Thread: Rand Paul Op-Ed: Taxpayers, jobless hurt by extended aid

Rand Paul Op-Ed: Taxpayers, jobless hurt by extended aid

Taxpayers, jobless hurt by extended aid

BY RAND PAUL
    December 23, 2013

Economic illiteracy condemns us to well-intentioned, big-hearted, but small-brained responses to real problems.

Millions of people are out of work. We all have sympathy for those who are unemployed and I believe it is our moral obligation as a society to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves. Liberal pundits try to argue that Democrats are the only ones who care about the poor and unemployed, but the truth is, caring doesn't help unless it is linked to good policy.

The first thing we have to do is help the unemployed secure jobs. That is why I went to Detroit last week, to present a blueprint for individual liberties and free markets. The "Economic Freedom Zones Act of 2013" is merely one idea that will aid cities where unemployment is more than one and a half times the national average.

This legislative idea will reduce red tape and punitive taxes, and thus, more money will be left in the hands of those living in these cities.

More:
    http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/23/3...less-hurt.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People' wont see it this way... I am sure most people see it as heartless and uncaring.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    People' wont see it this way... I am sure most people see it as heartless and uncaring.
    Caring only counts when government bureaucrats do it for you ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

the unemployed people aren't blowing their checks helping out the homeless either, so i guess they are uncaring too. i mean, if you really cared, you can get by with 3 dollars a day eating junk and donating the rest to the homeless, c'mon, you so uncaring.