hip, for telling him to "Calm down."

Cop shoves 89 yr. old man, breaking hip, for telling him to "Calm down."

I can't believe how badly the police force is treating this valiant 31 year vet of the War-on-Us.

Prosecutors: Chicago Cop Shoved Elderly Gas Station Customer

– A veteran Chicago Police officer is accused of shoving an elderly gas station customer in Oak Lawn, leaving the 89-year-old man with a broken hip, Cook County prosecutors said Saturday, the Sun-Times is reporting.

David Barrett allegedly became upset on Dec. 12 when a pump began malfunctioning at a Shell gas station, near 105th Street and Cicero, and went inside to complain.

The victim, who was in line in front of the 58-year-old Barrett, asked him to calm down, prosecutors said. Barrett reacted by pushing the senior citizen in the chest with his hands, causing him to fall, prosecutors said.

The elderly man broke his right hip from the fall and required surgery, prosecutors said. He also tore his right rotator cuff as a result of the tumble.

Barrett’s attorney Stuart Goldberg told Cook County Judge James Brown that his client has been a Chicago Police officer for 31 years. Barrett also served in the Illinois National Guard for six years, Goldberg said.

The defense attorney said the arrest was overblown: “This case is not about a battery. It is about how Oak lawn police treat a Chicago police officer.”

Barrett is currently assigned to the First Deputy Superintendent’s Office.
    Brown ordered Barrett held in lieu of $10,000 bail for two counts of aggravated battery.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...tion-customer/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pussy cop. did he get his feelings hurt and have to assault an old man? yes!

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    pussy cop. did he get his feelings hurt and have to assault an old man? yes!
    The proper mundane response should have been to step away from the counter, doff hat, genuflect and eyes to floor exclaim "M'lord, by your leave."

Eighty-nine years is more than enough time to have learned to appreciate heroic men like Barrett.
    What an ungrateful wretch! Old-dude better not have the nerve to complain about what happened ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The mayor said the situation should remind people of the dangerous work police do.

“We take what our officers do for granted,” Jensen said. “We get angry at our officers when they pull us over because they are a little gruff, or they aren’t really pleasant. Folks need to realize that they put themselves at danger.

“They don’t know what a routine traffic stop is going to do. So don’t call me and complain about an officer not being very pleasant.”
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The defense attorney said the arrest was overblown: “This case is not about a battery. It is about how Oak lawn police treat a Chicago police officer.”
    Wow...just wow...

Sometimes even I'm stunned.

So this $#@! cop's lawyer is pissed that his client got arrested for punching out an 89 year old man and breaking his hip?

If it had been one of us Mundanes...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The proper mundane response should have been to step away from the counter, doff hat, genuflect and eyes to floor exclaim "M'lord, by your leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Eighty-nine years is more than enough time to have learned to appreciate heroic men like Barrett.
    What an ungrateful wretch! Old-dude better not have the nerve to complain about what happened ...
    Yup...old dude is behind the curve on how things work here in the New AmeriKa.

Anything short of instant, complete and total compliance with one of the state's enforcers, in uniform or not, will result in infliction of violence, in this case, potentially life threatening violence.

And some people say it's the older cops who are the "good ones." At least he has plenty of time in so he can just retire and make it all go away ...

Roid rage? Or just typical pig attitude?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Considering the age of the victim you would think they would not use the same playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Considering the age of the victim you would think they would not use the same playbook.
    The two playbooks they use apply to the Mundanes and the Enforcers quite differently. For example, Cops are prohibited by "their Laws" from arresting any of their Superiors for ANY Infraction, no matter how serious. For the Mundanes, farting in the presence of a Cop is grounds for Execution.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Poor old man. His assailant's salary should be docked so that he pays the fellow's medical bills, etc.

Alas, it won't be.

Got three years in prison.

Wonder what would have happened had been "on duty"?

Man Asks Cop To Stop Cursing in Public, Cop Breaks Man’s Hip

By John Vibes on October 24, 2014

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man...r8EiWJzACr8.99

Last week, former Chicago police officer David Barrett was sentenced to three years in prison for breaking an 89-year-old man’s hip.

According to the victim, Barrett became violent with him because he asked him to stop using profanity during a dispute at a gas station. Barrett was off-duty at the time of the attack.

The officer allegedly had problems with a gasoline pump and went inside the convenience store so he could complain.

When Barrett got inside to the store, there was a long line, so he began to get irritated and started yelling at the store clerk. The victim, one of the people in the line, asked the officer to please watch his language and stop shouting.

Barrett responded by throwing the man to the floor, and then shouted obscenities at him and the other customers before leaving. Next, a witness followed Barrett and took down his license plate number, then called local police to report the crime.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the victim’s right hip was broken, as well as his right rotator cuff. He also suffered from torn muscles and tendons in his shoulder. The senior citizen ended up needed surgery and spent an extended stay in a rehabilitation center.

Shortly after, the 59-year-old officer was charged with aggravated battery, he was then convicted in May and sentenced to three years in prison this past Thursday. Barrett was Chicago Police officer for 31 years and was a member of the Illinois National Guard for six years.

This begs the question, had Barrett been on-duty that fateful day, would he have faced the same consequences?

Answer to that last question: NO

The standard, "No comment on an internal investigation, officer is on paid administrative leave." Blah blah blah
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

He essentially sentenced him to death. The elderly do not respond well to broken hips... the second you put your hands on a senior citizen you need to understand that.

Not good.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

89? Jesus Christ...
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    He essentially sentenced him to death. The elderly do not respond well to broken hips... the second you put your hands on a senior citizen you need to understand that.

Not good.
    Yeah, my grandma was never the same after her hip replacement, nether physically or mentally. Deep anesthesia takes its toll on some oldsters.

Did the family sue that rageaholic pig?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least he (most likely) will still enjoy receiving a $1 million plus pension -- he just has to make it through that few months stay in "protective custody" first ...

Who the F hits a 89 yr old guy? Why? just why?

Not good.
    My thought as well. There's not much difference between breaking your hip and breaking your neck at that age... that poor old man is going to die soon.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Not good.
    This. The life expectancy of an elderly person drops dramatically following a broken hip. 25% die within 1 year. 40% require extended nursing home placement. If they do survive, no matter where they end up, their quality of life is greatly reduced. I hope that pig gets what he deserves in prison...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    At least he (most likely) will still enjoy receiving a $1 million plus pension -- he just has to make it through that few months stay in "protective custody" first ...
    I abhor violence and I don't want to seem un-Christian... but I find myself hoping that man gets the full "cop amongst the prison general population" experience. Especially since, if that quote from the lawyer is anything to go by, the fiend isn't even sorry for what he did.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Damned straight. They treated a common, inhuman thug like a common, inhuman thug.

Next thing you know the common, inhuman thugs of the CPD will be afraid to leave their jurisdiction.

At least I hope so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Uppity slaves?

I can across a couple of stories today that made uppity slaves come to mind.

I remember some friends of mine that were working in a nursing home would say it always seemed like the people would always die in groups of three.

I think it was that after a broken hip your life expectancy was an average of four years. No one wants to get that clock started.

Could be worse. The old man might have had a dog. So he would have had to watch his dog be shot while he's lying on the concrete with a broken hip.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-24-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Who the F hits a 89 yr old guy? Why? just why?
    pussies/bullies (not much difference between the 2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wow...just wow...

Sometimes even I'm stunned.

So this $#@! cop's lawyer is pissed that his client got arrested for punching out an 89 year old man and breaking his hip?

If it had been one of us Mundanes...
    It makes me want to punch the lawyer in the face, but you know as well as I do that there will always be some Betty Sue 'Thank You Police" in the jury, gasping at the horrors a policeman has to face every day...
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn