Thread: Merry Christmas, Buy Litecoin!

Merry Christmas, Buy Litecoin!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Think Namecoin has a ways to drop yet?

Day 1 of 3 LTC pump initiated!

LTC to .0500
    Last edited by presence; 12-25-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    Think Namecoin has a ways to drop yet?
    No I expect it to rise in lockstep w/ LTC over the next 36-72 hours. 40% more profit potential if it "does what it does", but at the same time less reliable and sharper turn around at each end. Must watch for triggers, NMC play not for beginners.

Last edited by presence; 12-25-2013 at 10:57 AM.

9 days ago I posted this image here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5344024

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    25 28 30 32 MA's on the 1d charts... just over the top side of those is where the climb from despair ends; maybe btce btcusd $865 and ltcusd of about $34.50; realistic ratio of .0400; .0500 is the bullish optimist

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    25 28 30 32 MA's on the 1d charts... just over the top side of those is where the climb from despair ends; maybe btce btcusd $865 and ltcusd of about $34.50; realistic ratio of .0400; .0500 is the bullish optimist
    Okay, I'm not a trader, never dabbled into it before, so a lot of terminology just means nothing to me (climb from despair?).

But, you've been talking litecoin for a while. So, I'm taking a look at it.

Is LTC tied to BTC in any way? I looked up charts and there are charts showing LTC/$ and LTC/BTC and LTC/CNY (whatever that is).

Looks like LTC is currently ~$19.63, but you think it's headed to ~$34.00 very soon (days?)
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 12-25-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Just bought LTC.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

If I am viewing this correctly (probably not, but will ask anyway), you could buy from one exchange (LTC) and sell on another and make a gain (or loss) immediately, no?

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-ltc-usd
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Just bought LTC.
    For $18.111 (Crypto-Trade) or $19.80 (BTC-e) ?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 12-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    For $18.111 (Crypto-Trade) or $19.80 (BTC-e) ?
    I used BTC on BTC-e. I think it was .02987 or something. It's went up very slightly since then in relation to BTC.

This could make up for not hitting the low.

NMC and PPC are NOT FOLLOWING LTC

https://www.tradingview.com/e/hdotbNmz/

Okay, I'm not a trader, never dabbled into it before, so a lot of terminology just means nothing to me (climb from despair?).

But, you've been talking litecoin for a while. So, I'm taking a look at it.

Is LTC tied to BTC in any way? I looked up charts and there are charts showing LTC/$ and LTC/BTC and LTC/CNY (whatever that is).

Looks like LTC is currently ~$19.63, but you think it's headed to ~$34.00 very soon (days?)

if image too big for screen download here:

http://i39.tinypic.com/24zbxy0.png

Last edited by presence; 12-25-2013 at 01:04 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @presence, a picture is worth a thousand words, thanks

correction... there's NMC after all:

LTCUSD was $16.90 when I posted this OP.

$20.70 last...

22.4%

in less than 24 hours!

I still expect another 3 days of gains to $32 +/-

Hold. Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    LTCUSD was $16.90 when I posted this OP.

$20.70 last...

22.4%

in less than 24 hours!

I still expect another 3 days of gains to $32 +/-

Hold. Buy.
    Thanks, presence.

Question: Do you think that LTC is going to keep gaining on BTC like it has been?
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 12-25-2013 at 07:32 PM.

If I am viewing this correctly (probably not, but will ask anyway), you could buy from one exchange (LTC) and sell on another and make a gain (or loss) immediately, no?

Yes and No to the arbitrage.

Getting coins in and out of exchanges is easy. Getting Fiat moved around is a pain and is slow. Wires can take days or weeks. There are very few exchanges that use the same 3rd party fiat payment systems. Even when exchanges do have the same 3rd party fiat system they're not very quick. I have done some arbitrage. For a short period Gox and BTC-e both accepted OkPay. When that happened it was worth moving things around. Still it was slow to the tune of a few hours at the best to a few days at the longest. This made it impossible to do more than a handful of trades.

The only way to really make it feasible on any scale is if I wanted to have a pile of fiat and coins sitting in a few exchanges for the chance to do arbitrage. I haven't bothered since this summer.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

The simplest way imo to trade cryptos or securities for fiat is to get your bank account hooked up to coinbase and inject your fiat from there. Then once you have coinage (BTC), you can get an account on crypto-trade and add money to it. It will generate another BTC wallet for this account and you send coinage there via your coinbase wallet. From there, you can buy/trade most of the relevant cryptos and the fees are on the low-low. It usually takes anywhere from 5-10 mins for your crypto wallet to confirm the transaction and then you can place buys on LTC or whatever and those buys usually happen instantaneously or w/i 5-10 mins. Voila

Thanks, presence.

Question: Do you think that LTC is going to keep gaining on BTC like it has been?

LTC has always had a multiplier effect on BTC, so its like leveraging your bets. With that in mind... and the inherent risks associated... yes, IMHO LTC still has some room to bull BTC up to and until 0.1 ltcbtc... at which point it had better have damn good reason on more than just market fundamentals as to why its "the better coin".

At the top of this rise... be it $28 LTC, $32 or $40, I intend to retreat to fiat until my cash is again needed to add liquidity to crypto

Right now I'm holding LTC and NMC... ratio of the two changing as I can dump one at its peak and a buy the other at its bottom.

IMHO this race to the top (today) only involves LTC an NMC... at least in btce coins.

I haven't followed cryptsy coins in a few days.

Unobtainium was fun this past week tho

Down quite a bit since I last dumped.

pity

I think you need to eat a quarter ounce of magic mushrooms before you can view this correctly.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I think you need to eat a quarter ounce of magic mushrooms before you can view this correctly.
    Maybe this is easier to read:

Has anybody heard about Gox adding LTC? I heard they're going to do it on the first of the new year. What will that do to the price?

Has anybody heard about Gox adding LTC? I heard they're going to do it on the first of the new year. What will that do to the price?
    (limited number of litecoin) * (new warm bodies) = (price)^2

Gox has been going to do LTC "sometime soon" since what May? Until they actually do it I won't believe it.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

What happened to the 3 day LTC pump?