Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I made the switch to Anarcho-capitalism....what a trip!

I made the switch to Anarcho-capitalism....what a trip!

I've even debated on this topic within these forums from the Minarchist position!

What did it for me? I started listening to Stefan Molyneux and I had seen a few Larken Rose videos. At first I'd only watch one of their videos when it was linked and relevant to a certain forum topic around here. Eventually, I started digging through their Youtube channels at which point it was only a matter of time.

I think one of the big points that convinced me to switch, thanks to Stefan, is that small governments end up as the most destructive governments because they can leverage the free markets and all it's technological advancements. Also, his points on why foreign invasions are unlikely were quite persuasive.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh no, not another An-Cap junkie. That's how it starts. Next thing you know you'll be mainlining Rothbard's Power and Market.

Here's your next fix. http://mises.org/books/powermarket.pdf

I swear, you people are part of some concerted effort to influence all of us into giving up all political relevancy...

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    I swear, you people are part of some concerted effort to influence all of us into giving up all political relevancy...
    Drawing millions of people from a conservative starting point over to being full-fledged enemies of the state will end up being by far the greatest legacy Ron Paul will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Drawing millions of people from a conservative starting point over to being full-fledged enemies of the state will end up being by far the greatest legacy Ron Paul will leave.
    Yeah right, you're all a bunch of delusional ideologues.

May as well shave your heads and become Hare Krishna's...

A society with no government just isn't real.

Not quite.

Unlike some other An-caps, I'll be promoting Rand Paul and I think it's advantageous to the An-cap cause. People don't go 0-100 instantly. There's a funnel, and the starting point is typically Libertarian-Conservatism > Libertarianism > An-cap.

If you look at info-product businesses or Home Shopping Network, they draw you in with a small purchase (small hoops to jump through) and then they up-sell you later. This is a proven system over and over again. We need to adopt this idea.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 12-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Not quite.

Unlike some other An-caps, I'll be promoting Rand Paul and I think it's advantageous to the An-cap cause. People don't go 0-100 instantly. There's a funnel, and the starting point is typically Libertarianism-Conservatism > Libertarianism > An-cap.

If you look at info-product businesses or Home Shopping Network, they draw you in with a small purchase (small hoops to jump through) and then they up-sell you later. This is a proven system over and over again. We need to adopt this idea.
    How 'bout you stop being a friggin Hare Krishna and just quit it with the dumb "An-Cap" BS already...

The only reason that anyone even goes for that $#@! is so that they can have some "holistic" zen-like way to just shut their minds off completely.

People aren't stupid, people will always form governments, so stop wasting time with BS that isn't real.

Hahaha

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why not this instead:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Libertarianism-Conservatism > Libertarianism > An-cap Anarchism.
    ?
    Last edited by Neil Desmond; 12-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.

A society with no government just isn't real.
    So what?

A society with no theft isn't real. Does that mean we should support theft?

So what?

Oh great, here comes the standard An-Crap naval gazing routine...

There is no magic bullet that will allow humanity to live completely without government, taxes, etc.

Reasonable people work to create solutions that are as ideal as possible.

An-Crappists just say $#@! it and run around like a bunch of Hare Krisnas wasting everyone's time...

So what?

This sounds like a false dichotomy to me.

Oh great, here comes the standard An-Crap naval gazing routine...

There is no magic bullet that will allow humanity to live completely without government, taxes, etc.

Reasonable people work to create solutions that are as ideal as possible.

An-Crappists just say $#@! it and run around like a bunch of Hare Krisnas wasting everyone's time...
    Ideal as possible? What does that mean unless you actually have ideals?

For what it's worth I'm not an an-cap. My political classification is Christian.

But actually supporting the state, calling evil good, that's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Desmond View Post
    This sounds like a false dichotomy to me.
    You noticed that it's the same dichotomy as the quote I was replying to, right?

I've been minarchist for awhile now (like Ron Paul). People keep saying that I'll eventually slip in to ancap/anarchist camp..... been reading and listening to Spooner, ROthbard, etc..... I'm still a minarchist.... I still believe that government as small as possible to accomplish those few things that are necesary to hold a nation together is preferable to a nationless-faction based fantasy that would quickly be overun by the remaining governments of the world ie China.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I'm just going to keep leaving this every time one of these "anarchy is impossible" responses comes up:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    I'm just going to keep leaving this every time one of these "anarchy is impossible" responses comes up:

What this religious zealot fails to appreciate is the fact that civilization and government go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I've been minarchist for awhile now (like Ron Paul). People keep saying that I'll eventually slip in to ancap/anarchist camp..... been reading and listening to Spooner, ROthbard, etc..... I'm still a minarchist.... I still believe that government as small as possible to accomplish those few things that are necesary to hold a nation together is preferable to a nationless-faction based fantasy that would quickly be overun by the remaining governments of the world ie China.
    Isn't using government to hold a nation together the exact opposite of what Ron Paul supports?

How 'bout you stop being a friggin Hare Krishna and just quit it with the dumb "An-Cap" BS already...

The only reason that anyone even goes for that $#@! is so that they can have some "holistic" zen-like way to just shut their minds off completely.

People aren't stupid, people will always form governments, so stop wasting time with BS that isn't real.
    Why are you getting so bent out of shape? Is anyone forcing you to go along with the "An-Cap BS"? Are you forcing them to accept your system?

What this religious zealot fails to appreciate is the fact that civilization and government go hand in hand.
    What you fail to understand is that order can exist without the use of force that restricts peoples' beliefs, interactions, and movements.

Are you forcing them to accept your system?
    That's exactly what he unabashedly supports doing.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape? Is anyone forcing you to go along with the "An-Cap BS"? Are you forcing them to accept your system?
    Because I honestly believe that the whole thing is another form of mind control that is used to make people politically dysfunctional.

Isn't using government to hold a nation together the exact opposite of what Ron Paul supports?
    Ron Paul believes in the rule of law and the constitution... Yes I believe he said that on the campaign trail a time or two ()
    Ron Paul is a Minarchist... his political positions are consistent with this
    Ron Paul does not advocate 'no government' he advocates 'limited government'..... and so do I
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I still believe that government as small as possible to accomplish those few things that are necesary to hold a nation together is preferable to a nationless-faction based fantasy that would quickly be overun by the remaining governments of the world ie China.
    During the American Revolution, Philadelphia was essentially the capital within the colonies. When the British eventually captured the city, did the war end? Did the colonists fail to achieve their independence from the Crown? Of course not! Everyone else continued on with their daily lives as did the militias fighting the British soldiers elsewhere across the remaining colonies.

"I think Philadelphia has captured the British army." - Benjamin Franklin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's funny how people on Ron Paul Forums would just as soon imply that Ron Paul HIMSELF is nothing more than a statist simply because he advocates for small, limited government bound by the constitution and its original intent...

- Diogenes of Sinope

You noticed that it's the same dichotomy as the quote I was replying to, right?
    Meh, it's just looks like a statement to me. Might be true or might be false - but I don't think that makes it a false dichotomy.

Because I honestly believe that the whole thing is another form of mind control that is used to make people politically dysfunctional.
    No, not mind control or some elaborate conspiracy, we (anarchists) just like peace.

Ron Paul believes in the rule of law and the constitution... Yes I believe he said that on the campaign trail a time or two ()
    Ron Paul is a Minarchist... his political positions are consistent with this
    Ron Paul does not advocate 'no government' he advocates 'limited government'..... and so do I
    To keep a nation together?

And, by the way, I also believe in the rule of law, which is why I am obligated to oppose the state. As far as I know, Ron Paul's belief in the Constitution basically equals opposing violations of oaths of office that include the promise never to do anything more than the Constitution authorizes. I do the same. My political positions, as a full-fledged opponent of the entire institution of the state, are the same as Ron Paul's. And I don't know of anybody anywhere who advocates no government. Do you?

It's funny how people on Ron Paul Forums would just as soon imply that Ron Paul HIMSELF is nothing more than a statist simply because he advocates for small, limited government bound by the constitution and its original intent...
    Except Ron Paul isn't going out of his way to attack anarchists. In fact, he's the one that got the ball rolling by suggesting people read Rothbard and Spooner, so perhaps people like Petar should direct their contempt at Ron and not a group of people who contribute to an online forum.
    Last edited by NIU Students for Liberty; 12-23-2013 at 05:15 PM.

To keep a nation together?

And, by the way, I also believe in the rule of law, which is why I am obligated to oppose the state. As far as I know, Ron Paul's belief in the Constitution basically equals opposing violations of oaths of office that include the promise never to do anything more than the Constitution authorizes. I do the same. My political positions, as a full-fledged opponent of the entire institution of the state, are the same as Ron Paul's. And I don't know of anybody anywhere who advocates no government. Do you?
    I advocate for no government.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast