Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I made the switch to Anarcho-capitalism....what a trip!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I made the switch to Anarcho-capitalism....what a trip!

I've even debated on this topic within these forums from the Minarchist position!

What did it for me? I started listening to Stefan Molyneux and I had seen a few Larken Rose videos. At first I'd only watch one of their videos when it was linked and relevant to a certain forum topic around here. Eventually, I started digging through their Youtube channels at which point it was only a matter of time.

I think one of the big points that convinced me to switch, thanks to Stefan, is that small governments end up as the most destructive governments because they can leverage the free markets and all it's technological advancements. Also, his points on why foreign invasions are unlikely were quite persuasive.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh no, not another An-Cap junkie. That's how it starts. Next thing you know you'll be mainlining Rothbard's Power and Market.

Here's your next fix. http://mises.org/books/powermarket.pdf

I swear, you people are part of some concerted effort to influence all of us into giving up all political relevancy...

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    I swear, you people are part of some concerted effort to influence all of us into giving up all political relevancy...
    Drawing millions of people from a conservative starting point over to being full-fledged enemies of the state will end up being by far the greatest legacy Ron Paul will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Drawing millions of people from a conservative starting point over to being full-fledged enemies of the state will end up being by far the greatest legacy Ron Paul will leave.
    Yeah right, you're all a bunch of delusional ideologues.

May as well shave your heads and become Hare Krishna's...

A society with no government just isn't real.

So what?

A society with no theft isn't real. Does that mean we should support theft?

So what?

Oh great, here comes the standard An-Crap naval gazing routine...

There is no magic bullet that will allow humanity to live completely without government, taxes, etc.

Reasonable people work to create solutions that are as ideal as possible.

An-Crappists just say $#@! it and run around like a bunch of Hare Krisnas wasting everyone's time...

So what?

This sounds like a false dichotomy to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

look who's talking. A society with limited government just isn't real. A society without slavery just isn't real. (see what I did there? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Stateless governence does not mean no governence.

"Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Check out Zomia.

The Art of Not Being Governed
    http://mises.org/daily/4881

Last edited by Ronin Truth; 12-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.

The way I define what is and isn't property, and the way I define what is and isn't aggression is binding on everyone.

I have the right to enforce my definitions on everyone that interacts with me.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Not quite.

Unlike some other An-caps, I'll be promoting Rand Paul and I think it's advantageous to the An-cap cause. People don't go 0-100 instantly. There's a funnel, and the starting point is typically Libertarian-Conservatism > Libertarianism > An-cap.

If you look at info-product businesses or Home Shopping Network, they draw you in with a small purchase (small hoops to jump through) and then they up-sell you later. This is a proven system over and over again. We need to adopt this idea.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 12-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Not quite.

Unlike some other An-caps, I'll be promoting Rand Paul and I think it's advantageous to the An-cap cause. People don't go 0-100 instantly. There's a funnel, and the starting point is typically Libertarianism-Conservatism > Libertarianism > An-cap.

If you look at info-product businesses or Home Shopping Network, they draw you in with a small purchase (small hoops to jump through) and then they up-sell you later. This is a proven system over and over again. We need to adopt this idea.
    How 'bout you stop being a friggin Hare Krishna and just quit it with the dumb "An-Cap" BS already...

The only reason that anyone even goes for that $#@! is so that they can have some "holistic" zen-like way to just shut their minds off completely.

People aren't stupid, people will always form governments, so stop wasting time with BS that isn't real.

How 'bout you stop being a friggin Hare Krishna and just quit it with the dumb "An-Cap" BS already...

The only reason that anyone even goes for that $#@! is so that they can have some "holistic" zen-like way to just shut their minds off completely.

People aren't stupid, people will always form governments, so stop wasting time with BS that isn't real.
    Why are you getting so bent out of shape? Is anyone forcing you to go along with the "An-Cap BS"? Are you forcing them to accept your system?

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Are you forcing them to accept your system?
    That's exactly what he unabashedly supports doing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Why are you getting so bent out of shape? Is anyone forcing you to go along with the "An-Cap BS"? Are you forcing them to accept your system?
    Because I honestly believe that the whole thing is another form of mind control that is used to make people politically dysfunctional.

Why not this instead:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Libertarianism-Conservatism > Libertarianism > An-cap Anarchism.
    ?
    Last edited by Neil Desmond; 12-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Hahaha

Give up your political relevancy and embrace your coming social relevancy.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Agreed. Some folks go off the deep end.

Those evil AnCaps, all they do, is promote that silly notion of Individual Liberty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Those evil AnCaps, all they do, is promote that silly notion of Individual Liberty.
    It's mind control! A conspiracy!

Actually, I'm just a simple man living a life of peace and philosophical consistency. I don't care about influencing you, because I know the ideals of complete freedom will eventually win the day.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Actually, I'm just a simple man living a life of peace and philosophical consistency. I don't care about influencing you, because I know the ideals of complete freedom will eventually win the day.
    Crazy talk!

I've been minarchist for awhile now (like Ron Paul). People keep saying that I'll eventually slip in to ancap/anarchist camp..... been reading and listening to Spooner, ROthbard, etc..... I'm still a minarchist.... I still believe that government as small as possible to accomplish those few things that are necesary to hold a nation together is preferable to a nationless-faction based fantasy that would quickly be overun by the remaining governments of the world ie China.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I've been minarchist for awhile now (like Ron Paul). People keep saying that I'll eventually slip in to ancap/anarchist camp..... been reading and listening to Spooner, ROthbard, etc..... I'm still a minarchist.... I still believe that government as small as possible to accomplish those few things that are necesary to hold a nation together is preferable to a nationless-faction based fantasy that would quickly be overun by the remaining governments of the world ie China.
    Isn't using government to hold a nation together the exact opposite of what Ron Paul supports?

Isn't using government to hold a nation together the exact opposite of what Ron Paul supports?
    Ron Paul believes in the rule of law and the constitution... Yes I believe he said that on the campaign trail a time or two ()
    Ron Paul is a Minarchist... his political positions are consistent with this
    Ron Paul does not advocate 'no government' he advocates 'limited government'..... and so do I
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Ron Paul believes in the rule of law and the constitution... Yes I believe he said that on the campaign trail a time or two ()
    Ron Paul is a Minarchist... his political positions are consistent with this
    Ron Paul does not advocate 'no government' he advocates 'limited government'..... and so do I
    To keep a nation together?

And, by the way, I also believe in the rule of law, which is why I am obligated to oppose the state. As far as I know, Ron Paul's belief in the Constitution basically equals opposing violations of oaths of office that include the promise never to do anything more than the Constitution authorizes. I do the same. My political positions, as a full-fledged opponent of the entire institution of the state, are the same as Ron Paul's. And I don't know of anybody anywhere who advocates no government. Do you?

To keep a nation together?

And, by the way, I also believe in the rule of law, which is why I am obligated to oppose the state. As far as I know, Ron Paul's belief in the Constitution basically equals opposing violations of oaths of office that include the promise never to do anything more than the Constitution authorizes. I do the same. My political positions, as a full-fledged opponent of the entire institution of the state, are the same as Ron Paul's. And I don't know of anybody anywhere who advocates no government. Do you?
    I advocate for no government.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast