Thread: Randy Brogdon to primary Fallin

Randy Brogdon to primary Fallin

www.randybrogdon.com

This week, I am filing the necessary paperwork to challenge Mary Fallin for the Republican nomination for Governor of Oklahoma. In the coming months, I will be making my case to Republican primary voters why I believe Constitutional Conservative leadership is needed in the Governor’s office.

Government is too big and too powerful and we all know it. It spends too much, borrows too much, taxes too much, regulates too much and snoops too much. We are in the fight of our lives for liberty, and I feel morally obligated to lead that fight on behalf of Oklahoma families.

My promise as governor is to protect Oklahoma families from the overreach of federal and state government and to restore your God given unalienable rights of life, liberty and property.

Right now, I invite you to join my team by visiting the Join the Campaign page on this website and/or by making a contribution. I need your help.

My immediate objective is to raise much-needed funds and recruit the help I’ll need to communicate with Oklahomans on the issues that are so important to all of us. After meeting our initial objectives, I hope to invite you to join me at an official announcement event some time in late January or early February.

For now, please know the battle for liberty in Oklahoma has started, and with your help, I am committed to leading this fight. I can assure you of this, as your governor, I will not allow Oklahoma to be a mere puppet of the federal government any longer.

Dedicated to Liberty,

Randy Brogdon

Don't know much about this guy (yet). Apparently he's in the state legislature (Tulsa area), has a good record, and liberty people I know here in OK are all excited about him running. Will post more info when / as / if I get it, I have only just started to look over his website, an initial glance tells me he's at least running as a Constitutional Conservative. acptulsa, perhaps you have some additional background on this guy (that isn't on his website)?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://randybrogdon.com/about/

Senator Randy Brogdon was twice elected to serve in the Oklahoma Senate, beginning in 2002. His district included large portions of the Tulsa suburban area, including Owasso, Collinsville, Catoosa, Sperry and fast growing areas of northeast Tulsa and Rogers County. He previously served on the Owasso City Council, and later was elected as Mayor.
    He was also successful in leading the charge to opt out of the federal “REAL ID ACT” of 2005 in order to stop the collection of personal biometric information.
    Randy led the fight in Oklahoma to stop the so-called “NAFTA Superhighway,” the North American Union, and the Security and Prosperity Partnership, all of which would have undermined our freedom and sovereignty.
    Certainly seems more viable than Harris (at least in a general election), since he has a proven elected record on these issues.
    Last edited by invisible; 12-25-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: correct bolding
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Thanks for posting this as it is big news.

I'm excited, I helped campaign for Brogdon back in 2010 for the same reasons I will do so again for 2014: he can be trusted and he is a proven constitution oriented person.

He certainly lies more with the constitutional conservative crowd (the legit crowd, not the fake one) than libertarians, although much of his recent speech suggests some of Dr. Paul may have rubbed off on him. I've observed him take a more "liberty" oriented approach from his speeches throughout 2012, where he even appeared at one of the Ron Paul rallies at the state capitol building.

Regardless, he's leagues better than Mary "Drone" Fallin, who has proven she is completely bought by the MIC and drone industry. She also called Ron Paul A.K.A. LIBERTY supporters "Obama Lovers" to our faces at the state GOP convention in '12.

I hope Senator Brogdon gets some momentum going here very soon. We need to get the word out quick and get him on the mind of voters.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 12-25-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Thanks for posting this as it is big news.

I'm excited, I helped campaign for Brogdon back in 2010 for the same reasons I will do so again for 2014: he can be trusted and he is a proven constitution oriented person.

He certainly lies more with the constitutional conservative crowd (the legit crowd, not the fake one) than libertarians, although much of his recent speech suggests some of Dr. Paul may have rubbed off on him. I've observed him take a more "liberty" oriented approach from his speeches throughout 2012, where he even appeared at one of the Ron Paul rallies at the state capitol building.

Regardless, he's leagues better than Mary "Drone" Fallin, who has proven she is completely bought by the MIC and drone industry. She also called Ron Paul A.K.A. LIBERTY supporters "Obama Lovers" to our faces at the state GOP convention in '12.

I hope Senator Brogdon gets some momentum going here very soon. We need to get the word out quick and get him on the mind of voters.

So, aside from Brogdon having an actual legislative record as a Republican, what other reasons would there be for supporting him over Harris running as a democrat? What else can you tell me about his background? (I haven't been in OK very long.) Is he "good" enough to be considered an actual "liberty candidate"? Of course, just about ANYBODY is "leagues better" than fallin. So, assuming that Brogdon IS worthwhile (so far, the "right" people seem very excited about him), what can be done to start getting the word out quickly? Looks like it's finally time to register to vote here, and start attending the local Republican meetings (been putting it off, waiting for just such an occasion / candidate).

Voting record looks like a somewhat mixed bag but overall good, and obviously better than fallin:
    http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-v...n#.UruOJJiLJkg

Here's the Ron Paul rally speech:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaqJ5MgsluA

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...aqJ5MgsluA</a>

Great speech. Looks like we have two genuine Ron Paul candidates running against fallin, on both the Republican and democrat side. When every candidate running against an awful Governor is a Ron Paul supporter, it certainly seems like I'm in the right state.
    Last edited by invisible; 12-25-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: edit: I guess the "embed video" thingy didn't work for me

Brogdon was the first state politician I started paying attention to for the sole reason that he grabbed my attention with his vehement opposition to REAL ID and the NAFTA Super Highway (as mentioned above), which he truly took the reigns of.

He went quiet after his defeat in '10 to Fallin, who many believe gained momentum after Palin stuck her nose in our business and endorsed Fallin simply for the fact she was a Republican woman.

Brogdon was well liked and trusted within the Constitutional circles; Fallin in the crony circles (to put it simply).
    When Ron Paul came about again in 2012, he started showing up and it felt like, in my opinion, Ron was rubbing off on him because I noticed he started injecting "liberty" into more of his rhetoric, so to speak.

It is true that a few folks would probably be deemed better than Fallin at this stage, but I believe Brogdon is the true candidate to challenge her with success. Who's this Harris candidate you speak of? I'm interested.

Who's this Harris candidate you speak of? I'm interested.
    He's a Pauler and Marine Vet that ran for Congress a time or two from OK. He tried to primary one of the GOP Congressmen from OK and then later ran Indy. Not sure he ever got the Paul endorsement like Amash did which kept him from raising money. Some of us here donated to him but it just wasn't ripe timing as it is now to primary republicans that squish.

As far as Harris is concerned, here's pretty much everything I know about him (again, this was also before my time in the state). It was cole that he tried to primary (and rightfully so), first as a Republican, then as an independent in the next election (2010 and 2012, IIRC). His past endorsements include Rand, Medina, and Dennis. Ladyjade was working for him for a while, when he first announced that he was running against fallin as a democrat. There's a thread on him in the Liberty Candidates section (includes links to his website). Doesn't seem like he's really done or doing much, when he should appear to be coming out swinging against fallin on the issues and actually trying to win. It's possible that he's waiting for the filing deadline to pass to avoid a primary on the democrat side, and keeping a low profile until then. He's a lawyer of some sort, with an office in OKC. To my knowledge, he's never held elected office.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both Brogdon and Harris sound better than our current drone Queen.

Either way, we need someone who will focus on the economics of our state a little better.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 12-26-2013 at 08:23 PM.

He has held elected office, in the state senate. He started as an independent-minded man with Moral Majority-type leanings, but with enough of a strict Constitutional approach to attract the attention of the local RP meetup. We pushed for him along with Ron and certain other good local candidates.

He isn't perfect, but we're rubbing off on him. He does seem to be scrupulous. And in any case, he doesn't need to improve any to be considerably better than Fallin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Is he running for Coburns Senate seat or what?

Randy Brogdon is running for the open Senate Seat left by Tom Coburn. Randy Brogdon is the clear choice for us for the Senate seat.

RandyBrogdon.com

Dax Ewbank is the candidate who is primarying Mary Fallin and is running a very unique campaign with a lot of Ron Paul grassroots energy. A long shot at this point but a true champion on the rise. Watch this one. More when time permits.

Dax4ok.com

Signs & Banners

Randy Brogdon is running for the open Senate Seat left by Tom Coburn. Randy Brogdon is the clear choice for us for the Senate seat.

RandyBrogdon.com

Dax Ewbank is the candidate who is primarying Mary Fallin and is running a very unique campaign with a lot of Ron Paul grassroots energy. A long shot at this point but a true champion on the rise. Watch this one. More when time permits.

Dax4ok.com

Signs & Banners

THIS IS A DUPLICATE POST AND I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE...

Sarah Palin endorsed T.W. Shannon, a proven party mouthpiece over Randy Brogdon.
    She did the same thing with Mary Fallin.

Momentum and money is all with T.W. Shannon at this point.

Folks better start getting the word out for Brogdon and sending $$$ his way if he is to have any chance.

Sarah Palin endorsed T.W. Shannon, a proven party mouthpiece over Randy Brogdon. .
    Unfortunately not just her, but also Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Senate Conservatives Fund, FreedomWorks and RedState.

Make sure they play this clip on the news the day she loses her job:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    watch Dax Ewbank in Governor's race (primarying Mary Fallin) and definitely one of us -- a long shot for sure but a bright and rising star!